PDA

View Full Version : No Shows For The LM #84

Rubbin&Racin
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
After reading the Eye On Riverhead, and seeing that we disclosed to all that we would be doing a limited show this year, it really hit me hard. With tears, I write it's only fair to let you know Andy and I have decided not to race this season, we feel it is only fair to our sponsors not to. If our house is sold during racing season, we will be relocating to TN. Please know that Andy and I truly respect all of you as drivers and our friends and family, Riverhead and the Oval Track will always be our home. This is a new phase of life for us, as Walt said, and we are doing it for all the right reasons, but we will sorely miss all of you. We will be at the track, so if anyone needs anything from us, just ask. As a wife of a driver please know that I love Racing and what a thrill it is to be a part of it and watch and if you're winning or not, to know that your spouse and you are having fun and enjoy doing something in life that brings you so much happiness. It has made me happy to be a part of this wonderful sport. This sport has made a huge impact on our whole family and one never realizes it until you decide not to race. To our dedicated family and Crew, and our Wonderful Crew Chief, we say thank you, our hats are off to you and from the bottom of our hearts, Andy and I appreciate all you have done for us, we love our crew, they are family to us. Thanks guys, for always bringing Andy home safe to me, thank you for all the love and respect you gave to me always at the track and working at the house, I love you guys. :wave:

Mike Fields
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
One thing that I've always enjoyed was stopping by your trailer every Saturday. I'm glad you'll be hanging out, even though as a non-competitor. But when you move down to TN, Lori and I will miss you both.

unowho243
04-04-2005, 06:54 PM
We will miss you guys! Andy did great in both the chargers and the Late Models he's a great driver had some hard luck but he always showed up with a great ride and always put up a fight hope you guys continue racing down in TN Good luck guys!

Rubbin&Racin
04-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Mike, can we still bring the enclosed trailer to hang out in, you know for comfort on those rainy days also it would be nice to have shelter and you could stop by for our chats and some home baked goodies. I will miss all of this.

Thanks Unowho, we had fun, we won 2 in the Chargers so that was a great feeling, what am I saying, it's an awesome feeling. Yes, we do plan to Race in TN and keep the same number, it has special meaning for us. Andy always had fun Racing no matter what. K, keep in touch. :)

Mike Fields
04-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Jo, never let it be said that I turned down home-baked cookies! That's the way to any writer's heart... :lol:

Racer53
04-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Will def miss you guys and the competition... Now that you guys helped us, definitely feel free to come by and hang out with our crew and family and friends, and to those who said they will miss hanging out with them, may hang out with us as well. Good Luck down South and see you 4/30.
#8 LM

allhailunc
04-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Say it ain't so?A true competitor and a real nice guy on&off the track.Gonna miss you Andy :wave:

Rubbin&Racin
04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
So Mike, do ya think Bill would let us bring our trailer in just for shelter and to hang out, hmmm, I bet I could get away with it for a few Saturdays, but he might catch on not seeing the Black 84. :lol:

Walt, we always have an up beat attitude, really to Race you have to and we were a team when it came to our Racing and Andy always had a wonderful attitude about racing, and we both just love life and people and our sport of Racing and that we share it as a family, husband and wife team.
now Walt anyone can bribe Mike with home made cookies and brownies. Only kidding Mike, we love you and Lori.

To Allhailunic., yes it is true, a true competitor and friend is leaving, thanks for your nice words and believe me we will keep in touch. I will be checking on you guys from TN, we are family. :)

Racer8, I guess you got my email, so enjoy and we will look ya up when we are strolling the pits and thanks and like I said in my email all the best to ya. :)

spabler
04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Good luck down there guys, you're welcome in our pits any time you're in town.
Paul A. Beutler
Spabco Racing

Rubbin&Racin
04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks Paul, and also thank you for all your help and advice, we truly appreciate the friendship. Good Luck in 2005 and we will stop by and see you. :wave:

