PDA

View Full Version : New Smyrna 2016

BigMac
01-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Only 5 races for mods this year (M-F) Slowly but surely this winter classic is becoming a full fender racing event.

tampamodfan
01-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Only 5 races for mods this year (M-F) Slowly but surely this winter classic is becoming a full fender racing event.

I have been attending NSS World Series for almost 40 years. There have been great years and some not so good as for the Modifieds.(Its the same for Super late's and sprints, midgets, k & N etc).
Regardless, its always great racing, regardless of Mod Field. I specifically attend for the Mods.
I reside in Tampa Fl. and do not have the luxury of seeing them run weekly or tour events regularly. I have also attended NS Shootout several times.

I understand they are attempting to reduce the cost by not to running 6,7,8 nights. Back in the day they ran 9 nights. Over an era they have been reduced to 8 and then 7 nights with K and n series. Etc.

They should take the payout from the 7,8,9 nights and apply that to the 5 nights.

The opportunity for NASCAR and the modified's came and went when they started running at Daytona 2 years ago. That race and promotion should have been moved to
New Smyrna almost from the start. Coincidentally The start of the racing season should be kicked off at the same time.

I still love attending The World Series and as long as i can walk and talk I will be there. I always encourage everyone I meet to spend the money you will not be disappointed.

The days or Richie, Charlie, Greg, TC, and even Freddy D. running at NSS every year are gone. As I pull into that parking lot every year, I always roll down the window to hear the rumble of those bad ass cars. Its something that i will never forget.

Fat Albert
01-16-2016, 07:48 PM
OK tampa! Knock it off! You're making way too much sense and I coudn't agree more. NASCAR never should have had the Modifieds race on that make believe Daytona track when they had a real 1/2 mile oval just down the road. The final night of the NSS World Series, (the Evans memorial), should be the first points race on the NWMT. And make it a combo race with the NWSMT and you'll probably have 40 Modifieds.

tampamodfan
01-22-2016, 07:08 AM
OK tampa! Knock it off! You're making way too much sense and I coudn't agree more. NASCAR never should have had the Modifieds race on that make believe Daytona track when they had a real 1/2 mile oval just down the road. The final night of the NSS World Series, (the Evans memorial), should be the first points race on the NWMT. And make it a combo race with the NWSMT and you'll probably have 40 Modifieds.

I heard about the new opportunity at Bronson Speedway for the Modifieds to run. I am keeping an ear out to see if anyone will show up this year. I think they tried this before but it was cancelled due to lack of cars. Like None . I have never been to Bronson speedway but i heard it was a nice track.

NSS would be perfect for a combo points race on Friday night. Similar to the Thompson World series, you would have 4-5 nights of testing and 30 lap heat races to set the field and the big race on Friday.

i hope to see everyone come support the modifieds this year at the World series. Happy to see Goodale, Bertuccio are back this year.

scott
01-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Is it me or are these prices on the steep side? http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/world_series/index.html

CASHCAD45
01-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Is it me or are these prices on the steep side? http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/world_series/index.html

STEEP isn't the word more like HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! $40 to see 12 mods with probably 4 cheaters having any chance at winning its worth more like40cents:drool:

BigMac
01-30-2016, 07:28 PM
The mods are just a small part of the WS nowadays. The overall show is solid if you are a race fan though. The Late Models and Supers will be close to or over 30 car features. 5 or 6 total features a night. The prices are steep but you are paying vacation destination rates. You pay more for everything in Florida this time of year. Think of it as paying for the warm temperatures. Although it is usually pretty damn cold by 10pm. Still a fun time if you have never been. I still hate the fact that Nascar moved the Twin 150's to Thursday evenings. That and the trucks running Friday night have hurt the crowds at New Smyrna. Not quite the way it use to be.

scott
01-30-2016, 10:09 PM
It's nothing like it used to be in the 80/90s. From the way that is reading it's mostly 3 features a night & when a couple of decent races on one night, Wed. the 17th they bump up the price another 5 bucks.
We haven't had warm weather for 3 weeks. Hope it will warm up soon.

scott
02-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Preece came in 7th last night in the K &N race. Day time temps. low 70s. Nights will be in 50s this week.

fastbackss
02-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Halfway through the first practice session of day - these cars have been out there so far
33 Austin Pickens
Justin Bonsignore
32 Tyler Ripkema
71 Jimmy Zacharias
Ron Silk
Eric Goodale
JR Bertuccio

David Catalano

fastbackss
02-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Top 5 from time trials bonsignore, preece, goodale, hossfeld, a. Catalano

fastbackss
02-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Live video coverage: http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/pod_01

Cool!

RGeeProductions
02-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Live video coverage: http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/pod_01

Cool!

And on our front page and Speed 51....

fastbackss
02-18-2016, 09:33 AM
And on our front page and Speed 51....

I need to start having 2 windows open - 1 with the video and 1 with Denise's commentary!

RGeeProductions
02-26-2016, 11:19 AM
I need to start having 2 windows open - 1 with the video and 1 with Denise's commentary!

I was doing both myself....