PDA

View Full Version : Grand Enduro eng

PARTSGUY
03-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Anybody buy the 00 bb engine advertised in the classifieds for $2500.00, good for grand enduro? If so, let me know, so I can claim it for 1250.00.

Rich Johnson
03-31-2005, 07:15 AM
Shame of it is...
This "theoretical" person would probably refuse the claim and never come back to Riverhead...The person who attempted the claim would be a "marked man"
I really hope it does not come down to this...It would kill the division.

RacinRich

art11758
03-31-2005, 09:57 AM
I find it incredibile that anyone would pay that much for a grand enduro engine. If you cannot make enough steam on a freshened bone yard engine then perhaps you need to rethink the whole idea. I liked enduros because they were affordable. I am able to do much with a little and that's what kept me in enduros and will probably bring me back once my life settles down again. Between the tires you guys got stuck with (JMO) and this claimer rule, I find my understanding of affordable getting stretched. Like Rich, I think you all need to think very carefully, or you will kill a still fun thing.

racing#s
03-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't think anyone will have to worry about a claim rule going down on someone's motor. It seems like a major hassle, plus the officials have been pretty good with post race inspections, and whomever has a shady motor will probably be nailed, anyhow. The grand guys pretty much are familiar with everyone in the division and I don't think anyone's going to pull the wool over their eyes. If someone new comes in, all eyes will be on them like flies on poop. I can't wait to see the grands this year, as in the past, it's great racing, great guys & great competition.

richardpetey
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
I actually witnessed the claimer rule at work....................... :rolleyes:
Way back in prehistoric times at Flemington........................ ;)
The winner of a 100 lapper had to pull his motor and give it a guy who finished 40th for $1000....................................... :*-(
Nobody in the top 39 wanted to claim the winner's motor................... :help:
The funny thing is, the guy who claimed and installed the winning motor finished 52nd in the next race.................................. :eek:
I guess, a wink is as good as a nod to a blind jackass................... :lol:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rockandrollcafe
04-01-2005, 11:47 PM
The way the claim rule goes is:
The claimer must come in the top 5 also. (Or he can't claim)
Claimer's motor must also be in good running condition, because he must forfeit his motor, plus $1000.00, to the claimee. (and $250.00 to the track mechanic.)