PDA

View Full Version : 07/04/16 - Lee USA Speedway 7/1/16 Race Report

RGeeProductions
07-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Veteran racer Moe Lattime of Kingston went flag-to-flag on Friday night in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Supermodified feature at Lee USA Speedway, outrunning the field to score his first main event win of the 2016 campaign aboard the Dick Osborne entry.

Lattime had set the tone earlier in the night with an impressive win in his qualifying heat, and he kept the pressure on in the main, outrunning several 2016 feature winners to make his first trip to victory lane this season, making it five winners in six races since opening night in the EKeys4cars-sponsored 30-lapper.

Another longtime veteran, Jim Lowrey, Jr. of Tilton scored his best finish of the 2016 campaign in the runner-up slot, bringing the Witkum Brothers Racing entry home with its best result of the season. Second-generation racer and Rookie of the Year contender “Hollywood” Dave Helliwell rounded out the podium after a strong third place run.

The only repeat winner this year, two-time victor Lance Barthelemy of Fremont came home fourth, with Rochester’s Mike Spurling, Leslie Keyser of Northfield, Raymond’s Mike Keddy, Jim Barker of Meredith, and 2015 Oktoberfest winner Mike Murphy of Groveland, MA next across the stripe.

Jimmy Russell of Exeter finally shook the monkey off his back and found the way to victory lane in the

R&R Public Wholesalers Late Model Sportsman feature, moving past early leader Jesse Bousquet of Pittsfield on lap six to take command of the race, and holding off a late-race challenge from 2016 feature winners George Helliwell of Pelham and Nate Leavitt of Buxton, ME to collect the checkers.

Russell led them across the stripe, with points leader Leavitt up at the checkers to grab second. Helliwell was third, followed by Rookie of the Year contender Kris Miller of Bedford, Bousquet, Ray Dinsmore of Waterboro, ME, Mike Mitchell of Dracut, MA, “Big Steve” Paquette of Hampton Falls, Trevor Randlett of Holderness, and David “Doc” Piper of Goffstown.

The David’s Race Cars and Components Hobby Stock main went green with Jay Avery of Berwick, ME on the point, but a lap two restart set up Fremont’s Dylan Bilodeau for an outside run to the front that vaulted him to the lead and eventually ended in his second feature win of the 2016 season.

Once he got to the point, Bilodeau was off and running, setting the pace the rest of the way to collect his second checkered flag of the 2016 campaign. Boe Green of Berwick, ME was next to break out of the pack, but Bilodeau was already a straightaway ahead and well on his way to victory.

At the finish, Bilodeau was first across the stripe for win number two, with Green several car lengths behind in the runner-up slot. Jim Piaseczny of Epsom closed out the podium in third, followed by Zac Fraser of Nottingham, Avery, Jake Michaud of Lebanon, ME, Paul Palen of Pelham, Newmarket’s Eric Hoffman, and Patrick Tanguay of Berwick, ME.

The Tri-City Line-X Ironman feature event was action-packed from start to finish, with rookie Jamie Holland of Somersworth knocking off career win number one after a flag-to-flag run that saw him outdistance the field to take his first-ever checkered flag.

Hometown racer and current points leader Ryan Pitkin, a three-time winner this season was second at the finish, with Rochester’s Mike Farrington and Zach Washburn next across the stripe. Fifth went to 2015 champ Troy Washburn of Farmington, followed by Ryan Washburn of Dover, and Rookie of the Year contender Kaycie Kustra of Lee.

The Pure Stock feature event fell victim to the rains that were threatening all night, but after the quick shower that caused their feature to be postponed to next week, the annual Independence Day fireworks display closed out the night in spectacular fashion.

Next up at Lee USA is the annual Supermodified Special, along with the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Model Sportsman, Hobby Stocks, Ironman, and double features for the Pure Stocks. For more information, log on to our website at www.leeusaspeedway.com, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or call the speedway office at 978-462-4252.

Lee USA Speedway