Aug 12 - Thompson

Aug 19 - Bristol

Aug 29 - Riverhead

Sept 26 - Loudon

Oct 4 - Stafford

Oct 18 -Thompson

BigMac
11-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Assuming Thompson runs Aug 12th, Thompson/Stafford would run events five days apart twice! Any Monadnock rumors?

Might have to juggle the SBM 125 date this year, no?

limodmaniac
11-25-2014, 08:33 AM
As far as I know, there is no SBM in 2015. I know the Nationals are down the road at New England Dragway on the weekend of the 13th.

BigMac
11-25-2014, 11:23 AM
The WMT schedule screams for a September Richmond date. I know its a pipe dream but it would fit nicely into what looks like a very limited Sept/Oct event schedule. Martinsville would fit well too.

I'm a little broken hearted about the SBM 125. That is such a fun event.

BigMac
12-04-2014, 09:54 PM
So all the tracks have announced their dates with the exception of Monadnock, who are currently finalizing their deal. Makes me think there could be a new track somewhere in the mix here. I can't imagine Nascar is waiting on Waterford at this point.

BigMac
12-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Monadnock is looking like July 25th

MOD11RACER
12-06-2014, 06:49 PM
George (Do Nothing) Silbermann Strikes Again.The do nothing WMT and K&N NASCAR scheduler does it again for the WMT. NOTHING !!!!!

Does he think the Modifieds can't handle any new tracks year after year ?

What does NASCAR pay him for ?

Every year same old tracks. Nothing new and exciting for the WMT.

All he does is take races away. Now we lose Daytona and the K&N has taken over New Smyrna. Lose-Lose for the Modifieds and The WMT.

How about expanding the WMT to 20 races with Richmond, Martinsville, Iowa and 2 combo races at New Smyrna in February.

Is that to much to ask ?

A BIG THANK YOU TO GEORGE (DO NOTHING) SILBERMANN.

uticamike
12-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Iowa? really? It's 1203.9 miles from Stafford to Newton, Iowa (says Bing) and about 18 hrs of driving. I wouldn't look for Iowa too soon.
On the other hand ...if they combined with a Silver Crown show..... might make a nice road trip. Hmmmm I gotta think about that.
Really though how about going back to something doable like Beech Ridge,Seekonk, Holland, Spencer, J Town......
Look at Uncle Jack. He's doing Airborne again and adding Devil's Bowl in VT. Both are NASCAR Whelen All-American weekly tracks.
Time for the Tour to act like one.

CASHCAD45
12-07-2014, 07:37 PM
IOWA!!! come on get real! No matter what you may think this is not a full time series for 95% of its particapants . Which teams have the help and resources to traipse around the country . My team owner( NO CHEAPSKATE) refused to go to Daytona because it would cost 1/3 of the season budget. winning breaks even(MAYBE).NASCAR is correct in keeping the WMT point season between april & oct . while I'd love to go back to Martinsville and Richmond the numbers just don't add up. Looking back on the World series and ahead with all the renewed interest for2015 lets try to to not be so negative in December.

JWfor8x
12-09-2014, 10:41 AM
IOWA!!! come on get real! No matter what you may think this is not a full time series for 95% of its particapants . Which teams have the help and resources to traipse around the country . My team owner( NO CHEAPSKATE) refused to go to Daytona because it would cost 1/3 of the season budget. winning breaks even(MAYBE).NASCAR is correct in keeping the WMT point season between april & oct . while I'd love to go back to Martinsville and Richmond the numbers just don't add up. Looking back on the World series and ahead with all the renewed interest for2015 lets try to to not be so negative in December.

I think maybe you are right. Much as I would love to see the WMT go back to Martinsville and Richmond as well as Pennsylvania, New Jersey and upstate New York, for that matter, it is not going to happen, at least for now. NASCAR doesn't run the WMT as a hobby and it has to make sense for them from a business standpoint. So, while I, as a fan, woul love to see the series expand and hope some day that it does, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon so I am looking forward to the 2015 season with expectations of some great racing.

CASHCAD45
12-09-2014, 12:37 PM
i think maybe you are right. Much as i would love to see the wmt go back to martinsville and richmond as well as pennsylvania, new jersey and upstate new york, for that matter, it is not going to happen, at least for now. Nascar doesn't run the wmt as a hobby and it has to make sense for them from a business standpoint. So, while i, as a fan, woul love to see the series expand and hope some day that it does, i don't expect that to happen anytime soon so i am looking forward to the 2015 season with expectations of some great racing.

amen brother!!

limodmaniac
12-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Hoosier Tire is back in 2015!!!

limodmaniac
12-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Yes, according to Monadnock's website, the Tour will go there on July 25.

whelenguy
12-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Mod11Racer-
You have no idea about what you are talking about. First of all, George does not do the schedule. Secondly it is the track that wants to have a NWMT event and there are no new tracks that expressed any interest in having a NWMT event. Next we should all be very grateful for "the same old tracks" that have supported the NWMT for many years. George did not take Daytona away. That was the decision of the Daytona International Speedway. They will be removing all of the seating in the back stretch and revamping the entire area. Plus it was not very well attended the past two years. K&N is running in New Smyrna but not "taking over" anything. There is still a full card of modified racing planned. Richmond, Martinsville and Iowa do not want the NWMT events. Many attempts have been made over the past few years to encourage an event but they do not want one.

