PDA

View Full Version : Sizzler Car Count

Goldy
04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
So I was just combing through the entry list and.... I had to keep scrolling down?? Thought to myself, wasn't I on here pissing and moaning about "Fizzler" car counts a couple years ago.. ayup.. (http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?26431-Fizzler&highlight=sizzler)

.. anyway - it's pretty cool to see:

35 cars on the entry list.
about 5 names I'm not even familiar with.. and I kinda follow this stuff..
Ole Blue and the Mystic Missile still in the line up...
there's a new chassis in town...
Marty Radewick as the crew chief on the 37... I used to pull for him back in my day..

It's refreshing to see a healthy car count; with about 15 cars all contenders for running in the top 10, I hope all the parity produces some quality racing up front and puts some Sizzle back in the Sizzler!!!

RGeeProductions
04-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Funny... I was going to start a thread on that thought.... but honestly wasn't even thinking about you but a few other members saying the tour was falling apart....
I never addressed comments at the time figuring I would wait till something like this happened and then go back to those threads and bring them back up...
If I can find the time, I still may do it.... LOL

cornellsgt12
04-22-2015, 06:38 PM
It is good to see the increased car counts. But my concern will be how many teams are still competing after say July or so. If the spec motor and new chassis turn out to be dominant, how many will continue to compete with older/different equipment ?

RGeeProductions
04-22-2015, 07:51 PM
If the spec motor becomes dominant, hopefully NASCAR will add weight, change gearing or add a plate....

BigMac
04-22-2015, 08:55 PM
The Sizzler usually starts 33 cars. Are they sending 2 home or starting everyone?

RGeeProductions
04-22-2015, 09:30 PM
It is good to see the increased car counts. But my concern will be how many teams are still competing after say July or so. If the spec motor and new chassis turn out to be dominant, how many will continue to compete with older/different equipment ?

Shawn Courchesne of RaceDayCT (http://www.racedayct.com/2015/04/qa-with-nascar-whelen-modified-tour-series-director-jimmy-wilson) interviewed Jimmy Wilson and this was one of the questions:

Shawn Courchesne: A few years ago there was a real backlash to the NASCAR Spec Engine Program within the Whelen Modified Tour team ownership group, and now that has taken a big turn. Eighteen cars were at the season opener at Thompson with Spec Engines. How proud are you of how that program has developed?

Jimmy Wilson: “As far as that’s concerned, it took a very methodical approach to that program. One thing that we’ve said all along is that we want that engine to be an option for the teams. So you’ve got Package A and Package B and whichever fits the team as best possible. I think we’ve achieved at this point and we’ll continue to monitor that moving forward to make sure that we have parity between the two so one doesn’t have an advantage over the other. And from that standpoint I’m very proud of what we’ve accomplished. A lot of people at that [NASCAR Research and Development Center] have really done a lot to make sure that we’ve got that and we’ve had a lot of support with it and I think that’s another key point that’s helped the car count. You’ve seen some very positive releases that have come out from various competitors … that have specifically said ‘We wouldn’t be able to come run the Whelen Modified Tour if it wasn’t for this package.’ So even if it helped just bring two or three cars that wouldn’t even look to come with us I think we’ve achieved our goal with that.”