PDA

View Full Version : 10/03/16 - Modified Drivers Excited About Return to “The Bullring” (WCIS)

RGeeProductions
10-03-2016, 11:37 PM
$10,000 payday Awaits Winner of American 100

The American 100 for the “Mighty Modifieds” is set for Sunday October 9th at the historic 1/3rd mile Bullring at Wyoming County International Speedway (WCIS). The American 100 is part of the annual Shootout at the Bullring Weekend. Modified racers throughout the region and the Northeast will converge on the Bullring for the second running of the American 100. Last year’s inaugural event saw Bath, Pennsylvania driver Zane Zeiner pick up the $10,000 payday, holding off perennial favorite Matt Hirschman and Tony Hanbury.

2016 Labor Day American 75 Winner Chuck Hossfeld from Ransomville, NY

“The American Racers held up really well in the 75 lap race” Hossfeld said. “I ran the car hard from the drop of the green flag, raced with a lot of different drivers and still was able to keep the lead at the end and get the win” Hossfeld added. Hossfeld would like to thank his sponsors A Superior Concrete, Jerry Gradl Motors and his team for his success this year. “My team is the best out there and I can’t do it without them and my sponsors” Hossfeld said. “The Hotshoe’s” victory on Labor Day weekend came with a $5,000 payday plus a guaranteed starting spot in the American 100. Patrick Emerling, Zane Zeiner, Earl Paules and Mike Leaty completed the top five that afternoon.

Patrick Emerling has had a memorable 2016 season. Emerling has accumulated 14 victories so far between the Modified and his Sportsman Modified (SST/Pro Modified). “We’re definitely looking to win the event this year” stated Emerling, of Orchard Park, NY. “We were very close to the win back on Labor Day weekend and I believe a couple more laps, we would have got it done” Emerling continued. “We just need a decent car with a good strategy and we will be there at the end and keeping our nose clean will be important” Emerling said. Emerling’s efforts are backed by Buffalo Auto Auction and support from Leaty Autosport. Emerling’s crew includes Father Roy, Crew Chief Jan Leaty along with fellow racers Mike Leaty, Eddie Hawkins and Ed Galley. Patrick also wanted to thank Mikayla for everything she has done along with his family and friends for their support.

Northampton, Pennsylvania’s Matt Hirschman, is looking forward to returning to the Bullring after a second place run in last October’s American 100. “I have always really liked racing at the Bullring and usually found myself near the front in past races there” stated Hirschman. “But I will admit after about five or six years away, it took some time last year to get acclimated with the track again. I probably didn’t find the groove until sometime during the 100 lap feature.” Hirschman continued. Hirschman said that new American Racer tire can be ran hard from start to finish. “Being 100 laps, a tire change during the race can still be beneficial. It depends on the timing of cautions and how many determine if pitting a good idea and its more fun when you have strategy involved” Hirschman stated. “Racing in Western NY is a five to six hour tow one direction so it is tough to get help that can travel that far and luckily for me I have a few crew members that live in NY and can meet us at the track” Hirschman explained. “WCIS is one of my top five all-time favorite race tracks so I am looking forward to returning there this year” said Hirschman.

Past SST Series Champion “The Piranha” TJ Potrzebowski from Elmira says to survive a 100 lap feature at the Bullring, “you basically have to stay out of trouble for the first 80 laps save as much as you can with the tires so you can race hard in the last 20 laps!” “We were just a little bit off in the 75 lap race on Labor Day, but I feel that we got a lot of good data and are confident that we will be at our best for the American 100 during the Shootout” Potrzebowski added. TJ Potrzebowski is looking forward to his return to the Bullring by adding “I love racing at the Bullring!” Potrzebowski is behind the wheel of the EGM Energy Services, Schaeffer’s Specialized Lubricants, Jubilee Foods T-A-2 Troyer. “The Piranha” would like to thank wife Robin for all her love and support. “We’be been doing this as long as we have been together, seven championships and countless feature wins over the years, its been a ride to remember.” “I have to thank the diehard modified racing fans; without them, we wouldn’t have any series. There is nothing like the ground pounding tour-type modifieds.”

Racing at the Bullring will start at 1:00pm both Saturday and Sunday October 8th and 9th. Pit gates open at 8:00am and grandstand gates will swing open at 10:00am both days. The weekend will kick off with a paid practice session on Friday October 7th from 4:30pm till dusk.

The Shootout at the Bullring is a two-day event including the American Modified 100, SST Modified 100, New York Super Stock Series Sandra Vogler Memorial 51, Super Stock 50, 4 Cylinders, Legends and the Vintage Late Models. For more information, please log on to www.thebullringwcis.com and follow on Facebook by searching Wyoming County International Speedway and use the #ShootoutAtTheBullring.

Steven Petty