PDA

View Full Version : 08/22/16 - Danny Bohn to race Brannick’s no. 51 modified at Wall

RGeeProductions
08-22-2016, 08:02 PM
DANNY BOHN TO RACE BRANNICK’S NO. 51 MODIFIED IN WALL STADIUM’S WOODY’S HIGH BANKS 105, SPOOKY SPECTACULAR AND TURKEY DERBY

Young veteran Modified stock car driver Danny Bohn will be returning to Wall Stadium Speedway once again this Saturday (Aug. 27)) as he will drive for Scott Brannick in the North American Construction No. 51 in the “Woody’s High Banks 105” which offers $5,105 to the winner. Bohn and the No. 51 will then return to the third mile high-banked paved oval on October 15 for the “Spooky Spectacular” and on Thanksgiving weekend for the annual “Turkey Derby.”

Bohn will be at the wheel of Brannick’s Troyer chassis No. 51 which is powered by a Tom Martino Race Engine, the same car that veteran Kenny Woolley, Jr. has raced this season on numerous occasions. After many disappointing outings changes were made. Rob Ormsbee will return as the team’s crew chief Saturday.

“I’ve been around the track since I was a kid with my father and grandfather so it is always fun to come back home,” Bohn said. “Scott is known for having the best equipment available. It is always well maintained and very fast.

“We have always been fast in the No. 51 we just haven’t had any luck. Hopefully we’ll have good luck this weekend.”

Bohn, the 2014 driving Bowman Gray Stadium champion and four-time Bowman Gray Modified winner last season, is no stranger to Wall Stadium’s oval. In fact, his grandfather Parker Bohn and father Eddie Bohn were both driving champions and multi-time feature winners at the track. Danny Bohn, who was raised in New Jersey just miles from Wall Stadium, now lives in Mooresville, N.C.

North American Construction in Brick, N.J., Blewett Equipment and Contracting in Howell, N.J., Brice’s NAPA Auto Supply in Freehold, N.J. and JT Motorsports in Howell, N.J will sponsor Bohn’s No. 51 Modified. Bilstein shock absorbers has also joined the team as an associate sponsor for the races.

Jeff Gravatt