PDA

View Full Version : Stock or race cars?

JCenduro
04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
:help: I would like to say congrats to all who competed in the monsoon and completed the race. I watched the race from the grandstands and I was very impressed with the quality of racing that took place. As I was standing there getting soaked, I was watching the large car enduro and I noticed that there were a couple cars out there that I thought were far from stock. I know the #25 black metric Monte Carlo, that came with a 305 4bbl at best. How does that out run a Camaro/Firebird? with a 350 4bbl. I know the #25 was a DQ for another infraction, but that had more than a 305 in it. Next was the #177. I don't know who was driving it, but next time someone should tell him to pull the street stock motor out and keep it stock. Last but not least, the#41. Joe Jentile. I know Joe and have raced with Joe for years and he is a great competitor. I do believe Joe comes to the track prepared, and is always there at the end. As I watched Joe lap after lap, he was flying past cars that I felt were running decent. I think there should be a way to tech these cars to make sure they are stock, year, make and model. If stock is what you want, you had more than that yesterday.

woot lawrence
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
The black Monte #25 did only have a stock 305 with a 4 barrel carb. He was dq'd for a locked rear. Where in the rules does it say you cant have a locked rear? Why was he the only one checked for a locked rear? This was his first race and he drove his *** off. Give the guy credit for what he did.

JCenduro
04-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Woot, It is in the rules, first line. Stock year make and model, SSs Monte's came with limited slip, not locked.

woot lawrence
04-03-2005, 11:06 PM
All pre 87 cars came stock with a choke, should we check for that? Vacuum lines? Pollution pump? Why was the #25 car the only one checked for a locked rear?

richardpetey
04-04-2005, 12:25 AM
No offense Woot, but if you checked for every little infraction, the tech guy would be there all week................................ :eek:
As much as I hate to agree with Joe(JCENDURO) about the (ugh)rules, he is right. All major performance enhancing modifications to a stock enduro car should be prohibited....................................... :help:
We tried to "run what ya brung" when NEETS was first created, but the guys who didn't want to spend the money to "buy the speed" started dropping like flys and we wound up with 15 to 20 cars in a race................... :disgusted
On the other hand, if you make the enduros absolutely/strictly stock, nobody would pass post-race inspection.................. :rolleyes:
The only exceptions to the rules should be made in the safety area.............. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

drdestruction
04-04-2005, 01:10 AM
The top 10 were checked for locked rears.

Dr.D

turnerpower00x
04-04-2005, 09:13 AM
This was also my first time running NEETS and I think maybe I counted 5 totally bone stocked cars. The rules say S-T-O-C-K , that's what the techs should stick to. I really have no room to talk, because I ran in the 4 cyl. class with a 6cyl., but had to start 2 laps down. I was pissed though, because I have been in contact with Billy B. for the last past 2 months about this race, and he knew exactly what I was going to be running. Then we get to the track 2 1/2 hrs later and the tech guy says "do you have a 4 cyl. in that?"..because I had a 6, I was illegal because I didn't have a 4 point cage..what is that for? safety?? it's me drivin' in there, no one else, and the rules said (4 point cage recommended---not mandatory)..and if I was scared of being hurt, I definitely would HAVE put one in before coming all that way....again, if it's a rule, stick by it!

YeaH, I sound all pissed off and stuff, but I had a heck of a time and am totally looking forward to running in all the future NEETS races. Hopefully, whatever car I buy this coming week, and decide to run in May, will be legal, but you can count on Billy getting a million questions before I make that haul again.

All that aside, I wanna say thanks to all the people there that I have met and become friends with; a great bunch of people. :wave:

(BillyB cutting in here); Gregg...What is this you say? You were in contact w/ me for 2 months?? And what exactly am I supposed to be...a mind reader to know you were bringing a Cavalier w/ a v6 and short wheel base? I saved all your e-mails that you were building a 4cyl. On March 14th you sent me this email;
Hey Billy,
I need to register 00x in teh 6-8 cyl. class. I am not going to be able
to finish my 4 cyl. as of right now. So I will be running my 6 cyl.
Thanks,
Gregg Turner
Not once did you EVER mention to me by email or phone that you had a Cavalier v6. Now I told you read the rules....did you read them? If so why did you build a short wheel base car?
Gregg, you are a nice guy, but DO NOT in any way make me look bad in front of my members with untrue statements.
So your post called "Horse Sh*t" is not very good way to get off on the right foot with me.

