PDA

View Full Version : How many races did you get to in 2016?

limodmaniac
12-07-2016, 11:07 AM
No longer the "Maniac" here... have many reasons as to why I have cut back... The days of going to 50+ races per year are done for me.

New Smyrna - 2
Hickory - 1
Mahoning - 1
Mountain - 3
Monadnock - 2
Seekonk - 3
Waterford - 2
Chemung - 1
Wall - 3
Concord - 1
Star - 1

scott
12-09-2016, 02:31 PM
none, nothing worth watching in Fla. no mods.

BigMac
12-10-2016, 08:27 AM
WOW LIM, looks like you have cut the WMT out of your life almost all together, Regardless, we'll always leave a seat for ya on the tour. Hopefully you can recharge your racing batteries in the future. We all scale back from time to time for whatever reason we need or want to scale back for.

Love the SBM 125. One of my favorite races all year.

Lugnuts
12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear the the LI Mod Maniac has cut back. can remember the days that you raised a lot of extra money for the mod guys. I must add that I don't think the merger of the Southern and Whelen Tours is going to pan out to be a good thing. 2 teams that already packed it in, Lia, Sypher team and Cahse Dowling along with Pitkat moving to the Goodale Team former driven by Jeff Goodale. The question is how many more will follow suit. Ryan is returning with the TS Haulers team. I guess time will tell. I don't think that many teams will be making a full commitment to run the entire schedule. The word i am hearing is that some teams from the south will running a different tour, including from what i hear the Meyers brothers. As for the original question I, one that usually made both RVH shows and a show or two off the island did not make any this year and only made a few nights to the regular saturday night show at RVh which continues to dwindle both in car counts and attendance as well. Eddie and Connie have done a nice job but unfortunately I think it may be a little too late. The economy and I'm sure many other reasons have added to this but its just sad when i can remember the day when you had to race your way into the show or go home. Also to add the day when there were multiple tracks on the island. Sad to say but short track racing is something i am proud to say I had the enjoyment of really enjoying as i grew up but i think the good days are a thing of the past. Jus like the original days of the North-South Shootout, I am happy I was able to enjoy it in its inception but that too is not what it once was.

Anyway, Hope all have a Happy Holiday and a Healthy and Happy New Year.