PDA

View Full Version : Car Counts

fastbackss
10-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Now that the season is wrapping up...time to revisit...

NWSMT:

11 races
26 drivers started at least one race (tough to know because the standings have duplicates)

8 drivers started all 11
1 driver started 9
2 drivers started 8
1 driver started 7
2 drivers started 6
3 drivers started 4
4 drivers started 2
5 drivers started 1

If I exclude the Bristol race, there were 10 races held
High car count: 17 (twice)
Low car count: 11 (once)
Average car count: 14.3
Standard deviation: 2.4

NC Mudcat
10-13-2016, 07:58 AM
It's official, the NASCAR southern tour is done.

http://speed51.com/reaction-driverstracks-react-to-nascar-modified-one-tour-concept/

Combined tour will not be in the cards for Southern drivers, but a couple combined races here will be exciting to see. Now, let's get one on the schedule at Martinsville, under the lights!!!

rim runner
12-01-2016, 08:46 AM
It's official, the NASCAR southern tour is done.

http://speed51.com/reaction-driverstracks-react-to-nascar-modified-one-tour-concept/

Combined tour will not be in the cards for Southern drivers, but a couple combined races here will be exciting to see. Now, let's get one on the schedule at Martinsville, under the lights!!!

Hearing Martinsville probably isn't in the cards. It might be a chore to find two tracks in the south to book dates. Would you be as excited to see the tour if they raced on the Legends track at Charlotte?

NC Mudcat
12-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Hearing Martinsville probably isn't in the cards. It might be a chore to find two tracks in the south to book dates. Would you be as excited to see the tour if they raced on the Legends track at Charlotte?

No sir, not interested in that at all. For me, the tracks that take a tour race need to be real tracks (not a legends track inside Charlotte, or Bowman Gray Stadium), probably the ones that hosted Busch races years ago, so they have the stands. That includes Hickory, SoBo, Orange County or Langley as the best choices for me. Martinsville is a dream, but would still be the best place to have one.