rcp_ny
04-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey Uncle Petey, I'd pass an "absolute/strictly stock" inspection, simply because I don't know enough to make improvements! :confused: :p

Of course, since the car got destroyed Saturday, it can't even pass a stop sign any more. :lol:

- RCP

J & J Racing 41
04-04-2005, 10:39 AM
75 Malibu, 350 2bbl, original 140,000 mile motor, y pipe, choke, open end rear, all stock components, still there. What do you want from me? :mad:

Haegele Racing
04-04-2005, 03:51 PM
We are the same boat you are with the Malibu, '75 350 2 bbl open rear and a y pipe. My dad ran the red 61 identical to yours and it worked awEsome. I really don't think you can get any more stock than that. Also, you guys complaining, geeezzze get over it, some cars work better than others and some drivers know how to avoid wrecks better than others. That's why it's called an ENDURO. Jon Haegele

2j Late Model
04-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey guys

I haven't raced in one of these races yet, but I have bought cars to run in them. I have seen with my own eyes a guy run on a Saturday night thriller division and then run a NEETs race the following day. That is not a stock car. Is that able to be done? Sorry for the way I worded it before. I guess it depended on the way you read it. Sorry for any confussion Billy.

Jason 2j

NEETS-1
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Any of you friggin' guys that love to complain and tech from the grandstands...put yer a$$ in a car and prove yer worth!!!
Craig is doing a fine job at tech...better than any I had so far. IF YOU WANTED TO COME DOWN AND LAY IN A FOOT OF WATER AND TECH THESE CARS....JUST SAY THE WORD.
Jason, I am surprised at you bashing my $hit. Those cars that WERE Thrillers WERE legal at the time last year to run in NEETS....THEY ARE NOT NOW. It is now the Holiday "Stock" Car Series. Know what yer talking about when it comes to my rules.
When I got home today and read this thread, it totally pi$$ed me off. Don't go bashing my series and cars if ya don't know what the hell yer talkin' about. Joe Jentile's car is a well prepared stock car WITH the choke still hooked up. It has an inch of sludge in the valve covers. It doesn't come to the track with anything old that will break, loosen or bust like others that leave the car on the trailer outside until the next race.
IF ANY OF YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN A SERIES BETTER (OR TRY).....DO IT....IF NOT, SHUT YER PIE HOLE. MAKE ME AN OFFER ON NEETS...THEN I'LL GIVE YA 3 RACES-TOPS

richardpetey
04-05-2005, 12:46 AM
The top ten cars will be impounded and sent to the NEETS blender for further technical disassembly and then sent to the enduro test and research facility, where they will be processed for final inspection....................... :help:
The top twenty drivers will have to submit to a NEETS "texas hold'em" car strip poker tournament with a $50 buy in, winner will have to reassemble his car to claim all prize monies........................................ :confused:
Any driver found in violation of the "strickly stock" make , model and year rules will be penalized the next race. The penalties will include 100 laps piloting a "ford" or "chrysler" product or whichever breaks first............. :eek:
All whinners, rules freaks and black flagged drivers will be forced to ride a mandatory 50 laps in SPEEDO's trunk....................... :drool:
Any questions, speak to anyone on the "only rules is there ain't no rules committee".......................................... :*-(
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
These rules subject to the "dogtrack dogma" which may be changed at any time by any one for anything.................... :(

Rich Johnson
04-05-2005, 07:08 AM
BILLY,
Don't get mad...People who dont read the rules always make the most noise.
The rules read "Stock for year make and model"
Some people can work within these parameters and win with hard work and talent.
Some will break these rules and take the risk of being DQ'ed.
It's the "nature of the beast"
Stick to the rules and keep a level playing field for us...People will ALWAYS complain...Don't let it bother you so much...You are "doing the right thing".

