PDA

View Full Version : Nice Job Dave

The Facts
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
According to Mod Series Scene, Dave Roys finished 10th in the season opening True Value Modified series 100 lapper at Monadnock in New Hampshire, against a pretty stout field of Modifieds. Congrats Dave. Looks like he was the only Long Islander up there.

1- Les Hinckley
2- Chris Wenzel
3- Jack Bateman
4- Peter Daniels
5- Bruce Batchelder
6- Ed Dachenhausen
7- Rusty Ball
8- Bob Polverari
9- Dwight Jarvis
10- David Roys
11- Paul Surprenant
12- Sean Bodreau
13- Jimmy Kuhn
14- Andy Seuss
15- Dale Evonsion
16- Jim Boniface
17 -Kirby Monteith
18- Patrick Townsend
19 -Gary Casella
20 -Wayne Helliwell Jr.
21- Dave Nichols
DQ'd Kirk Alexander

knowitall
04-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Dave did a good job, especially for his first time at the track. I would love to see some of the other local teams do some racing at these tracks. That's what made racing really exciting years ago. I know some of the Island racers could be very competitive. How about it guys!

hollywoodmic
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
We were running with Chris Wenzel in the 83 for most of the race (he finished 2nd) and then made contact with Rusty Ball in the 20 car and got a flat. We came back out and the car was real good, but we had lost a couple of laps in the pits. Dave did a nice job for his first time there. The 2 corners are totally different, so it's hard to get adapted. I know in the end, on the stop watch, we were actually as fast as the leaders, but didn't want to screw with too many lead lap cars, although Dave did get one guy with 5 to go. Unlike the Head, we had some contact with some teams and a lot of rubbin', yet at the end of the race, no one came over to the trailer. Dave actually went to them and all was good, " just racing ". We were paid $350.00 for 10th and spent $440.00 for tires. The True Value Modified Series is a nice deal, Jack Bateman and his people run a nice show. They welcomed our team with open arms and couldn't do enough to help out. We are off to Lee Speedway next for an afternoon show on May 1st. It should be a great time.

Nonny
04-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I agree with Knowitall. I would like to see some of the Island drivers mix it up at some of the other tracks. It makes the racing more exciting. Would like to see some of the younger drivers try their talents at these tracks. Good experience for them and it's always great to see a team you know do well. Good job Dave! I wasn't at the race, but heard you did well. Good luck this season.