PDA

View Full Version : Shane Hmiel penalized

Jones44
04-07-2005, 05:42 AM
25 points and $10,000 for giving Dale Jarrett "The One-Digit Salute" during Monday's Busch race. Did anyone actually see the race on FX? Was the "infraction" actually televised? I thought after Dale Jr's interview last year that all NASCAR "live" telecasts were supposed to be operated on a five-second delay to edit out "inappropriate material". :confused:

racing#s
04-07-2005, 08:34 AM
According to page 'A74, Newsday's story indicated that the 'FX' channels in car camera caught 'the one finger gesture' to Dale Jarrett..."obscene gesture cam" as they called it.....lol.........MANY of NASCARS 'old school veterans' are disgusted that the new gun drivers aren't giving them any respect, here's a perfect example.....

racing#s
04-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Way back,I remember Earnhardt giving someone the finger,and the announcer joked that He was just telling whomever the other driver was that Earnhardt just wanted to let him know he was #1. If I recall,Tony Stewart gave Rusty the bird also,at 190mph at Pocono I believe.I wonder if the NASCAR rules actually have ALL the gestures listed as offenses they can be fined/docked for.

maestri fan 1
04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
----'- weird(,) the last ARCA race(,) a driver got scuffed into the wall and he told the person who did it that he was #1. He also ---------- the car of the other driver and he wasn't fined or anything. That(')s ----------(,) you get --- at someone and flip them off(,) it's a lot better ---- taking a physical action. I think Nascar should leave the drivers alone.

Enough errors to get a post like this one deleted NEXT TIME! W.J.

broz
04-07-2005, 10:59 AM
What gets me is you have a guy here who was one step away from being "black-balled" from the sport. You think he might show a little more respect and just be thankful that he has been given a second shot at one of the greatest professions in the world :rolleyes:
I now offically calssify him as a "Punk" :mad:

racing#s
04-07-2005, 11:37 AM
I was checking out Yahoo, as per their reports on NASCAR, Shane said to Jarrett, "He claimed he'd get me, so he better hurry up, because he ain't got much longer," Hmiel said after the race. That's pretty rude, considering it appeared he spun Jarrett in the first place.

Fkraft99
04-07-2005, 12:35 PM
First of all, I watched the race, and yes, it was televised that he clearly gave him the finger. The thing I don't understand is Jarrett walked past the ambulAnce, down the front stretch, towards Hmiel's car while he sat there under red. The best part of the whole thing was that he did this accompanied by a Nascar official?? What the heck did they think he was going to do, shake his hand???? lol. If anyone is to blame, it's the official for letting Jarrett walk right up to Hmiel's window.

wally28
04-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I blame Fox for turning on the in car camera during that, what did they expect? to hear a good joke! They should be the ones getting fined.

racing#s
04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing....How about NASCAR fines the FX Channel.....LOL......NOT. Really makes you wonder whats going on sometimes,,,,,,,,,Maybe they thought since it was a Monday morning no one was watching....

Jones44
04-07-2005, 02:30 PM
If the race was being telecast on a five-second delay like all races are supposed to be now, then why didn't they (FX) either cut to a different camera or pixellate Hmiel's hand?

The Bullfather
04-07-2005, 07:37 PM
:mad: NASCAR, has had theIr hand on toO much this season. Was Truex fined and docked points? He came out and said that he dumped Bodine on purpose! He got black flagged!

Jarrett should have been fined $10,000 for what he did, he walked up to a car and came right into his window and spoke his mind! Shane Hmiel has a past history, NASCAR played upon that. There are 2 driver's in my mind THAT would have gotten the same treatment, Harvick and Stewart. What do you expect when someone comes into your window and speaks their mind! "OHHH, YOUR SO RIGHT! MY mistake!" No it's not my "MISTAKE" it's suppose to say "MY BAD!" It's a term used a lot today, ask J.A. I'm tired of seeing all this red ink! :D

NASCAR has to get with THE times, it was wrong to flip the bird, But I see it everyday on the L.I.E. or Sunrise! Hey, good thing Stone Cold Steve Austin isn't driving a race car!

Mortgage Guy
04-08-2005, 12:13 AM
I agree with Freddy, watching NBS 24/7 you try and root for this guy, but he is running out of chances....He did that to a NASCAR Champion, what does he have, one win in a Truck...His Daddy (only reason why people even pay any attention to him) has no championships...LEARN TO PICK YOUR BATTLES....You dumped him, now eat your crow..Oh but wait, let me give him the finger when he is walking away (watch the tape) and then talk SH*T about Dale when he is no where near Shane...The boy needs a good swift as# woopin"