PDA

View Full Version : Anyone new ?

racing#s
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Anyone jumping divisions? So are there any rookie grand drivers this year? I'd love to see Stroud run the Grands...

RebelMtrspts29
04-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Brian Obiedzenski. I have run in the stock 8 cylinder division for 4 years now. This year I will be running Grand Enduro. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the season opener on May 1st. I am planning to run the whole rest of the schedule. My car number is 29. LOL I will even put a "Rookie Stripe" on the back for you all. I am really looking forward to the season, and the changes that were made at the drivers meeting. It should help the division stay fair, and most of all FUN! that is why we all do it!

See everyone out there on the 29th.

Brian

racing#s
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Good Luck To You Guy.

RebelMtrspts29
04-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey thanks!!! Car number???

racing#s
04-13-2005, 07:20 AM
#29 truck,Anyone know if Elway's coming back this year ?

gzenduro12
04-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey Brian.....and welcome to a great division. I would still consider myself a rookie like yourself. I ran in 5 races last year and am still learning how to get around our 1/4 mile 'bull ring'.
I remember a thread way back by Lil' John that said he was selling his equipment...so I assume he won't be back in the division.
Here's one to stimulate chatter.....Which Grand car will be in victoy lane on May 1st?
I have a guess, and this car can really go........Maybe this question should be asked after we all see 2 weeks of warm-ups.
Can't wait till Saturday. Best of luck to all Grand drivers both veterans and rookies.
Greg Zaleski Grand #12

racing#s
04-13-2005, 09:10 PM
If there were betting, I'd go 'all in' on Racin Rich Johnson for race one.

RebelMtrspts29
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey can anyone out (there) share if 75 laps are gonna really waste a set of sticker tires? If the heat cycle runs that long, I'm pretty sure that a decent amount of wear is gonna occur. If so, the winner in my mind may have some experience on these tires.....But as for now....I'd (like to know) who it may be.

Also any clue on a car count yet?

Brian "Oboe" Obiedzenski

art11758
04-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Minimum weight for the other class of car that runs the same tire is 4100 lbs. Hopefully your Grand Enduro car weighs less. Cars that were handling in the heavier division got several shows out of a tire. IMO a set should last you the season.

LongIslandJam
04-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Yea I would figure a set would last you a season, because some top-running (meaning winning and contending each week) Blunderbust teams ran year old tires, and sometimes even older. However, Blunderbusts don't run 75 consecutive laps, so I don't know what that would do in regard to heat cycles.

Rich Johnson
04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Anyone who is going to run "stickers" should plan on running both warm up dates to heat cycle the tires properly.
I don't think putting on a new set before a feature will work out too well.
As far as how long these tires will last...It will depend on how a car is set up and how they are driven. A whole season from one set would be asking a lot.
I recently asked Lil' John if he was going to race this year...He said "hell no".
I would like to win some races this year, but there will be some tough competition to get past. I guess if we all have a good time...That is what counts...Right?

RACINRICH