PDA

View Full Version : SMRT Race Cancellation

fastbackss
05-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Canceling a Friday race on Tuesday due to weather forecast...hmm...

Racer1_NC
05-22-2016, 09:52 PM
Canceling a Friday race on Tuesday due to weather forecast...hmm...

Yeah.....Hmmmmm

NC Mudcat
05-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Wait, there was supposed to be a race???

fastbackss
06-01-2016, 07:01 PM
This week they were inconsiderate...waited until Wednesday!

NC Mudcat
06-19-2016, 07:31 AM
I imagine PASS wishes they had cancelled Friday night's mod race. Only 8 cars racing for $3000 to win. That tour probably won't last much longer.

fastbackss
06-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Did they shorten the race? I saw it was advertised for 125 laps. I also saw they "aren't keeping track of points for the first year."

Racer1_NC
06-19-2016, 08:09 PM
I imagine PASS wishes they had cancelled Friday night's mod race. Only 8 cars racing for $3000 to win. That tour probably won't last much longer.

I'm beginning to wonder if any southern modified tour will be around next year. Divide and die.....

fastbackss
06-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Let’s look at this so far, shall we?

NSWMT:

3/12 – 16
4/2 – 17
4/9 – 12
4/14 – 14

Average: 14.8

SMRT:

4/24 – 10

PASS:

5/27 – 17
6/17 – 9

Average: 13

Bowman Gray

5/7 - 24
5/14 - 17
5/28 – 20
6/11 - 20
6/18 – 21

Average – 20.4

(need to update)

Bowman Gray 6/11 was 20 (RGee)

Racer1_NC
06-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Referencing the tour numbers....if one were to combine all the "touring" cars in to one series you'd have a full field. I try to hit all the NWSMT races and have for years but even for a die hard like me it's hard to make a case for making a run out of town for 12 cars.

SMRT calls off races a week in advance......the once promising PASS tour is giving the mods about the same exposure as a nun's underwear.....and NASCAR won't pay enough to make up for all the tour "requirements". In other words.....it appears that no southern tour is "healthy". The answer? I don't know. I do know it's easier to sell 26 cars as a touring series to a fan base.

NC Mudcat
06-22-2016, 08:16 AM
The PASS mod race at Hickory in March (Easter Bunny race) had 24 cars, so that should mess up the averages a little bit. However, that race drew half the cars from up north, so it was not a realistic number. I don't know the right answer, but think it is apparent most southern mods only want to, or only can, run at the stadium, and unfortunately, that is where the tours end. Many have tried to have a successful tour, but it has not happened. I am sure others will try, but it does not look like a good idea based on past experiences.

Racer1_NC
06-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Trouble is...they used to want to run other places than BGS....and they did for a while. Purses went down as time went by and it no longer made sense to travel. Now....many on the NWSMT don't run BGS....and many BGS regs won't run anywhere else. NASCAR requirements add to the increasing tour costs. It's hard to see what PASS is trying to do with the mods because one hardly ever hears anything about any of the races...before...during...or after.

I really think more money is the answer for the NASCAR deal......and they need to keep in mind these aren't Cup teams with bottomless pockets.

NC Mudcat
06-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Just heard Burt say he was not going to the Smart race at Hickory or any other Smart races until his issues with them are resolved. He has not been paid for the Franklin County race in April. That doesn't look good for them. He said they are going to the PASS race at Wake County instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElzQmxWAn8&feature=youtu.be

Racer1_NC
06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
He has not been paid for the Franklin County race in April. That doesn't look good for them.
Understatement of the day. If they aren't paying the purse they are done....or should be.

I'm giving PASS one more shot....I will hit the Wake County race if for no other reason than I've been wanting to see that track.

Racer1_NC
07-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Looks like a good old fashioned pissing contest is about to unfold. SMRT and PASS are going head to head on Saturday. Who goes where and who doesn't go at all? No event save for BGS has full fields and now we split those willing to travel even farther.

NWSMT at Caraway had 12 cars.

What a mess.

Racer1_NC
07-03-2016, 01:36 AM
PASS at Wake County.....8 cars.....20 bucks.

It's gonna have to get better than that before I learn to like it.

Racer1_NC
07-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Looks like SMRT had 11 cars at Hickory.

I've learned my lesson.....no entry list and/or race day car count on the internet? I stay home.

NC Mudcat
07-03-2016, 07:50 PM
What a mess.

And you returned the favor on the understatement. :-)

Sad thing is, no one seems to care. Just us 3 bouncing notes back and forth, and we 3 are disgusted with it. I guess I'll go to the stadium for the tour race, but otherwise, I won't see my favorite cars anymore this year, and that is too bad.

1987gnx
07-04-2016, 09:03 PM
And you returned the favor on the understatement. :-)

Sad thing is, no one seems to care. Just us 3 bouncing notes back and forth, and we 3 are disgusted with it. I guess I'll go to the stadium for the tour race, but otherwise, I won't see my favorite cars anymore this year, and that is too bad.

Haven't been on here in a while. I've lost interest in the mods, been the the Stadium once and no tour races or the PASS. Much like you guys I was excited to watch, read and talk anything modified, not so anymore. Miss the names of LW Miller and Brian Loftin. Wish I had the answer to the low car count for all the series. I guess time will tell where they'll end up. I would love to see numbers like they used to have for the North-South shootout, now they can run that without the last chance race. Show up and your in.

NC Mudcat
07-12-2016, 07:47 AM
I was really bored Saturday and went to BGS, what a sleeper. Car count is down there as well. 18 started the feature, and 2 of those were Myers brothers back-up cars in start and park roles.

Racer1_NC
07-15-2016, 01:36 PM
I was giving the "new " series the benefit of the doubt. Knowing NASCAR isn't the know all end all in auto racing I was hopeful that some competition might make them step up to the plate and throw a little more support behind the NWMT and NWSMT. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I go to BGS because it's a short drive and there is something to be said for the history. Hitting most of the NWSMT races and if I'm lucky, a couple NWMT shows a year, is my
"hobby" so to speak. I've always felt that if there was a modified race close by it was where I needed to be. Almost 40 years worth of races....countless hours and dollars
spent and until this year I've felt it was time well spent. That's slowly changing. That Wake county PASS race with 8 cars really bugged me. Made a comment on Twitter about 8 cars and they now have blocked my account. That tells me the lack of entry lists for their races are not oversites....it's flat out deception. The modified teams and fans deserve better than they are getting from all 3 series down here and if it doesn't change soon I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands. I suspect I'm not alone in that fact.