PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Dreams Childrens Charity

88racer
04-15-2005, 02:07 PM
For those of you out there that are not aware, we have changed the name of our charity. What was PA. Racing for Smiles, is now CHECKERED DREAMS. This change gives us complete control over how and where the funds, raised by us, get spent.

For those of you not familiar with the charity, we take sick or handicapped children and their families to the track for the night. We make every attempt to make it a totally free night for the families. The kids receive a victory lap with the checkered flag, an on track interview, a trophy, a hat and t-shirt, and a helmet to get autographed, as well as gifts from many teams at the track. We also supply the families with food for the evening and a gas card whenever possible.

If you know of a child that might like to recieve an event from us, please feel free to contact me for more information.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE IN NEED OF DONATED USED HELMETS TO GIVE THE KIDS TO GET AUTOGRAPHED. This really seems to be one of the favorite parts of the night.

We currently have some fundraisers going on for:
1) Blankets
2) Candles
3) Vitamins

You can view the details for each at www.jackie88racing.com

I would like to thank Billy and Joe for inviting us back to Mountain Speedway this year, and to all the fans and teams that continue to support the kids. I can't wait for the NASCARE Race! :lol: :applause:

Gratefully:
Sue Ziegler
2J Racing
Team 88 LM