RacinRich

2j Late Model
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey Billy

I WAS NOT bashing your series, nor would I. I thinks it's the greatest thing anyone has ever done. I was simply asking a question, but now that I reread it, it really isn't a question. Sorry Billy, you know me I don't step on anyone's toes, you know that. In my eye's legal or not legal you got to have guts to be out there with a hundred other cars. Sorry to everyone or anyone I pissed off, I meant nothing by it. I have met a great group of people cause of this series, I wouldn't do anything to jeperdize that.

Jason 2j

NEETS-1
04-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I Un-deleted this thread because I want people to read it and read the truth. I run a good series...the way I think it should be run. I take care of the people who support the series....the drivers, the crew, the officials and the fans.
I scold the people who consistantly try finding the faults and in the same breath say they are advocates for us.
I am letting this thread ride. Go for it.

JCenduro
04-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Billy,Hit the wrong button again. :eek:

Haegele Racing
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Mr. Cooper, are you even driving anymore? I don't think we have seen your name in the finishes for a while now. So why are you so worried about what people are doing for the extra edge? Why has there been a different winner each HSCS race so far? Because it's an enduro, the guys who get lucky enough to not get a flat or get caught up in one of many wrecks finish up front. For the most part, in this series especially, the 4 cyl's, it is survival. May the best DRIVER win. Don't get me wrong, if somebody is flat out cheating, they should be warned or DQ'ed, but in those conditions on Saturday, it was hit or miss, car setup didn't play that big of a rolE, it was all in the right foot. Billy has done a great job evening the playing field, we think, especially with the winners car being crunched at the last race. That has definitely slowed my improvements on my machine. All I have to say is that IT'S A FRIGGIN' BLAST out there. This post is not meant to be mean, but it seems there is always one in the crowd looking to stir the pot.

JCenduro
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Mr. Haegele, fyi, I had some time off from racing due to the unexpected death of my two family members, my daughter and my mother right after. I also injured myself and my doctor suggested I don't race right now, even though I'm itching to. I guess it's the competitiveness in me, and not really the fact that someone has an edge. I like to be beaten on a level playing field. That's all. I like knowing that someone won on the up and up. Nothing personal. I know that Craig will do a good job and sooner or later he will catch the bad boys. I always knew he would do well. I don't doubt him, just on how it would be done. I've known Craig for years now, I hope he knows how I feel and what I mean. If not, I will tell him when I see him. I admit sometimes I get out of line and can't control my thoughts. I would like to say sorry to anyone I might have pissed off. #29 jcenduro

winky417
04-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok, Here's my opinion, "and I don't care who I may or may not piss off", that's just the way I am!!! This NEETS series has to be the best racing series out there right now!!! It's Fun, Affordable, and definItely family oriented. Promoted well, and does bring the REAL hardcore racers out time and time again. But it isn't perfect (nothing is); there are some guys out there "cheating" a little and some who aren't. You have that in any division, at any track. Just gotta catch them, that's all. I was out there in the big cars (#417). When I build a car, they are strong and mechanically sound!! "except for a stupid faulty clutch fan this time :mad:, which led to a blown radIATOR hose" I never have mechANICAL failures!! One thing I can tell ya is there were definItely some "ringers" out there, too. Some finished, some didn't. Some got caught, some didn't. But they eventually will. Just stick to the rules, play fair and have fun!!! I do!!! This is the best show on wheels!!! See ya's all soon. Winky417-Maddawg

Rich Johnson
04-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Joe Cooper does get a little "hot" sometimes...However...I have raced with him a number of times and he is one of the best drivers I have seen...Please don't knock him as a driver.