I would suggest you get some facts and at least general information before you make dumb comments.

MOD11RACER
12-16-2014, 12:58 AM
No new tracks wanted the Modifieds ? LOL

Here are your facts. No B/S just facts.

Riverhead wanted 3 WMT races and Waterford wanted 2 races in 2014 NASCAR said no. Why ?

The backstretch stands will still be in place for speedweeks 2015 and if NASCAR really wanted to have a race they would. Those races weren't run to make the track money. They were run to so the short track racers could be at speedweeks and be part of the biggest racing event each year.

Why shouldn't the Modifieds be part of speedweeks, they are in the so-called NASCAR family aren't they ?

How come the Modifieds aren't having a point race at New Smyrna like the K&N ?

I guess New Smyrna doesn't want a WMT race either and why should they want a WMT race. You know why ? New Smyrna would have to pay them a full WMT purse and not that crap purse the Mods race for now.

I know for a fact that tracks contacted NASCAR about holding WMT races in 2015.

NASCAR showed little or no interest in talking to them. NASCAR DOESN'T want to expand the WMT they are happy with the 14 they have on the schedule and NASCAR doesn't even have to work to get those tracks on board.

I love the tracks the WMT goes to. No need to cut any races at those tracks, but NASCAR should be expanding the WMT by 1 or 2 races in 2015 at some different race tracks.

Please tell me just what George does at NASCAR ? If George is not the man who is ?

When I contacted NASCAR they said I would have to go through George to get anything approved for scheduling for the Tour.

Racer1_NC
12-16-2014, 01:10 AM
My only question on this subject is this.....How much of the purse does the K&N series bring with it to a track verses the Whelen Modified Tour(s).

Many in the modified commmunity do believe that much more effort is expended promoting the K&N series vs. the Mods. It's hard to argue against this when one looks back over the past few years. As for New Smyrna....it seems odd that a track loyal to the mods all these many years would fork out for a K&N race but wouldn't want a high visability mod race to go with it.

I fully admit that maybe I don't see the big picture here simply because as time passes I become less of a racing fan in general. Anymore the only races I go to are mod shows. In fact I can't remember the last show I attended that didn't have a mod feature.

whelenguy
12-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Waterford thought about 2 races but decided to hold only one in 2014. NASCAR did not say no to the second race. Dates for Riverhead were in conflict with other scheduled races so they only had two scheduled and one was a rainout that could not be rescheduled because there was no time for them to run it.

The backstretch stands at Daytona are still in place but utilities, etc. are limited and or eliminated. There were thoughts of using a portion of the road course but it was determined that it would not serve the purpose well enough. Races were not run to make money? Only run so short track racers could be at speedweeks? Not the case and not the fact, no B/S. Every race event has to at least pay for itself. Daytona and all other race tracks do not donate. They are a business and must make a profit in order to remain in business. Expenses are incurred by all tracks for every event, especially a place as large as Daytona.

The modified races in Daytona for two years were not points races and New Smyrna has their famous racing week events as they have for many years. There is not much down time at that track during Speedweek.

I would be interested in knowing what tracks contacted NASCAR about holding NWMT races in 2015 and felt that NASCAR showed no interest in talking to them. Since you are only dealing with facts you should have the answer. And you know for a fact, no B/S that NASCAR doesn't even have to work to get the tracks signed for the NWMT events that are held each season! I am amazed at how well connected you are to have all of this inside information and all of these facts, no B/S.

You are pretty much wrong about everything you have stated. I think you need to double check your facts before you post them. I greatly appreciate your support and passion for the modifieds but when you make statements, accusations and critical comments about specific people with very little or no factual basis you have gone outside the box. In short, you really have no clue.

BigMac
12-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Agreed, the Daytona deal was 100% about DIS making money. The whole concept was based on getting cars on the track on their traditional off days during speedweeks to generate $$$. They announced that in the press release 2 yrs ago. It was out there for all to see. They were very upfront with that. As far as the schedule goes you also have to remember Nascar has been trying to limit the number of races per month to 3 as well as staying away from 4th of July and Labor Day. You sprinkle in a few open weekends for rain dates and that doesn't leave many, if any open weekends in July and August for an event. As it was, Riverhead had to cancel their second event last year. There really aren't many northeastern tracks that are Nascar sanctioned that the tour doesn't visit. Just not many Nascar tracks left. That's the bigger issue.