PDA

View Full Version : 08/05/16 - Brown Wins Rain-Shortened Battle at Bowman Gray

RGeeProductions
08-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Friday night started off on a near-catastrophic note for Tim Brown of Tobaccoville. A little while later, he was claiming the checkered flag.
Brown pulled out on the track in pre-race qualifying sessions but didn’t complete a single lap. Mechanical issues required him to be towed back to the pits. “I think we showed tonight how strong of a team we have for the car to
break really important suspension parts when I leave to go qualify,” said Brown.
Rookie Scott Gordon of Lewisville started on the pole after the field randomly drew for position. Burt Myers of Walnut Cove started in second. As the green flag dropped, Gordon couldn’t get up to speed quick enough, allowing
third-place-starter Jeremy Gerstner of Wesley Chapel, FL to dash into the lead. Gerstner was, however, passed by Burt Myers within 10 laps.
Myers defended the lead against a few double-file restart challenges, until Tim Brown pulled up beside him. Brown had made his way up from 10th and grabbed the lead from Myers on lap 72. Four laps later, the rain clouds
opened up and the checkered flag waved.
“I held him down, and he hit the dirt and spun a little bit,” said Brown about passing Myers. “Tonight, it was my night.”
“I really thought that this was our race to lose, and unfortunately we lost it,” said Burt Myers. “There was a little bit of dirt on the bottom of both ends, and I happened to get in it.”
“I take responsibility for it. We’ll come back tomorrow night and bring a car over here that’s got 65 wins on it and 6 championships - and see if we can’t win,” said Myers. “We’re not going to sit at home tomorrow night like some
guys, and we’ll be back tomorrow night. Maybe if I can win, I’ll get it off my mind.”
Myers and over a dozen other Modified drivers will be trying their hand Saturday night in the Strutmasters.com 199 for the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour. The Yates Grading & Paving Sportsman Series battles in a 100-
lapper, with racing scheduled for the Q104.1 New Country Street Stock Series and the Classic Modifieds. Admission for this special event is just twelve dollars.
The gates open at 6:00, and the first race begins at 8:00 PM tonight. Ticket prices, directions, and more information can be found online at www.bowmangrayracing.com or by calling (336) 723-1819.

Race Results

Brad’s Golf Cars Modified Series
Racing Electronics 100: 76 laps completed (race ended early due to inclement weather)

FINISH CAR DRIVER HOMETOWN
1 83 Tim Brown Tobaccoville, NC
2 1 Burt Myers Walnut Cove, NC
3 04 Brandon Ward Winston-Salem, NC
4 50 Michael Clifton Walkertown, NC
5 66 Ronnie Clifton Walkertown, NC
6 4 Jason Myers Walnut Cove, NC
7 53 John Smith Mount Airy, NC
8 76 Scott Gordon Lewisville, NC
9 5 Randy Butner Pfafftown, NC
10 75 Lee Jeffreys Winston-Salem, NC
11 18 Daniel Yates Lexington, NC