PDA

View Full Version : Nascar License

Fireitinthere
03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
I sent mine in some time ago and nothing yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Heard a rumor that Nascar was having some problems with getting them out to members because of a misprint in the rules. I guess almighty Nascar doesn't want to spend double postage sending the license by itself and rule book (that nobody reads) by itself.

CheckerWon
03-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I mailed mine in Jan., didn't receive it yet???

nitros77
03-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm saying the same thing, what the ----?

ChampTeamDesign
03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I recEIved mine a month ago..

Jeff T
03-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I haven't received mine yet, but I know that they didn't waste any time cashing my check! It's been almost a month since they did that!

Scotty Wolf
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you, and I think it is sinking, lol.

allhailunc
03-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Same here-check cashed but no license-mebbe Helton needed some burger money?

Jones44
03-30-2005, 05:52 AM
They cashed my check over a month ago, and no license yet, but I'm not going to worry. I honestly don't remember the last time I was asked to produce my license at the sign-in window, certainly it hasn't been in the last few years. For all they know I could just be writing some random numbers in the box for license #. :applause:

fastgal
03-30-2005, 08:42 AM
or perhaps they think you actually work on a car :eek: just kiddin :applause:

Jones44
03-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Been there, done that. Glad to be on the other side of the fence again. :D

99racing
03-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I mailed my application in to Nascar in Jan., and they cashed my check toO. And I haven't recEIved the license yet either.. but I called Nascar and they said that they were mailing them out on Monday the 21st.. and I still haven't recEIved it..

chealy7296
03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I have heard the same thing about licenses taking longer than usual this year. If you sent it in to Florida a long time ago and have not received it yet, make sure to call them before warm ups and have them at least fax you a receipt. By the way Jones, apparently you are someone I must know and trust, if I haven't asked you to produce your license at the sign-in window. However, due to your comment, I will have to insist that everyone produce a license or receipt at the window, regardless of who they are. We tried to be a little friendlier last year. I guess you can't trust everyone. It just takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch I guess. If anyone has any legitimate concerns or problems, you can e-mail me at ch7296@msn.com and I will be happy to answer your questions. See you all soon.

Christine

allhailunc
03-31-2005, 05:26 AM
Is it being a "rotten apple" pointing out the fact that, yes, while the fine folks at the window have trusted us for quite some time, there is a severe lack of security in checking for licenses? There are quite a few people "roaming" the pit area that really shouldn't be there (no licenses, underage, etc.) and this causes a comment by my son to be taken as "rotten apple"? Personally, I have no problem with producing my license (when and if I ever get the damn thing) to anyone who asks for it. Hey Jones, why don't you mention that there are only a few of us that go into the pit area for whatever the reason, that actually wear our pit passes where they can be visibly seen, and have been thanked by management & security alike. :mad:

Jones44
03-31-2005, 05:42 AM
It's not just you Christine, none of the folks who've been at the sign-in window in the last couple years have asked to see my license. I have no problem showing it every time I go to sign in, as long as those who don't have licenses are kept out (which has not been done very well lately).

Eyeinthesky
03-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Mine took nine weeks to get. So I called and they told me the rule book wasn't done yet, not a misprint as previously stated.There were many changes in the rules for the top divisions, Cup, Busch. etc..., that they took longer than expected. Plus the two hurricanes caused some grief for the printer as well. I am told the roof blew off the building and everything was destroyed.

My suggestion is to contact NASCAR and ask them to fax a receipt.

PS: Hey Imperial Blues, more tests planned, thanks for your concern.

chealy7296
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
I wasn't trying to be nasty about this, but I do get a little offended sometimes. Do you realize that there used to be 4 people doing the same job that 2 of us do now? We try our best. Most of those who are wandering the pits without a license are someone's guest, which we do need to crack down on heavily. I do have plans on doing just that this year, but it will take some time. And now that I have figured out who you are Jones, I apologize, I never ask you for your license because you and your dad are 2 of the very few (maybe the only 2) who display their license. Thank you.

allhailunc
03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
No need for an apology Chris- :wave:

DriveitinDeep
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Larry & Larry got a compliment, WOW

Jones44
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Weather forecast must be calling for snow storms in Hell, right DriveitinDeep? Occasionally someone does have something nice to say about us LOL. :lol: Last season, I came around 3:30-4:00 most saturdays and there was only the one window open, didn't realize you had less people at the window when the pits open than you used to. And the reason I usually have my license out when I get to the window (besides the fact that I can't remember the # ever since they stopped using Social Security numbers) is I figure I'll eventually get asked to show it.

Wingnut
03-31-2005, 04:18 PM
UPS just delivered a white box with my Nascar license and all the little goodies that come with your license. Be on the look out for yours. :wave:

Jones44
03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
that explains it all why the licenses aren't here yet.theu use UPS.when absolutelty,positively,guarranteed doesn't have to get there on time or in 1 piece give it to UPS better known as "U'r Package Smashed"(lol).as for that wise guy remark about a compliment keep it up and i'll send "Morty's" barber over to ya opening night for a shave&haircut :p( this is allhail speaking)

nitros77
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
I think you do a fine job at the sign in window, keep up the good work.

art11758
04-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Two things. First off NASCAR has to use UPS. It's the "official delivery service of NASCAR " like it says in the ads on TV. If it came in a DHL box, the marketing partnership would be kinda kaput. (remember the big picture, it's all about NASCAR and NASCAR = $ ((JMO)) )
I was always given the same courtesy regarding sign in as mentioned way back when at Islip. Wearing your license/credentials visibly is smart. When I was heavily involved with NHRA and IHRA it was policy, period. Guest passes could be done the same way provided it isn't a paperwork nightmare for two already overworked back gate people.

Jeff T
04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Mine showed up today.....finally!

DAN D.
04-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Sent mine out the day after I got it .. could it have been December? Oh well, nothin yet ...I do have a contact there I can call at the licensing dept. in Daytona.. oh well, all in the same boat .. :applause:

Drumz1959
04-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I think the ladies in the booth do a great job. lol, I remember in the old days trying to sneak in, my buddies would say walk up and sign in and look like YOu know what your doing, then I'd go up and Mrs O'Rourke would yell at me and send me on my way to the backstretch grandstands lol. Now that I have a card, I still look like I don't know what I'm doing up at the booth lol.

ken heagy modified 33 (http://kenheagy.com)