PDA

View Full Version : PASS mods at Hickory

NC Mudcat
03-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Big race to start the schedule for PASS Southern mods. $5000 to win, right? Should be a big show. Nascar South started Saturday with a small number of cars, does anyone know of drivers coming to Hickory from up North?

NC Mudcat
03-23-2016, 08:12 AM
19 cars in the entry list, including 2 Pasteryaks and Matt Hirschman, but no Myers, Suess or GB3. Sure would like to see some of the southern big names there, considering it pays $5000 to win.

36 Pass Super Late Models, including 17 from up north. Should make a great race.

Racer1_NC
03-23-2016, 12:56 PM
I read that as teams are choosing sides. With the old Koma deal as least giving the appearances of sputtering along, it looks like the Myers brothers follow uncle Randy and will run that, NASCAR and BGS. It appears at least for now GB3, Bohn and Suess will stick to NASCAR.

If the old KOMA deal goes Tango Uniform obviously the mix will change.

Too many "tours", not enough cars. Something will give....

Racer1_NC
03-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Looks like the updated list has both Myers brothers listed now along with Bobby Measamer Jr.

John Smith
Mt. Airy, NC
TBA
Darren Shaw
Salisbury, NC
Fast Phil's Fabrications
Kevin Orlando
Statesville, NC
Gershow Recycling
Charles Pasteryak
Lisbon, CT
Dawley's Collision and Custom
Chris Pasteryak
Lisbon, CT
Mike Williams Construction
Derek Ramstrom
Worcester, MA
Matthews Truck Service
Edward LeClerc
Taunton, MA
Fabworks Steal Fabricators
Zack Brewer
Winston Salem, NC
Scott Custom Cabinets
Mike Leaty
Williamson, NY
HJ Motorsports
Jonathan McKennedy
Chelmsford, MA
EXIT Realty
Ryan Russo
West Creek, NJ
TBA
Brandon Ward
Winston Salem, NC
Kevin Powell Motorsports
Matt Hirschman
Northamption, PA
B.C. Brennenstuhl
Renee Dupuis
Brick, NJ
Ed Bennett Properties
Gary Putnam
Concord, NC
Curb Records
Chase Hunt
Lexington, NC
Jerry Hunt Superstore
Mike Norman
Lewisville, NC
Speedway Auto Auction
Cale Gale
Mocksville, NC
Rheem
Brian Loftin
Lexington, NC
L & R Transmission
Bobby Measamer Jr
Concord, NC
Lead 2 Lead Real Estate
Burt Myers
Walnut Cove, NC
Citrusafe BBQ Grill Cleaner
Jason Myers
Walnut Cove, NC
Myers Automotive

NC Mudcat
03-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Perhaps the worst modified race I have ever seen. Someone help me: was it the series rules, or tire choice, or track condition that made all the drivers decide to run half-throttle? Hirschman started first and was fifteenth in about 10 laps. It truly looked like an exhibition race where drivers take turns leading. In the 5th lap of the race the leader's lap time was over 2 seconds off the qualifying speed. If this series will produce this type of racing, I have seen my first and last.

And I guess they never expected it to go green for almost 90 laps. In their defense, the only good racing of the night was after they changed tires and restarted with 30 laps to go, but it only lasted a few laps before the rain hit. They need to just run 50 laps and see the drivers run hard the whole way.

Racer1_NC
03-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Perhaps the worst modified race I have ever seen. Someone help me: was it the series rules, or tire choice, or track condition that made all the drivers decide to run half-throttle? Hirschman started first and was fifteenth in about 10 laps. It truly looked like an exhibition race where drivers take turns leading. In the 5th lap of the race the leader's lap time was over 2 seconds off the qualifying speed. If this series will produce this type of racing, I have seen my first and last.

And I guess they never expected it to go green for almost 90 laps. In their defense, the only good racing of the night was after they changed tires and restarted with 30 laps to go, but it only lasted a few laps before the rain hit. They need to just run 50 laps and see the drivers run hard the whole way.

If I recall correctly that same thing happened at Hickory during the first KOMA race a couple years ago, To myself and the people around me it was very obvious what was happening but to read some comments on my wife's Facebook feed you'd think we had just witnessed the best thing since sliced bread. This crap was one reason I didn't go back. A race to the rear isn't my thing either. I've seen the same mess to a lesser degree at a couple NWSMT events as well. Saving tires.....

At least we can be sure who actually won the race......:D

Racer1_NC
04-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Another website actually had a article speaking to "tire management" and short track racing this week....undoubtedly brought about by this race. Rather see 50 laps wide open than what I saw Saturday.

MOD11RACER
04-07-2016, 11:00 AM
It's sad to say that this type of racing is common place in a lot of Modified racing today. I get tired of hearing about tire Management and Strategy. Modifieds were not meant to run like this. They are wide open racing machines.
Make the races shorter especially if they cannot change tires and cautions do not count. The MRS at LEE is also a terrible race. Everybody riding around to get to the last 20 laps. Really bad for the sport.

To much control by the promoters with all of the silly rules.

Go back to the basics any safe 2,400 lb race car, any tire, any carb, any engine and no gear rule.

Then let them race. That's a Modified.

Racer1_NC
04-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Well...no tire saving at SoBo yesterday.....no cars either. 12 signed in, 11 started 1 being a start and park.

NASCAR seems to fiddle while Rome burns. I predict any mod tour in the south will be all PASS next year. Track dryers for Super Late Models....how far we fall when no one cares.

fastbackss
04-10-2016, 05:40 PM
But...6 cars finished!

NASCAR would be wise not to schedule both tours on same weekend

Racer1_NC
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
NASCAR needs to fully promote and fund the both tours......if they did that there wouldn't be so many other "tours" out there.