PDA

View Full Version : Practice

RacinRob
04-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Will there be any practice pics up on the jam?? Tribuzio's car was fantastic as well as Brigati's.

LongIslandJam
04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh yes, Richie Grodski was on hand to capture the beauty.

Also a report from Walter Johnston is on the way soon too.

Mortgage Guy
04-16-2005, 07:04 PM
SOOOOOO, who was fast and who was slow????? Also who was even there?????

W. Johnston
04-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Fast and slow are relative things when done unofficially by hand-held stop watch. I really didn't pay much attention to it, but I did hear Bobby Gardner did have one of the fastest times in the trucks. :)
For who was there, see my story on the Jam later tonight. :wave:

LongIslandJam
04-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Very preliminary photo gallery is up now. Richie Grodski will be burning the midnight oil posting photos from the Polish Tag Team and their sidekick of Jim Laird. Keep posted for some excellent shots of your favorite racers.

PS: Walter's story is coming soon too. You can blame me for it being late as I kept him on the phone too long. :rolleyes:

RGeeProductions
04-16-2005, 09:11 PM
'yaawwnnn'.........zzzz.z.zz......zzz............. ..zz...............

sobe
04-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Where's The Pictures???

sobe
04-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I See Them Now

LongIslandJam
04-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Full Story posted now. And hey Richie get back to work :lol: :p

RGeeProductions
04-16-2005, 10:11 PM
'yaawwnnn'.........zzzz.z.zz......zzz............. ..zz...............
HUH??? WAA???

LongIslandJam
04-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Thought you needed to be woken up. Man, some nice shots so far posted. #85 Figure 8 looks slick!

Keep it coming Richie!

DAN D.
04-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I Just Sent RGee 39 Pics To Go Thru. I Like This One?? Wonder Why ?

rockandrollcafe
04-17-2005, 01:11 AM
It's not nice to leave out enduros.

DAN D.
04-17-2005, 02:03 AM
It Was Great Seeing Them Run The #12 And The #55 Got Black Flagged For Something... You Said Enduros?? One Thing Comes To Mind When You Say Enduros..the Enduro King. See Attached Pic

RGeeProductions
04-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Leave out enduros!?!!?! Front page I believe says 'work in progress'. Means I was up late doing over 600+ pictures to go through and doing page by page, Page 1 is finished now and between yardwork and these pictures I will have page 2 sometime this afternoon. Those who took pictures COVERED ALL divisions.

DAN D.
04-17-2005, 12:05 PM
AND I ADD TO THAT.. ZOO KEEPER..IF YOU DON'T SMOKE A PIPE (NORMAL STUFF)???? THEN I GUESS THE SAYING GOES..AND PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT...LOLLOL I know Ralph meant no disrespect or *itchin by stating "no enduro"??? Everyone chill!!!! LIKE I STATED BEFORE, AS WELL AS JA, RGEE, THERE IS ABOUT 7-10 STEPS IN EDITING 1 (ONE PICTURE) TO GET IT READY FOR POSTING ON THE JAM.. SO IF YOU'Re An EXPERT.. WHICH RGEE IS..IT TAKES ABOUT 3-4 MINS PER PICTURE... SO EVERYONE RELAX...REMEmBER WHEN THERE Were NO PICS ON THE JAM??? I DO! ONLY A COUPLE FROM THE ORIG PHOTOGRAPHER (HOWIE?) THEN I CAME AROUND AND STARTED ACTION SHOTS AND CANDID SHOTS AND BLAh BLAh AND WE ALL GET USEd TO IT .... RGEE BY FAR IS A TRUE PROFFESIONAL AT EDITING/ CREATING IN A TIMLEY MANNER. FROM US HERE AT THE JAM TO ALL OUR JAM MEMBERS, THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND COMMITMENT ..JUST CHILL(RELAX) LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO *ITCH ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF ..... THANKS, DAN DOMBAL .. :D

LongIslandJam
04-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Yea, we got a ton of photos this weekend and Richie is going through them for photo galleries and I am going through last week's kart pics for profiles. We cover all divisions, but it takes time to get all them up. Richie has been working diligently at this and he deserves a major kudos, as well as Dan Dombal and Jim Laird, for working hard at capturing the action. All of us have day jobs, lives, and for some us school as well.

