PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Boy Does it Again...

Mortgage Guy
05-01-2005, 03:47 PM
All I have to say is nice move Jimmie Johnson....way to take out 1/2 of the field...LOSER

WEEZER
05-01-2005, 03:54 PM
It looked to me that the 8 lifted the 4 up bumpdrafting and turned him into the 48, too bad for Mike Wallace. Good thing the racing was cancelled on this beautiful day, so I could stay home and watch the race!!

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Just watched 4 times and Jimmie's squirrelyness hit Mike's front, didn't see anyone tap Jimmie to cause it but himself being erratic. RESTRICTOR PLATE RACING, OPEN THE BABIES UP AND STRENGTHEN THE CARS!!!!

unowho243
05-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow some of you people just love blaming other people for things dont you.
Jimmie got loose, it happens! GET OVER IT Personally JR. shouldn't have been bump drafting him in the tri-oval. Yeah he'S real bright! Just like he took out Vickers at Las Vegas! :mad:

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 04:06 PM
woohooo, a Jimmie fan!!!!! LOL There musta been an M&M on the track!!! Nothing for nothing, but I like Jimmie, notice I didn't call him any names!!! And to clarify, I didn't say he did it on purpose!!!
UPDATE: Watch skycam, Jimmie clearly tried to get into lane when he shouldn't have.

unowho243
05-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm not just a Jimmie fan I'm also a Sadler, Riggs, Newman, Harvick, Kahne, and Rusty fan.

BOWATCHER
05-01-2005, 04:14 PM
It sure would be nice if Rgee was at Dega with that camera!!!!!

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Funny, Broz asked me if anyone needed tickets for the show too!!!!

Mortgage Guy
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Listen, Uno....It's not that I hate Johnson, you know who I like (way to go Schrader) but come on.....The last 3-4 weeks he has been around the wreck and has caused a lot of them, with no reprimand....Talladega, is ALL ABOUT BUMP DRAFTING...Jr did it on the straightaway, and pushed Mike Wallace near JJ, but God forbid some one is going to pass him, so he moved up the track and took out the whole field....WATCH THE REPLAY

Mortgage Guy
05-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Now he bounced it off the wall (with no help) and took out the rest of the field....Great job by the point leader...In the end, it worked great for my old favorite Mr Schrader, but someone needs to speak to Jimmie Johnson...His attitude is starting to look like, if you can't beat em, wreck em....

Golf Guy
05-01-2005, 08:41 PM
You guy's wear Earnhardt colored glasses, this is how Fox Sport Net reports the accident:
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) - It started with a little push by Dale Earnhardt Jr., really nothing more than a love tap at 190 mph to the rear bumper of Mike Wallace's car.
You don't like the guy ok, but when someone is on top, everyone has to try and find a reason to knock them down...

Mortgage Guy
05-01-2005, 09:11 PM
HELLO, did you watch the race, did you see Jimmie Johnson cause about 30 cars to be damaged????? He keeps walking away without anyone saying anything and then they interview him and he knows nothing, but he caused it all.....Come on Mr Golf...Watch the replays and you can see it as plain as day...I hate Jr, it's annoying to me how much press they give him (even when he is running 40th), but you need to place the blame where it belongs...Last week JJ took out 9 cars and today he wrecked about 30, and he still leaves with the point lead....Just watch the replay and you can't help but agree...The tape doesn't lie...

Golf Guy
05-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Here is how it is reported on ESPN:

Earnhardt, battling toward the rear of the top 10, nudged the rear of Mike Wallace's car on lap 133 as the cars headed toward turn one. Wallace then came together with Johnson and slid sideways, setting off a melee that eventually involved more than half the 43-car field.

All I am writing is that I didn't see this as all Johnson's fault, and neither does any news reporting agency that I have read about it?

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Watch skycam shot. Jimmie clearly slid up into other lane, possibly from being loose, when he shouldn't have and got squirrelly and his rear hit Mike's front corner. As I said above, I like Jimmie and not calling him any names, but I do think it was his fault, non-intentionally. And, of course, only my opinion from what I saw, over 'n' over again....skycam sold me.