RacinRich

winky417
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree Rich, I've raced with JC, raced against JC , he is one of the best drivers out there!!! He is also a damn good mechanic and knows what he's talking about. Joe does get a little hot now and then, but when he does his points are valid. If ya saw the race or raced in it you would know exactly what he's talking about. See Ya's all soon. Winky417-Maddawg

turnerpower00x
04-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Billy,
First of all I DID NOT make untrue statements in front of your people! I said, I also agreed with the person that said there was hardly any STOCKED cars there. I was upset because I was in contact with you for 2 months I told you I would be runnin a cavaliar in the 6/8 cyl. class (re-read the emails) We got there and a guy came over and asked if we had a 4 point cage in it. I said that we didn't. I went to the techs and asked for him to come look, and that's when you gave me the 3 options. It would have been nothin to put a 4 point cage in it before time, if I had known. We talked on the phone (you and I) for over 45 mins the Wednesday night before the race and we talked about EVERYTHING I needed and didn't need..(do you recall). ...again, it's over and done with, I did not mean to make you look "bad" in front of your people, nor did I make false statements. I apologize for the way you took it, or the way it sounded. I had a great time, and it was well worth it, and we are all lookin forward to coming back. I think what you have going is a great thing and something I am really interested in attending all throughout 05'.
..again, sorry for the mispronounciation/word usage/ignorance :disgusted

..can you email me, and tell me EXACTLY what I need in that 2.8 Cavalier for the May 30th race..Thanks, and see ya soon

NEETS-1
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Billy,
First of all I DID NOT make untrue statements in front of your people! I said, I also agreed with the person that said there was hardly any STOCKED cars there. I was upset because I was in contact with you for 2 months I told you I would be runnin a cavaliar in the 6/8 cyl. class (re-read the emails) We got there and a guy came over and asked if we had a 4 point cage in it. I said that we didn't. I went to the techs and asked for him to come look, and that's when you gave me the 3 options. It would have been nothin to put a 4 point cage in it before time, if I had known. We talked on the phone (you and I) for over 45 mins the Wednesday night before the race and we talked about EVERYTHING I needed and didn't need..(do you recall). ...again, it's over and done with, I did not mean to make you look "bad" in front of your people, nor did I make false statements. I apologize for the way you took it, or the way it sounded. I had a great time, and it was well worth it, and we are all lookin forward to coming back. I think what you have going is a great thing and something I am really interested in attending all throughout 05'.
..again, sorry for the mispronounciation/word usage/ignorance :disgusted

..can you email me, and tell me EXACTLY what I need in that 2.8 Cavalier for the May 30th race..Thanks, and see ya soon

Well...your first contact may have been 2 months ago. You did email me 3 times and call me 3 times. Not once, I repeat not once did you mention to me that you had a Cavalier 6cyl
I did re-read your emails which I posted at the bottom of this post...( I save all emails for 3 years) and your phone conversations were not about the type car you had but tech questions as in the muffler deal.
As far as your agreement w/ people that there were hardly any stock cars out there...Let me ask you where you get that knowledge from?
This type of trouble and poor memory I do not need in my series. If you plan on keeping this going, please find another place to run your mouth. I wish you good luck.
If you plan on thinking before you post (especially about me, my drivers or my series) than I am glad to have ya.
Here are your emails copy and pasted word for word;
2/23
Hey there,
I am into Enduro racing and I stumbled upon your web site. Nice site. I have a few questions though. Could you tell me the entry fee for the events? and the rules say "muffler and must have exhaust.now where we run we can not run exhaust we have to cut it off..is that legal at your place or no? and winshield also we have no windshield is that a no go?
Just curious and hopefully looking forward to running there a few times in '05. sounds like a great time and good racing.
I would appreciate a email back sayin yea my car(s) are ok or get a new one. haha

Thanks,
Gregg 00x

2/28
Billy,
Hey its Gregg Turner. I forgot to ask you, about the exhaust rule. We cut
our exhausts off right at the end of the header..is that legal?

I also am wondering if the # (oox) is available in both big cars and little
cars?

Thanks,
Gregg Turner
00xmachine

3/14
Hey Billy,
I need to register 00x in teh 6-8 cyl. class. I am not going to be able
to finish my 4 cyl. as of right now. So I will be running my 6 cyl.
Thanks,
Gregg Turner

PROOF ENOUGH?????

turnerpower00x
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I really don't want to continue with this post. I know what I said, you know what you said. Lets leave it at that. How about we move on to the next one?
Why sit and both of us get angry at one another over words or misunderstandings. Just isn't worth it. :wave: I'm through talking about this, it's going nowheres, and getting nothing accomplished except tempers flying.