PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Modified Poll

RGeeProductions
04-12-2005, 08:00 AM
I wanted to post a poll to see how many of ALL you out there follow the Whelen Modified Tour. We are trying to follow the Tour this year on LIJam. I personally want to see how many fans this Series actually has in our area. Thanks.

Note: All who answer will be kept private.

ANOTHER NOTE: The 'YES' answer DOES NOT MEAN you go to the races. I just want an idea of who follows it. Going online to see the finishes of the Tour races, or checking the points, or coming here to view the pictures of the races because you are interested (on a regualr basis) would mean a 'YES" answer. I basically wanted to find out how many are actually INTERESTED in the Whelen Modified Tour.

Jeff T
04-12-2005, 09:41 AM
It's not that I don't like the tour, it's just the fact that I don't have the time or disposable income to follow it on a regular basis. With the price of fuel these days, my traveling to the mod tour races will be very limited this year.

art11758
04-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I have been making as many tour races as I can as of late. I try to keep them to "day" trips, although I got a room last year for Seekonk. (It's near my birthday.) I was at Thompson on Sunday and it was worth the trip. Just a thought, Hampton Jitney has a bus to almost all of the tour shows, and that might be a less expensive way to travel.

Mortgage Guy
04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
The Hampton Jitney bus is great, Ted does an awesome job and most trips are around $42.00.....You sleep on the way in and on the way home as well....I will go to more tour shows this year because of the Jitney trips... :applause:

Wheel Racing
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Now that I finally have weekends off again, I plan on checking out some Tour shows again (nice to say TOUR again). I am interested in the Bus deal. What time do they leave?? What time do they leave the track for home?? Do you ever make it to work on Mondays?? How do I find out more??

RGeeProductions
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
The Hampton Jitney bus is great, Ted does an awesome job and most trips are around $42.00.....You sleep on the way in and on the way home as well....I will go to more tour shows this year because of the Jitney trips... :applause:

SLEEP???? No coolers allowed anymore??? I believe he was guide on the Nazareth trip 3 years ago and trip was awesome. BUT!!! there was NO sleep....wink! wink!

art11758
04-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Work on Monday is tough but a small price to pay. I don't know if Ted posts here anymore so you may have to look on the MSS board for your answers regarding departure times and such.

Mike Fields
04-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I try to keep an updated list of all of Hampton Jitney's trips on one of my pages. It's a great time, and Ted usually keeps videos of past Tour races on the TV's to keep you 'in the mood'. They also have an attendant that serves coffee, juice, muffins, etc.

Teds Race Tours
04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi All. Didn't know you were all talking about me behind my back :p . I try not to discuss our trips on LIJam or MSS since it's not fair to the advertisers of these 2 fine sights. If anybody would like any info any of our Modified or Nextel Cup trips, you can email me at hamptonjitney@yahoo.com or call me at 631-283-4600. Thanks. Ted

Mortgage Guy
04-13-2005, 04:14 PM
RGee...We do that in the morning, then all day and by the time you hit the ride home you are wiped out,(maybe 1 or 2 though) but still a great time and Ted has been our lovely waitress on the last few trips....He also has so great pools....#1 pick is always in my hand, right Ted??

Teds Race Tours
04-13-2005, 05:50 PM
And whom did you pick with the number one pick?

DAN D.
04-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Ted, thanks for the "COMMON" COURTESY to even think about not being fair to the other advertisers on the Jam..There is nothing wrong with putting it in the classifieds on the Jam. It's free and lots of eyes read the classified. If there is not a place, maybe JA can create one, "Services Offered", and RGEE, don't get cute with that one, and start listing DANIELSON autograph signings..LOL or BUDDY PAW PRINTING DAY. LOL
PS Ted, LONGISLANDJAM.COM sponsorship and advertising is beyond fair and reasonable (cheap). Talk with JA, Grab a Division sponsorship for a year .. after all, it is all for the cause we love ..Racing

Teds Race Tours
04-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Dan.
I know that the Jam has VERY reasonable rates, but Hampton Jitney's owner doesn't like to spend $$$ to make $$$. He wants me to earn it for him the old fashioned way. And thanks for the idea of a classified, I'll do that.

RGeeProductions
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all who voted and posted here.
On the front page of LongIslandJam will be a link to '2005 WMT Season Coverage'. This link will take you to a page with all the links, race by race, that we have covered. Anything reported, a story, time trials, starting order or our picture pages dealing with each race, will all be together on this page. From the voting above, I hope this makes checking information or pictures for any race we have covered more easier to navigate to.

See ya at the track,
Richie