PDA

View Full Version : 06/22/16 - Danny Bohn to race Brannick’s no. 51 modified in Garden State Classic

RGeeProductions
06-22-2016, 10:02 PM
DANNY BOHN TO RACE BRANNICK’S NO. 51 MODIFIED IN WALL STADIUM’S “GARDEN STATE CLASSIC” SATURDAY (JUNE 25)

Young veteran Modified stock car driver Danny Bohn will be returning to his family’s roots at Wall Stadium Speedway once again this Saturday (June 25) as he will drive for Scott Brannick in the North American Construction No. 51 in the 55th running of the “Garden State Classic.” The prestigious 125-lap race offers $5,000 to the winner.

Bohn, the 2014 driving champion at the Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C. and four-time Bowman Gray Modified winner in 2015, is no stranger to Wall Stadium’s third mile high banked oval. In fact, his grandfather Parker Bohn and father Eddie Bohn were both driving champions and multi-time feature winners at the track. Danny Bohn, who was raised in New Jersey just miles from Wall Stadium, now lives in Mooresville, N.C.

“My grandfather was a legend at the speedway and my father was also very successful there,” Bohn said. “With all the success that both had at Wall Stadium neither was able to get a win in the Garden State Classic. I want to win this race for my grandfather, my father, Scott Brannick and the team.”

“I’m real happy to be racing for Scott. I raced for him twice at the end of last year and we had a real good time. Scott has a reputation for owning beautiful and very fast equipment. Winning is his goal. He has put together a great team for the Garden State Classic. What more could a driver ask from a car-owner.”

North American Construction in Brick, N.J., Blewett Equipment and Contracting in Howell, N.J., Brice’s NAPA Auto Supply in Freehold, N.J. and JT Motorsports in Howell, N.J will sponsor Bohn’s No. 51 Modified. Bilstein shock absorbers has also joined the team as an associate sponsor for the race. North American Construction Racing will also enter a team car in the race with veteran Ken Woolley, Jr. of Howell at the controls.

“When this opportunity came up for Danny to drive in the Classic I knew it was good for everyone involved,” team owner Brannick said. “Since Rob Ormsbee is available he has come on for this race as our crew chief and Tom Martino Race Engines is our motor sponsor for the weekend. I’m excited to get to the track and to see how we do in the Garden State Classic. We can’t wait for this Saturday.”

Jeff Gravatt