PDA

View Full Version : 07/31/16 - Lee USA Speedway 7/29/16 Race Report

RGeeProductions
08-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Bryan Kruczek of Newmarket absolutely dominated the three-segment Seacoast Wholesale-sponsored special event for the R & R Public Wholesalers Late Model Sportsmen, claiming the wins in all three races to easily top the field.

The night’s action was split into a pair of 25-lap features using regular handicapping, and a final 10-lap segment with the starting order determined based on best combined finish in the twin 25’s. Kruczek started pole in that one, and despite a late-race challenge that saw Jimmy Russell move past for a split second, Kruczek held on to complete the perfect night.

Just a week after making his 2016 debut in impressive style with a 30-lap feature win aboard the Brian House-owned, A Family Cab-sponsored machine, Kruczek and team are now a perfect four-for-four on the season.

It wasn’t as easy as it sounds, since handicapping put Kruczek deep in the field for the first two segments, and he only led five circuits of the first 25, and just two in the second 25-lap segment on his way to the sweep. A pole position start in the final ten lap dash lead to a flag-to-flag run to the win.

Exeter’s Jimmy Russell had a strong night by most accounts, but he came up first loser in all three segments of the race. Frankie Eldredge took third in the first 25-lapper, while Pelham’s George Helliwell checkered third in the other two segments.

Noticeably missing from the results sheet was points leader Nate Leavitt of Buxton, ME, who got caught up in a first-lap scramble in the initial 25-lap segment that sent him hard into the turn one wall and eliminated him from contention for the night.

The first 25-lapper finished with Kruczek, Russell, Eldredge, Ray Dinsmore of Waterboro, ME, Helliwell, Connor McDougal, Pittsfield’s Jesse Bousquet, Steve Paquette of North Hampton, Bob Melvin of Groton, MA, and Trevor Randlett of Holderness filling the top ten spots.

Kruczek led Russell, Helliwell, Melvin, and Dinsmore in the second 25-lapper, while the finish in the final ten lap dash showed the exact same top five.

In the other weekly NASCAR Whelen All American Series feature events, Kyle Sawyer of Raymond made his second 2016 visit to the EKeys4cars winner’s circle, the first time he’s been a repeat winner in his three-year stint aboard the family-owned Supermodified.

Sawyer was the class of the field from the drop of the green flag, leading every lap on the way to victory lane. The Supers put their 30-lap feature in the record books in a little over seven minutes, with Sawyer easily taking the win with a 2.941 second margin of victory.

Kingston’s Moe Lattime was the best of the rest in the Dick Osborne machine, with rookie “Hollywood” Dave Helliwell of Pelham, Leslie Keyser of Northfield, Jim Lowrey of Tilton, Rochester’s Mike Spurling, Mike Keddy of Raymond, Jason Phillips, Meredith’s Jim Barker, and Lance Barthelemy of Fremont rounding out the top ten.

The David’s Race Cars and Components Hobby Stocks saw another first time 2016 winner grab take the spotlight, as Epsom’s Jim Piaseczny returned to his winning ways with an impressive run that netted him his first checkered flag of the campaign.

Like the Supers, the Hobby Stocks ran caution-free from flag-to-flag, putting their feature into the record books in the relatively short order. Piaseczny went on to post the win with a comfortable 4.648 second margin of victory, with Dylan Bilodeau coming home with runner-up honors.

Third spot went to Paul Palen of Pelham, followed by the father/son duo of Boe and Ryan Green of Berwick, ME. Sixth was second-generation racer Zac Fraser of Nottingham, followed by Jake Michaud of Lebanon, ME, Jay Avery of Berwick, ME, Eric Hoffman of Newmarket, and Tyler Munroe of N. Andover, MA.

Seabrook’s Adam Knowles finally shook the bad luck monkey off his back and put in an impressive drive to collect his first Tri-City Line-X Ironman win of the season, holding off a late-race challenge from points leader Ryan Pitkin of Lee and two-time 2016 winner James Witkum of Methuen, MA to collect the checkers.

Epping’s John Boomhower grabbed his third win of the season in the MLM Diagnostics Pure Stock main event, with Tyler Mailhot of Epping and Danielle Evans of Berwick, ME rounding out the podium.

Next up at Lee USA is the annual “Ollie Silva Memorial” classic for the International Supermodified Association (ISMA) Supermodifieds on Friday, August 5th, one of the most highly-anticipated shows of the year. The NASCAR WAAS weekly divisions will also be in action as part of the program.

Lee USA Speedway