PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal ?

racing#s
05-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Raining hard and heavy in Nassau.......any track weather/news...I can only imagine it's flooded out there. ?

just watching
05-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm about 5 fives east of the track and its raining here.

unowho243
05-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Raining here in Islip, but its letting up, and it is supposed to stop raining around 11, so they better not cancel!

just watching
05-01-2005, 09:31 AM
UNOWHO243, Are you racing today? If so good luck.

unowho243
05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Naa I wish I was racing today but I need a car lol so for today ill just be taking pictures for the jam. If anyone has a junk car let me know lol

unowho243
05-01-2005, 10:02 AM
rain rain rain

racing#s
05-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Pretty sad, in this day and age of technology, I've been calling the track since 9am, been busy every time. You would think they'd utilize their website to announce info.......?!

Hobo
05-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Well here it is, it is a rain out!! DUH!! No rain date, so the Enduros next race is Memorial Day weekend. Also, Sat. night drivers are welcome to practice later this afternoon, as the weather is expected to clear. The track also said that enduros are welcome to come to practice today, also. I hope this info helps. By the way, no rain date really sucks.... Have a nice day.

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Hobo , where did you get that info ? Rabbid1

racing#s
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
The schedule on Riverheads site says rain dates May 8th ? Is this cancellation official ?

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Don't know where Hobo got that from, I have May 8th as the rain date, unless somethings changed. We should run in the rain, Who cares. It's just enduros! There will be a lot of angry Mothers out there! :cool:

LLBUZZY
05-01-2005, 10:33 AM
supposed to clear up

RamIT1824
05-01-2005, 10:34 AM
ive been calling all morning and all i got was busy or it rings so how do whats going on at the track

racing#s
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
The parking lot is apparently a swamp.There's no way the grands can run in any kind of moisture.I hear those tires dont work well whatsoever with moisture.

LLBUZZY
05-01-2005, 10:36 AM
sun is out in holtsville loadin up

RamIT1824
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
has any one talked to the track ?

Hobo
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
WOW, what did i do?? The info is from the newest recording at the track. I agree the schedule says May 8th is the rain date. But the message says Entries from this race will be used for the May 29th date. As far as the weather clearing If it does they said they want to practice later in the day. I am just trying to be helpfull. Please dont hurt the messenger.

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey racin Rich, You must know somethin ?? Rabbid1 :cool:

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:42 AM
thanks Hobo , i was just wondering where you got that from . I've been getting a busy signal at the track hotline all morning . you seem to be the only one to get through . rabbid1 :cool:

RamIT1824
05-01-2005, 10:43 AM
what hobo said is true rained out possible practice this after noon its all on the recording at the track

Hobo
05-01-2005, 10:43 AM
i guess it helps to work for the phone company

racing#s
05-01-2005, 10:46 AM
After about 60 redials,I heard the message as hobo says...its cancelled....SIGH....

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:48 AM
UGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!! :mad:

Rich Johnson
05-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Cindy Here for Rich...
Listened to the same message as Hobo...Racing Cancelled...Practice later....no raindate (Guess you'll have to check when you go out there later for practice if the schedule is right or the message...from a mom's point of view by the way would rather give up a nice mother's day for racing than sit in the rain a score...)
See you all next time...Rich is loading up and going out for practice.
Cindy

LLBUZZY
05-01-2005, 10:51 AM
RAINED OUT...........practice set for later on so far no rain date Evduros to be credited for May 29th date.

rabbid1
05-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Cindy, your a dream wife. I'd have had to back over mine on the way to the track for a mothers day race . lol ;)

pitbull113
05-01-2005, 11:36 AM
so basically the enduros get screwed so the regular divisions can practice. sucks being the red headed step child!

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Pitbull, please think of the track point of view. Enduros run once a month? Weekly divisions run, ahh, once a week. Now weekly divisions had 2 rain outs. 1 for practice and 1 for practice/racing. From what I have heard, if clear enough, cars will be allowed to practice this afternoon. That is weekly divisions AND enduros included. Hopefully one day, someone will get the idea to run a enduro/strickly stock class weekly. Until then...................

Rich Johnson
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
You should have been all packed up and race ready...so get out there and run some practice laps...tune the car in so you can be the best you can be when you run again...complain all you want to about Riverhead, but remember it is the ONLY game in town and hey they could close like the rest of the short tracks are doing around the country, then all you would have is a huge planter for your yard...sorry but from a scorer's point of view I would rather them cancel than have to score you guys in the rain...it's not pretty...
So get off the computer and drive out there and run, make notes and come back to whip the field with what you have learned from practice....no sympathy here, sorry
Cindy

The Bullfather
05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Riverhead made the mistake of making may 8th the rain date! MAY 8TH IS MOTHER'S DAY!!!

pitbull113
05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Thats right R Gee they do race every week and were given one practice already and would have another chance to practice on the day of their next race. Now the enduros have to wait another month. As far as Cindy's comments, besides the fact it wasn't going to be raining come race time, if you didn't want to score for your husband then don't. My scorer has heart and would sit in the snow to help us get to victory lane. I was loaded and ready to go, we loaded up in the rain on sat. so we could get an early start, but to race, not dry the track for the other divisions and then wait several hours to go out and run a couple of more laps. As far as being the only game in town thats no excuse for treating people like crap which the managment has been accused of more than once!

nobandwagonhere
05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I dont care what anyone says. The cancellation was decided sat night at dinner when they realized they had to use up reImbursements from last week. Had they run the enduros, many people would have gotten in with their pass from last week and watched the show for free. So they had to wipe the slate before the enduros run. So enduros are shorted on a race and there ares now only 5 train races, instead of 6. Time to go to Mountain! :mad:

Imperialblues
05-02-2005, 09:02 PM
It's a shame that the owners don't have a clue as to whats going on there. I remember a few years back when it rained pretty hard for a while, they had fig-8,blunderbusts and demo guys dry out the track. After which they cancelled the fig-8 and demo.[well, backwards race at that night.] It's too bad that they don't appreciate the guys who use their gas and tires to get their show in. [Oh, by the way. A fig-8 guy got a flat in a $65 tire that nite.]

LongIslandJam
05-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Nobandwagon,

I'm sorry to break it to you, but those on the list who have pit passes from second practice are eligible to use them still for this upcoming Saturday.

So, that thinking is out.

This past weekend was just a crappy weekend for racing for everyone. Should the raindate been better scheduled. YES. I think there's no argument on that. But mistakes happen, and no one's perfect.

A practice for the loyal stock car contingent was the best scenario under the circumstances. With bad weather, turnout wouldn't have been great anyway.

Let's hope Mother Nature is a bit more happier this weekend and we all dance our anti-rain dances...

fastgal
05-03-2005, 07:35 AM
hate to say it but with only 10 enduro cars there sun morning and probably 60 or so stock cars what do you think the track would do at 9:30 in the morning. the track owners wanted to shut down while bill and the competitors stayed and some dried the track