PDA

View Full Version : Views from the Tailgate: April 26 - Your Thoughts

LongIslandJam
04-26-2005, 12:26 PM
What's your thoughts on this week's column...

broz
04-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I think Carl is right on...SAFETY! The most important thing in motorsports. It reminds me of certain posts I've seen here regarding this issue. Cutting corners or saving money at the expense of one's personal well-being is NEVER a good trade-off.
I wish ALL at "The Head" this year a safe ride and many trips to the winner's circle!

racing#s
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Anything that draws attention to safety is great, good article. Safety is and should be the most important thing when making a racecar. Cutting corners may save money, but it won't save your eyes, head, arm or whatever you're putting in danger to save some money. Do the right thing, if you're still in a lap-belt, or in a long sleeve t-shirt, or a helmet you had for 15 yrs, get with the program. YOU CAN BE HURT, IT'S NOT ALWAYS "THE OTHER GUY". Unfortunately, safety improves AFTER a guy is burnt, or is tossed from his car, or breaks his ribs...etc, etc. Earnhardt's death put more light on helmets and restraint systems. Do you see any NASCAR drivers wearing open face helmets? 99% of the NASCAR drivers wear the HANS devices, after death brought more light to it, and full face helmets. DON'T BE "THE OTHER GUY"......!!!

Mortgage Guy
04-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Nice job Carl.......