When we put (final cut) on the front page, then come back and complain. We will be more than happy to work with you on that, but until the finished product is up, don't count us out yet. The reason why we post a work-in-progress is so we can quench your cravings right away, rather than wait a few days for the final product.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions for coverage, you know where to contact me.

unowho243
04-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Amen lol I took quite a few Pictures yesterday, I just have to remember not to zoom in fully on the cars because then Richie can't resize them to fit. It's a shame because I had some very very good close up shots of cars. I will get some next week, tho! :)

I'm Jim Laird, By the way.

jimmy'z
04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
I missed practice and was wondering what Rob's 01 looked like in the daylight...nice pictures there guys of all of the cars.

Mortgage Guy
04-17-2005, 08:49 PM
So how did Debbie Flemming run in her maiden voyage?? Do you think she will be back???

W. Johnston
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Debbie did just fine. She did the smart thing, had Kenny check out the car first, then as a rookie, she was given 5 laps of alone practice. She'll be back, but it takes everyone time to learn. Next week, I'm sure she'll turn some 20's, LOL! :)

unowho243
04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
For her first time out, she did pretty good, I thought.

DAN D.
04-17-2005, 11:47 PM
You Can See/Hear More About Debbie In The Chargers Forum... She Ran Great. I Was Really Happy When She Completed The First Lap, It Was A Milestone For Her..

rockandrollcafe
04-18-2005, 02:57 AM
1. To my dear friend Dan :"Put that in your pipe and smoke it?" Why don't you go get a pipe and hit yourself over the head with it. Stop kissing so much _ss, and go feed buddy.
2. RGee Productions-we have spoken before and I know that enduro's are not your favorite. But they are mine. I want my guys to get as much recognition and respect as the other divisions. And that’s why I stirred the pot. I personally am very happy that the jam is lucky enough to have a guy like you posting pics. Maybe once and awhile you could do the Enduro pics 1st?
3. JA? You Too? I didn't complain, I made a statement and you come after me too? You know I am 200% Pro Jam. I love my enduros, and everybody got a "taste" except Enduros. You know if I had a problem or complaint I would get in touch with you. I just voiced my opinion.
PS
Dan- if you didn't already do it, don't hit yourself on the head with that pipe.

RGeeProductions
04-18-2005, 08:11 AM
2. RGee Productions-we have spoken before and I know that enduro's are not your favorite. But they are mine. I want my guys to get as much recognition and respect as the other divisions. And that’s why I stirred the pot. I personally am very happy that the jam is lucky enough to have a guy like you posting pics. Maybe once and awhile you could do the Enduro pics 1st?

Ah, my point is:
1. YOU ARE fully aware what it takes to do these pics, so no comment was needed till pictures were finished.(quote: And that’s why I stirred the pot.)
2. So what if Enduro's are not my favorite. I was there professionally to take pictures of ALL divisions, which I did (as all others who took shots). And with capability to take over 700 hi res pictures, I did a great job of getting ALL divisions represented, as did Jim and Dan. Well Jim, LOL.
3. Enduro's first? Well you see Ralph, Riverhead has 'main' divisions and 'touring' divisions/shows. Main divisions go first. Modified are the 'premier division' at Riverhead, so therefore I post them first after 'sights'. I then move down the line. Being Enduro's 'DO NOT' run every night, I don't put them first. I have pretty much done it this way since doing the picture pages. On Saturday night pictures, I post each division on how they were run on the track. If Blunderbusts are up first, they will be first in the picture pages. I try to tell the nights story in pictures when I post them, therefore I post them in that order. Being it was practice, I went with upper regular divisions and moved downward. Not saying at all that any class is 'BETTER' than any other, it is tough to decide which goes first.

LongIslandJam
04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Your simple comment could have been miscontrued in many ways. If it were truly genuine criticism, my e-mail, Richie's e-mail, Dan's e-mail, and Jim's e-mail are all open. You know us well enough to communicate via that.

I stand behind my staff 100%. They work way too hard to be taken down in a negative fashion. Legitimate questions we love to answer. This is Long Island Racing's site to mold. I'm just the sculptor helping craft the community's image.

Furthermore, your concern was legitimate, but presented in the wrong fashion, leading to it being taken the wrong way.

And on a side note, we all have our own favorites. It's whether or not we succumb to our favorites that is our question. Richie's motives were pure in this case and all divisions got represented. It's all a matter of sitting back and waiting, as it's not an instantaneous process.

That's my final thoughts on it. Let's just move on, enjoy the pictures and have fun :applause: