PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead a question

JWfor8x
06-27-2016, 11:23 AM
At the Riverhead race Saturday I was watching the flag stand a lot. I noticed something that I had not seem before so I wonder if I saw it wrong or if maybe they are doing something different now. Early in the race on the first long green run, Preece was leading and coming up on traffic to lap them and put them down a lap/ The traffic was racing for position side by side and yet I never saw the move over flag displayed Preece had to go low om several occasions to make lapping passes. Yet, the flag was then displayed to the lapped cars when other leaders were approaching them. I found that odd but I guess I might be mistaken too If I was correct, has there been a change in procedure that I am not aware of?

JWfor8x
07-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Great, no answer to a question in a week, thanks everyone

RGeeProductions
07-01-2016, 10:51 PM
I was watching from Turn 1 and actually followed the lapped cars as the leaders approached quite a few times and didn't see that happen.

JWfor8x
07-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I was watching from Turn 1 and actually followed the lapped cars as the leaders approached quite a few times and didn't see that happen.

I was watching from the front a few rows under Captain Video's booth and early in the race was watching the flag stand closely I noticed that Preece had to make a few passes low and also that after the leaders passed the stand then the flag would be displayed, not as they approached . I was watching them closely because I was wonderring if they were going to black flag Jeff Goodale,who was obviously having issues and couldn't hold his car down going into the turns. I don't think he was causing a dangerous condition but that's when I really noticed the lack of a blue striped flag being displayed when the leaders passed. I did notice it being shown after the leaders passed though and it is possible that it was displayed and I didn't see it, but I don't think so. I was really just wondering if the race procedure had been changed
Thank you for responding

RGeeProductions
07-03-2016, 03:23 PM
I did notice the inside passes too and checked flagman and every time I looked they were using it.
Definitely noticed drivers not obeying them though...