PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR One Tour concept

cornellsgt12
10-12-2016, 07:06 PM
The news of the NASCAR One Tour concept is very interesting. I guess the proof will be in the details, when they are released. What is known now is that there will be only one tour, with the majority of the races in the Northeast. According to the promoter of Caraway Speedway there will also be an increase in the purse structure for the tour races.

http://speed51.com/reaction-driverstracks-react-to-nascar-modified-one-tour-concept/

http://racedayct.com/2016/10/come-together-whelen-modified-tour-and-whelen-southern-mod-tour-to-merge-for-2017/

Racer1_NC
10-13-2016, 01:01 AM
Perhaps I read Hackett''s comments incorrectly but I think he was speaking of the difference between a 2016 NWSMT purse vs. what it would take to get a 2017 NWMT race. I don't see Caraway running a Nascar tour race at all given they are the force behind the PASS tour.

I could be wrong.....and I hope I am.... but all I see in today's announcement is Nascar diplomatically dropping the southern tour due to low car counts. It's possible there could be a NWMT race down south but I'll bet it would be more like a Bristol race.....I can't see any Saturday night track paying what it would take to bring the tour in. Particularly when PASS can come in with their show for less.

Nascar let the southern tour die on the vine. Stagnant purses and increased costs slowly thinned the ranks. Make no mistake if they had brought the money in like they had promised there would still be a tour down south.

I'm disappointed. I feel like southern mods just took a big step backwards. Guess more trips to points north will be in order in 2017.

NC Mudcat
10-13-2016, 03:51 PM
100% in agreement with all said by Racer1_NC.

Pass tour will benefit from this, but unless they come up with a different tire, that won't be worth anything. Stadium regulars will remain Stadium regulars, and there will be no tour race there. 3 tours in the south this year (well, 2.5) helped doom it all, so it would be nice to see one good southern tour. My suggestion to mod guys in the South; build a super late model and let's get going. Plenty of races paying much better than southern tour races, and it is good racing, even though you can't see the tires.

And once again, let's see this new mod tour at Martinsville for a big show under the lights.

cornellsgt12
10-14-2016, 05:11 AM
Not sure if it's directly related to this new "vision", but Monadnock will not be having a NWMT race in 2017. What other tracks will follow ?