DAN D.
04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Last year when I chose to hang my helmet up after 11 features, While I was in the chute waiting to get on the track, Jo came over to my window and said "We don't want you to stop driving, you can handle the car and we enjoy watching you. If there is anything you need, just ask."
To me, that was a heartfelt non-BS statement from a stranger .. because I did not know who she was .. until Jo turned around and walked away and I saw the impressive LOCKBERG jacket ..
As far as watching Andy race, it was great, because whereever he was in the pack..I knew that all around him knew they would get a run for the money !!
GOOD LUCK, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS DOWN IN TENN.
Also, I think Andy had something to do with providing Frank Saladino with my Tranny core last year after I blew the tranny up on race#1 (because of Impact to right side of car -not over using). Thanks if it was him.
Thanks Dan Dombal, Former #63 Charger

Rubbin&Racin
04-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi Dan, it's Jo-....awww, thanks. Yes I was waiting at the Board to get the line up and saw you in the chute and I ran over to you, it bothered me you wanted to give up racing and something that you loved to do and I wanted to talk you out of it, well I tried, and it wasn't any BS either. I care about Racing and have made so many friends at Riverhead, they are my family and I didn't want to see you give up, my friend. What you did do with your old Charger Car Dan was Beautiful, and to see you donated the money to Victory Junction says a lot to me about the kind of man you are, so my hat is off to you, my friend. Andy loved to race and I loved watching him, and yes, no matter if he was out front or not, he was always having fun and being with his buddies at the track and I will always be proud of Andy, he is the love of my life and Racing is another part we share together. Thank you for your good wishes, we truly appreciate that, we hope to see you at the track before we move. I would also like to say THANK YOU to all that always helped us out during the years we raced, some gave pointers and advice, others helped and ran when we got wrecked and I just want you to know how much we appreciated all of your help, we are a family at Riverhead and NASCAR is in our blood and Andy not racing this season I need a transfusion....waaaaa. Again Thanks Dan....Love, Jo :wave:

Modracin07rh
04-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I meet Jo & Andy when they were racing in the charger division and I was hanging with a friend in the Late models. This past season, having them parked next to us, I really got to know them both very well and I am very happy to call them MY family. I will most definitely miss them both when they do move.... It will not be the same not to run up and stand with my Sis while her honey is out there. Before I went to get the car, I worked on getting ready for our race. Jo & Andy know in my heart how much I love you two and how much I will miss you both. You will always be a hop, skip, and a jump away! And you always have a place to stay with me when you come to visit! You two have to be the happiest couple I ever meet while racing. I will keep putting the 25 cents away for you, for you know what! lol Remember Sis "to the Moon and Back and around the sun", you two will always be in my heart.
May the Love of racing be with you no matter where you go.
XOXOX
Your little Sis Annette :*-( :wave:
Peace, Love and Happiness to the couple of the # 84 Lokkeberg Racing team.

P.S I will be coming to TN to see you Race Big Brother!

Rubbin&Racin
04-17-2005, 01:21 PM
To ModRacin, my buddy, my pal, my best friend and my family I am proud to call my Sister. As the saying goes you can't choose your family, but you can pick your friends, well I am glad I picked this special lady to be my friend and family. Yes it's true, for years we knew each other for a casual hello and last year it turned more into a family and the love of NASCAR. If any one knows this ModLady, you will know she loves Racing and puts her heart and soul into it, she would do anything to support a team. She is unlike anyone I have ever known, she is sincere, caring and so much of a real person than most people let themselves be. The over lapping of our lives has made such a difference in our lives for each of us in so many ways. One of the joys is I got to know her this year and adopted her as my little Sister. Andy and I are proud to call her family. No matter how many miles we are apart, I want you to know you will always have a special place in our heart and how much we appreciate and care about you. The love of Racing will always be with us, just like you will be, and all our friends at Riverhead Raceway.

:) Just in case anyone needs a Radio Lady, hint, hint, she is great on the Radios, she will guide you in the right directon and always look after you and bring you home safe to your loved ones, so contact her if you need a Radio Lady, she knows her stuff....

PS...Yes you will be coming to TN not only to see Andy Race but to spend time with us....we love ya! :) :wave: