PDA

View Full Version : 09/02/14 - David Hill Suspended From NASCAR For Rules Violation

RGeeProductions
09-02-2014, 08:36 PM
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 2, 2014) — David Hill, a car owner in the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour, has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body’s Code of Conduct.

On Saturday, Aug. 30, Hill violated Sections 7-5 (NASCAR’s Code of Conduct) and 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2014 NASCAR Rule Book.

“Following the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race on Aug. 30, David Hill made a post on social media that included remarks that we will not tolerate,” said Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer. “We fully expect our entire industry to adhere to the Code of Conduct that is explicitly spelled out in the NASCAR Rule Book.”

Hill may apply for reinstatement following the completion of mandated sensitivity training and an additional review by NASCAR.

Tom Bryant

fastbackss
09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
I know that Yahoo has changed its homepage so that it displays articles "based on what you read on Yahoo most often." I read a lot of racing articles, obviously, so I get a lot of racing based content. I was very surprised to see that THIS article however had made it to my frontpage....

scott
09-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Just wondering what was said that got to NASCAR for such a punishment. I don't do facebook or twitter or that stuff so can't view it. Or can it not be repeated to the public?

RGeeProductions
09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Just wondering what was said that got to NASCAR for such a punishment. I don't do facebook or twitter or that stuff so can't view it. Or can it not be repeated to the public?

http://racedayct.com/2014/08/nascar-whelen-mod-tour-team-owner-david-hill-apologetic-over-racial-slur-posted-on-facebook/

JWfor8x
09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting the link Richie.
I will take David Hill at his word that it was a poor choice of words and was not meant to be offensive. I also think NASCAR was right with the punishment that they handed out.

scott
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm at a loss for words. Thanks for posting the link.

NC Mudcat
09-05-2014, 08:10 AM
I'll take him at his word as well, but it was a bad choice. Saying it is one thing, typing and posting it raises the level. I was at Langley and did not see anything between the 79 and 41. I did see the 79 spin once, but he was untouched.