PDA

View Full Version : Local Papers?

Geno
03-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I was wondering, what are some of the local newspapers for the drivers at the speedway? I would like to send them results this season.

We do have the Standard Speaker, Press Enterprise, Scranton Times Tribune, Times Leader, Citizen's Voice, Morning Call & a few others.

If you would like to add your local paper, please post it, or email it to gjtost@verizon.net

Most papers do not run the press releases unless a driver from their area is mentioned.

Thanks!

richardpetey
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
You forgot the Mountain Mullet Wrapper........................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Lori/39x
03-30-2005, 12:28 PM
The Express-Times (Easton & surrounding areas)
Pocono Record (Stroudsburg & surrounding areas)

** At_______least these are our local papers, but we live in the hicks!

spier racing 93
03-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Down around me, we've got the Reading Eagle. LINK (http://www.readingeagle.com)

White Lightnin
03-30-2005, 07:50 PM
There are 2 papers in the Mountaintop area that are given out free to anyone. You find them at the exit doors of multiple stores in the area. They are the Mountaintop Journal (I believe published out of White Haven) and Mountain Peaks (published by Mary Ellen Aton and Mountain View Printing). There is the Mountaintop Eagle, too, but they play a selective journalism game. The publisher refuses to allow even a mention of a driver that isn't from their sales area, so real, full results are not allowed. I guess if a driver won't be buying a copy, there won't be any mention of them.

Victory Lane
03-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Lehighton Times News.

http://www.tnonline.com/

tnsports@ptd.net

Lori/39x
03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh goodie...we're back to being scrutinized for our grammar. Sorry for the typo...my MISTAKE...missed a space bar!! Give me a break. :mad:

Mike Fields
03-31-2005, 09:21 AM
And you thought WJ was falling down on job? :eek: NEVER!

Lori/39x
03-31-2005, 11:06 PM
WJ,

What's the importance of pointing out everyone's errors? And if you are not isolating my little MISTAKE (as you call it), perhaps you should proofread the rest of the posts for sentences not beginning with capital letters, misspelled words, and slang.

Secondly, I think Ty has been diligently working to promote the PoconoThunder.com forums. There have been a handful of people supporting it thus far. If every poster has to worry about the public humility they'll get for a simple typing MISTAKE, they (like me) will choose to not return to RacerHub sites. Sorry, Ty...you did a great job, but...

Someone's typing or grammatical skills do not constitute that they can't comprehend or that they don't have a valid point to post. If you wouldn't point out the MISTAKES, most people either wouldn't see them, or just wouldn't care anyway.

Now the case is closed.

Geno
04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
You made some very good points Lori, way to stand up for yourself :) ! If it rains (or when), you guys can always come see us tomorrow :D

Thanks to everyone for the paper info, all are added, except White Lightnin's. Can you email me w/their info & I'll give them a call?

Thanks Again, see some of you tomorrow.

White Lightnin
04-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm at work right now, but I will try to find the information for you sometime tonight.