PDA

View Full Version : 2017

BigMac
10-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Rumors of a Beech Ridge date in 2017 are being floated about. Sounds like Monadnock's decision to dump their WMT date was so they could hitch their wagons to the MTS series with three dates for them at the Monadnock Speedway in 2017. Monadnock is dumping the VMRS as well apparently. My guess is that the VMRS may lose more dates.

JustWinBaby
10-31-2016, 05:32 PM
I will throw this out at you.

May is wide open except for Waterford Date.

Waterford already took the Monadnock WMT Summer Date. Waterford wants 2 dates for 2017.

The season starts in Florida.

First Race Friday February 17 @ New Smyrna

2nd Race Caraway March

3rd Race South Boston March

4th Race Thompson April

5th Race Stafford April

4 Races @ Thompson, 4 Races @ Stafford, 2 Races @ Loudon, 2 Races @ Riverhead Total 12 Races

2 @ South Boston (Spring & Fall) 2 Races. Total 14

1 Race at the following tracks New Smyrna, Bristol, Dominion (Summer), Seekonk, Oswego, Caraway (Spring) and Charlotte (I hope not) 7 Races. Total 21 Races.

At least 1 Race at Waterford Maybe 2. Total Point Races 22.

Plus 1 non-point Race @ Loudon

If Langley was still open I'm sure they would want at least 1 race.

I haven't heard anything on Beech Ridge.

20 to 22 Races for 2017

BigMac
11-01-2016, 12:04 PM
New Smyrna 2017 schedule is out and mods not on it. Dominion Speedway would be an interesting addition. I find it interesting MTS is announcing dates without knowing whether they will be up against WMT yet.

Racer1_NC
11-01-2016, 01:56 PM
I've been wrong before but as I have said...I just can't see Caraway paying the costs for a NASCAR tour race when they are promoting the PASS tour down here. I wouldn't if I were them.

BigMac
11-05-2016, 05:51 PM
The traditional Wednesday show at Bristol is back again in 2017. South Boston has a K&N race but no WMT events.

BigMac
11-24-2016, 02:32 PM
WMT @ Seekonk Aug 26th. Folks can do the Bristol -Seekonk back to back now. Thompson Aug 9th plus Icebreaker, WS and June race.

rim runner
11-28-2016, 12:08 AM
I've been wrong before but as I have said...I just can't see Caraway paying the costs for a NASCAR tour race when they are promoting the PASS tour down here. I wouldn't if I were them.

By most accounts Caraway will not be booking a NWMT race in 2017. Heard South Boston won't in the running either.

The PASS tour is dead, whether somebody picks up what is left of that series remains to be seen.

NASCAR has got a couple of problems:
1) Teams are leaving the series faster than new teams coming into the series
2) The teams that will carry this series (northern teams) have volunteer crews and that limits the travel they can do. There won't be any kind of BGNN to K&N East transformation here.

Given how few teams appear to be committed full time in 2017, I would be shocked if the schedule was any more than 15 or 16 races. There aren't enough teams to support more than that, and frankly there aren't enough tracks that want the series.

rim runner
11-28-2016, 12:10 AM
Rumors of a Beech Ridge date in 2017 are being floated about. Sounds like Monadnock's decision to dump their WMT date was so they could hitch their wagons to the MTS series with three dates for them at the Monadnock Speedway in 2017. Monadnock is dumping the VMRS as well apparently. My guess is that the VMRS may lose more dates.

I think the Monadnock deal is that Larry wants a cheaper alternative. If the modified teams are going to support a series that races for 3k to win, then shame on them.

Racer1_NC
11-29-2016, 01:30 AM
The PASS tour is dead, whether somebody picks up what is left of that series remains to be seen.

Source? I figure SMART is a none starter but was under the impression that PASS was moving forward.

rim runner
12-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Source? I figure SMART is a none starter but was under the impression that PASS was moving forward.

Area Auto Racing News.

NC Mudcat
12-05-2016, 09:14 AM
I have no source whatsoever, but can't imagine PASS would pull out. They now have an opportunity to be the only game in town. If they do pull out though, I imagine the Hacketts will run with it anyway. The South needs a tour, that is "a" tour. Just one!

fastbackss
12-06-2016, 06:15 PM
17 points races, only 2 of which are in south (not counting Bristol). Charlotte is on but not a points race
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt/story/2017-schedule-announced-unified-whelen-modified-tour_12062016

NC Mudcat
12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
17 points races, only 2 of which are in south (not counting Bristol). Charlotte is on but not a points race
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt/story/2017-schedule-announced-unified-whelen-modified-tour_12062016

I'll count Bristol as South, but pretty disappointed in the track choices for the south. I guess MB makes sense for that time of year, but I am not a fan of the track. It will be a tire conservation race, which I personally hate. And Charlotte is not a surprise, but if you are gonna put it on the schedule, either make it a points race, or pay a lot of money, or they ain't coming. JMO, but two of the worst tracks they could have chosen, but probably both for good reasons (spring at the beach, and Charlotte in front of the Monster folks). Hopefully the TBA turns out to be a good track. We'll see. All in all, no surprises.

Racer1_NC
12-08-2016, 12:43 AM
If I were guessing the tracks weren't chosen, they were the only two they could sell the idea to.

IMHO Myrtle Beach won't be a bad show. Looking forward to it. I'll only attend Bristol if there is no rain within 200 miles on race day. The TBA? Who knows what that will be.

NC Mudcat
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Rumor says Langley Speedway for May 13. If true, that is awesome!

BigMac
12-16-2016, 06:08 PM
I heard that today too. Langley would be awesome. Surprising but awesome.

fastbackss
12-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Might be a bit premature, according to this article.

http://speed51.com/revised-story-no-definite-date-for-langley-on-nascar-mod-tour/

BigMac
12-31-2016, 04:06 PM
So was Langley the May date that may not happen or is it another venue we don't know about?