PDA

View Full Version : PASS Modifieds

fastbackss
12-07-2015, 07:38 AM
You know - in a season where the 2 southern series both averaged exactly 17.1 cars / race, how did the PASS group know that I was thinking "we really could use ANOTHER modified tour in the south."

(Although the allegiance with PASS is at least interesting)

NC Mudcat
12-07-2015, 02:13 PM
No Kidding! This new one is being started by Renee Hackett, promoter at Caraway Speedway, owner of 1/3 of the Nascar southern races each year, with help from PASS. I am wondering if the Koma tour is folding. They dropped (or were dropped) sanction of their last race of the year at Myrtle Beach in the last hour, and no reason has been announced that I have heard. Don't sound good for them, but if they fold, this new one might make it.

Racer1_NC
12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
If you look at the financials of the parent company of KOMA you can figure out what's happening with that deal....

I am thinking beyond the demise of the KOMA tour (that was bound to happen) and wondering if NASCAR is done with the southern mods. I can see that happening with car counts suffering and the lack of purse increases. The Hacketts has the rights to the NSS so it's not a stretch to think they would take it all if NASCAR left.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of mods becoming a support series for PASS late models but I guess it's better than losing it all...if in fact that is what's happening.

Time will tell.

Racer1_NC
12-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Well now....according to Speed 51 KOMA is out as the title sponsor (no shock there) but the series will supposedly continue to run in 2016. So....3 modified tours....in late model country...... let the head butting begin.

NC Mudcat
12-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Either Randy Myers gets on board with Pass/Hackett, or we have 3 tours with 12 cars each. We know Burt and jason will run every race on every tour that don't conflict, but otherwise, no one else does that.

NC Mudcat
12-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Just saw the NASCAR dates, Caraway with 4 races, so NASCAR not upset at Hackett because of the new tour. Hated to see Langley off the list, but with only 14 cars this year, they probably backed away.

Racer1_NC
12-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Either Randy Myers gets on board with Pass/Hackett, or we have 3 tours with 12 cars each. We know Burt and jason will run every race on every tour that don't conflict, but otherwise, no one else does that.

I just don't see three "tours" being a positive thing. It would be one thing if we had a hundred active teams down here.....but we don't.

NC Mudcat
01-15-2016, 03:11 PM
2016 Southern Modified Racing Series pres. by PASS Schedule

DATE
TRACK
March 26 Hickory Motor Speedway Hickory, NC
April 1 TBA TBA
April 22 Ace Speedway Altamahaw, NC
May 27 Concord Speedway Midland, NC
June 17 Anderson Motor Speedway Williamston, SC
July 2 TBA TBA (Wake County Speedway Raleigh, NC
July 22 Tri-County Motor Speedway Hudson, NC
August 27 Caraway Speedway Sophia, NC
September 5 Dillon Motor Speedway Dillon, SC
October 22 Caraway Speedway Sophia, NC
November 4 Concord Speedway Midland, NC

Racer1_NC
01-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Just for comparison....

2016 NWSMT

Mar 12 Caraway 150 Caraway Speedway

Mar 19 Concord 150 Concord Speedway

Apr 9 South Boston 150 South Boston Speedway

Apr 16 Caraway 150 Caraway Speedway

Jul 1 Caraway 150 Caraway Speedway

Aug 6 Bowman Gray 199 Bowman Gray Stadium

Aug 17 NWSMT Bristol 8/17/16 Bristol Motor Speedway

Sep 3 East Carolina 9/3/16 East Carolina Motor Speedway

Sep 17 South Boston 150 South Boston Speedway

Sep 24 Caraway 150 Caraway Speedway

Oct 6 Charlotte 150 Charlotte Motor Speedway

NC Mudcat
01-16-2016, 08:18 AM
And SMRT (Formerly Koma-sponsored)
April 2
Carteret County Speedway
Swansboro, NC

May 6 or 13
TBA

June 10 or 24
TBA

JULY 2
Hickory Motor Speedway
Conover, NC

September 9
TBA

October 1
Hickory Motor Speedway
Conover, NC

October 9
Orange CountySpeedway
Rougemont, NC

October 22
TBA

October 29
Carteret County Speedway
Swansboro, NC

November 26
Franklin County Speedway
Callaway, VA

Racer1_NC
01-16-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm seeing a couple date conflicts....

When SMRT announces a new sponsor I'll believe their schedule will happen. The Don Quixote mod tour just doesn't sound quite right.

IMHO three tours isn't a good thing.....not enough money, not enough cars and not enough of a fan following to make them all a success.

NC Mudcat
01-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Agreed, this can't be good. Regardless, I am really looking forward to my first race of the year, which is generally the Easter Bunny 150 at Hickory, already one of the best events of the year, and now add mods. Should be fun.

Racer1_NC
01-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Hated to see Langley off the list, but with only 14 cars this year, they probably backed away.
I meant to post this earlier....turns out the promoters at Langley are having trouble coming to terms on a lease. The track may not run at all in 2016............

NC Mudcat
01-24-2016, 12:26 PM
My son met the promoter from Langley this week, and it sounded positive toward getting things ironed out. If they do, I don't see they could get a Nascar mod show now, but there are a couple of TBA dates on the other series' schedules that might fit.

Racer1_NC
01-26-2016, 08:02 PM
http://speed51.com/southern-mod-racing-series-announces-purse-structure-more/

Looks like they will be offering a purse superior to the NWSMT....