PDA

View Full Version : Cobwebs and Tumbleweeds...

Goldy
08-11-2015, 09:11 PM
It's not like there isn't much going on, but man this once mighty forum has really fallen on hard times.. "hey fella, can ya spare a comment for a forum down on its luck?"....

Is there any hope left for interactive exchange of thought and opinion, or is this just a place for the marketing of lap sponorship for the Tri Track? (no disrespect Jim)..

A couple of random thoughts from the pot stirrer..

Seuss is overdue for a good run - like to see what he can do in the 13..
What happend to the Spencer Davis kid in the 79?
I'm still enthused to see some new names on the entry lists..
What does next week at Bristol hold - Mods and Trucks on Wed, is it possible there is a crowd there for the Mod race?

Feels like an old Whalers home game here, people sitting on their hands.. so carry on if you must, but I'd prefer you reply and say something, anything...

scott
08-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Totally agree, this site used to be the one. Crowd will probably be sparse, have you seen how few are at the Cup races?

fastbackss
08-12-2015, 11:30 AM
What happend to the Spencer Davis kid in the 79?

He bolted fenders back on.
http://www.ntsmotorsports.com/spencer-davis-to-make-nascar-kn-pro-series-east-debut-with-nts-motorsports/

JWfor8x
08-12-2015, 11:47 AM
The thing i find interesting this year is how many Long Island guys there are running the tour. BTW, did you ever tried tumbleweed soup?

BigMac
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Getting ready to head to the track. I feel like we will see a new face in victory circle tonight. At least in 2015. Maybe Silk??

RGeeProductions
08-12-2015, 03:36 PM
No one has time for forums like this any more.... too busy on Facebook.... kinda sucks..... but I will always keep this going even if not used as often...

scott
08-12-2015, 05:03 PM
thank you Richie, I don't do facebook or any new fangled thing, just the email and stuff like this.

BigMac
08-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Getting ready to head to the track. I feel like we will see a new face in victory circle tonight. At least in 2015. Maybe Silk??

So much for that prediction. Another great WMT race though. I'm telling you, this has been the best season in years. Lots of drama throughout. Not sure how Woody didn't get put to the back for taking out TC. Then the restart rule reared its ugly head again. The 9 spun the tires and got shuffled back with everyone behind him having fresh tires. Coby had no opportunity to give it back. The spirit of the rule and the leader spinning the tires are two different things. Tough call but it worked out for the 2.

spotter27
08-13-2015, 01:40 PM
gotta agree with BigMac about the restart rule.What was Coby to do??He got such a big jump was he suppose to stop on the back stretch and wait for the field??Hell he was 10 car lengths before turn 1.Also was not able to go but was able to watch it on fanschoice.TV and gotta say was a good shock how good the broadcast was,ty fanschoice.tv.

cornellsgt12
08-13-2015, 04:38 PM
If Coby backs off on that restart you would've had all hell break out in the middle of the pack. What has Emerling found for qualifying that he can't take with him to the race itself ? I thought the coverage by Fanschoice.tv in conjunction with Victory Lane Radio was awesome. Too bad all the in-car audio didn't work. Speaking of Victory Lane Radio, they will be broadcasting the modified race live from Bristol.

As far as the lack of posts, I would rather have quality rather than quantity like some other boards. I remember when Lou started this, he had his rules and if you didn't adhere to them , you were gone.

Rabbit504
08-14-2015, 06:19 AM
This still is the leader in information on racing.
The people who run this Forum keep that way!

By the way I hear the 2006 Rookie of the year will be back behind the wheel at Bristol.

RGeeProductions
08-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the comments...
Still do things old school here... all stories are hand done and not wordpress as most do...
Also try to keep sponsors to a minimum which annoys me at almost all media websites (if I had 1/10 of what a few sites have, I could retire.... makes me wonder if they really care about the sport or just the money they make...)... and on that note, I could use a sponsor or 2 here, we have none at this time... gets expensive with website, forum and a HUGE photo gallery.... LOL

As for Thompson... was nice that fanschoice.tv covered the race. I have an HDMI output on my laptop and watched it on the tv... was awesome..
Kinda torn about most complaining that a few drivers ran rough diving under and pushing people up.... I first I was leaning towards that but thought back to the 70's and 80's racing and I remember this was a part of racing (and a lot more of it)... don't take people out, just work them hard but this was racing then... if you try to pass and can't, then do the nose dive or a slight tap to get loose and pass, get the position and pull away, then you are faster.... most pick on the 'roughing up' but what about the blocking??? Just a thought... and I thought the race was great overall...

On to Bristol.... (http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/fans/fan_schedule/)

Goldy
08-14-2015, 12:25 PM
That’s good to hear Rabbit… I was just thinking about racers like James (always admired his ability), who were on the tour and have not been active. This I thought of in the context of how cool it is that guys like Radwick, Marosz, Leaty are wrenching tour cars today. Jan Leaty seemed to migrate to the ROC tour, but what a force he was.. others like Beers, Rudolph, Hossfeld went the same way.. the list goes on… Jimmy Blewett, Sylvester, George… unceremonious retirements/quasi retirements of guys like Connelly, Ewanitsko, Marquis, Fuller(s), Ruggiero, Stefanik, Flemke… I digress… big time…

Leads me to observations from 2015, Thompson – Emerling, Solomito’s, Dowling, Ramstrom, Swanson, Talman, Lutz – emerging talent and fresh faces really help fill the void of many of the missing names and legends of the tour..

Since I haven’t been (I’m ashamed) – how is the new Thompson facility shaping up?

I do hope Bristol has some folks in the stands – I still think this show on a Wed is just too tough for the average fan.

Tumbleweed soup is a new one for me.. but look at this – we’re chatting, in the forum no less.. thanks Richie..

JWfor8x
08-17-2015, 11:01 AM
No one has time for forums like this any more.... too busy on Facebook.... kinda sucks..... but I will always keep this going even if not used as often...

I appreciate that Richie. I spend at least 5 minutes a week on Facebook, maybe 6 but never more. I think it's boring

Gil
08-17-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't know how FB could replace a forum like this. You could spend all day on there and not get complete results like you post. Also, wonder what happened to: LI Bus to the races, ladies aux. picnic, and all of the commenting, etc.

I love the fact that you post results from the tracks: a nice write-up and then results from all divisions. Waterford doesn't even do that these days. If they do, I can't find them using my desktop.

RGeeProductions
08-18-2015, 08:51 PM
I don't know how FB could replace a forum like this. You could spend all day on there and not get complete results like you post. Also, wonder what happened to: LI Bus to the races, ladies aux. picnic, and all of the commenting, etc.

I love the fact that you post results from the tracks: a nice write-up and then results from all divisions. Waterford doesn't even do that these days. If they do, I can't find them using my desktop.

Gil,

LI Bus to the races link... http://www.tedsracetours.com
Ted prefers to use Facebook...

I think New London-Waterford Speedbowl is still working out their new management... It will come around. If and when I get news, I post it here..

Thanks for the comments..

Richie