PDA

View Full Version : 88 team penalized ny NASACR

cornellsgt12
05-01-2015, 07:49 AM
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt_story_penalty_Stafford_043015

SteveS
05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt_story_penalty_Stafford_043015

That couldn't be less transparent. Sounds like a cop that pulls you over and says "hey, I clocked you at 110 mph but I'm just going to give you a warning for unreasonable speed for conditions." Penalty=probation?

Gil
05-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Funny how certain drivers keep the win when cheating!

RGeeProductions
05-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Gil.... what EXACTLY was the cheat you mention?
The motor was impounded and TOTALLY pulled apart.
A stud was replaced with a bolt in the motor and THEY FOUND EVERY SINGLE THING WITHIN THE MOTOR LEGAL except this!
This IS NOT PERFORMANCE RELATED IN ANY WAY!
Was it a supplied fastener, no... Was it performance enhancing IN ANY WAY, no...
If it was any more than this, the win would have been taken away...

CASHCAD45
05-05-2015, 07:52 PM
As usual RGee you are 100% Correct! your fact are accurate and analysis spot on!

Gil
05-09-2015, 11:19 PM
If not cheating, why is it even in the news and why was a penalty imposed? I've read of drivers losing the win for having the wrong part. I guess I really don't know anything on how this stuff works thee days.

RGeeProductions
05-10-2015, 09:40 AM
If not cheating, why is it even in the news and why was a penalty imposed? I've read of drivers losing the win for having the wrong part. I guess I really don't know anything on how this stuff works thee days.
Some thought the 88 was cheating. Normal when someone is dominant.
I can't really remember the last time a win was taken away on the NWMT.
As stated, part was a bolt instead of a stud and nut only. Did they break a rule, yes, was it cheating, in my mind and many others, hell no. NASCAR HAD to do something.
Yeah... there is so much more to this then NASCAR tells.... and in the possible near future there may be a change that will relate to this....
Those involved on the tour know what the deal was.....

Gil
05-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Thanks for your explanation. Sorry to be such a pest! :cheers:

RGeeProductions
05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks for your explanation. Sorry to be such a pest! :cheers:

Not a pest at all.
Many things like this are kept generic in media for different reasons (NASCAR) and that leaves fans not understanding things as they are.
I wish I could go into more detail on this specific penalty but if NASCAR or the team involved doesn't put it out, I respect them.
As I said, there may be more on this specific penalty in the future and if there is I will update it here....