NEWS ITEM: All news sites state: "The sky is falling". Now does this mean it's true?

Wheel Racing
05-01-2005, 11:09 PM
This is great. A whole thread bashing JJ and I haven't had to say a word. Maybe he really is a problem after all. The issue I have with JJ is that he acts like the other drivers on the track should feel privileged to race with him and get out of his way when he decides he's had enough. I guess others (excluding Nascar) are starting to see it my way. Best line of the day came from JR about JJ on the in-car radio, "he needs a tissue for his issues". It's a shame he contributed in taking out so many cars today, but at that rate, he will sew up the championship. Just wreck enough cars so that you can accumulate top 10 points each week.

Jeff T
05-01-2005, 11:29 PM
As I see it, Johnson moved up and hit Mike Wallace. Was it intentional or a mistake? We'll never know because JJ will never give you a straight answer.
When they asked him about the second incident, he was pretty non committal about that too. He said that he got squeezed, but there was a lot of stuff going on in front of him. If Mister Johnson has made a few mistakes recently (intentional or not), he should go by the example Joe Nemechek set yesterday in the Busch race. Saying "I'm Sorry I made a mistake" goes much further than passing the buck, playing dumb, or just out and out blaming someone else.
As for the comments made by the commentating staff about JR bumping Wallace, please remember that these are the same "professionals" at one point in the broadcast made the comment that Adam "Sandler" was no relation to Elliott "Sadler", and then realized 2 laps later that they didn't even have the same last names. Pretty pitifull if you ask me.

RGeeProductions
05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
BINGO!!! TY Jeff...Broadcaster comment...

allhailunc
05-02-2005, 05:33 AM
It is amazing all the different viewpoints as to what happened, so I might as well add mine. From the various views that were shown, and there were many, Jr was all over Mike's rear, as Mortgageguy so aptly put it. Talladega=bump draft racing. The new "cry baby" on the block (someone has to replace Rusty now the he's retiring) clearly came up on Mike (whether intentional or not, we'll never know_please hand JJ some Kleenex). This is what caused the "big one". Also, if many of you had been listening to the broadcast at first, Moe, Larry & Numbnutz were putting the whole blame on Jr, but after they actually had the opportunity to view every camera angle, they did change their initial observation. I'm not defending Jr, for he, like his dad (God bless you Dale) is known to be aggressive (can't be candy-assed out there or they will eat you alive). JJ is fastly gaining quite a fan club out there with is style also. Just my observation.

maestri fan 1
05-02-2005, 11:08 AM
The big wreck can't be blamed on anyone. It was just the course of events that made it happen. M. Wallace came down on Jimmie and then JR. bumped him and he went into Riggs and then Boom, wreck. And the incident on the backstretch was simply Jimmie trying to get to the front. He brushed the wall and came down on, I think Harvick, and boom another wreck.

art11758
05-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I watched the last three laps. I saw the replays. I was at the PBR show at the Nassau Coliseum. (some really big power there) Plate racing isn't my cup of tea. Rather than another expensive new engine package, why not the same engine rules at the rest of the big tracks. The same aero junk, blah, blah, with one rule change. A narrower tire. Let them make all the horsepower they can. Then the guy with the biggest "stones" and the best handling car will get to the front. The crash magnets will still wreck themselves (and a few others) and it should be watchable. It should be racing, not the thing you see now. Yes, stock cars over 200 are dangerous, so slow them down with a fair and equitable restriction. And I think a narrower tire is just that. And if JJ still is a hazard, it will be no one's fault but his own. The team in booth is.... just bad. While Bob Jenkins had his faults, Benny kept him in line.

Wheel Racing
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Great comments by both JR and Biffle about JJ on the main page of Nascar.com today. They both explain their perception of JJ antics this past weekend. Hey I just may have to go a little easier on Biffle this week. Great comments.

WJ any chance to put the link up for me???

Sure: www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/05/04/dearnhardtjr.jjohnson/index.html It works nicely, takes you right there, LOL. Good story, thanks for the heads up. WJ