PDA

View Full Version : Southern tour race at Bowman Gray

NC Mudcat
08-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Maybe breathe a little life into this part of the forum, first post here this year???

Great race last night. GB3 and Danny Bohn put on a great show, as did Preece coming from the rear after a flat tire. Fantastic racing.

What was GB3 mad at Burt for. There was a group of cars together, got to banging and he winds up in the fence. I missed the part that was Burt's fault.

Where was Stephen Davis? 2 Hillbilly cars there and him in neither one.

Racer1_NC
08-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Preece impressed me for sure. Ran what I call the "Paul Radford" line in one and two.... Not a fan boy but he did take a few to school on how to pass at BGS.

I guess GB3 believed Burt got him....again......like Langley last year. Just a guess.

Davis seems to have landed a Kids and Nephews ride....at least part time. Running a SLM too...... Speed 51 had him quoted as "cutting back" his modified schedule but was plannning on running some races later in the season. Of course after that he's been MIA modified wise. A July 1 Tweet: Glad the dogs still chill with me atleast #NorthCarolina #HillRes. Read from that what you will.

NC Mudcat
08-03-2015, 08:56 AM
I assumed the same about GB3. Maybe still carrying a little attitude from Langley for sure. He was fast, but on that last restart got out too soon and had to stop, never really got back into the groove before tagging the fence.

Davis (with money) has opportunities beyond modifieds, so it was a matter of time. Seems like something similar happened with Daniel Hemric. Would love to see Hill with a quality driver in that car, even if they just got someone and ran the Stadium. Or Tim Brown to run the southern tour. Or.....well, you get the point. It's really hard to tell how good the car might be with the drivers that have been in it the last couple years.

Hats off to the 15 of Gerstner, finishing a strong 3rd. Was terrible Friday night, but really impressive Saturday. Just needed more tire I guess.

Racer1_NC
08-04-2015, 01:16 AM
Would love to see Hill with a quality driver in that car, even if they just got someone and ran the Stadium. Or Tim Brown to run the southern tour. Or.....well, you get the point. It's really hard to tell how good the car might be with the drivers that have been in it the last couple years.

I'd like to see Civali back in the car......kept things interesting.

Hats off to the 15 of Gerstner, finishing a strong 3rd. Was terrible Friday night, but really impressive Saturday. Just needed more tire I guess.
Indeed. Like to see him follow that up with a strong finish to the season.

Saturday was a throw back.....the way it used to be years ago. Even my wife said it was great to see a bunch of cars fighting for a win instead of 2-3 racing for points and the rest cruising.