PDA

View Full Version : Would Be Nice If

PARTSGUY
05-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if Riverhead Raceway had an uptodate website where you could find information quickly, as opposed to a phone line that's busy for 2 1/2 hours due to heavy volume, unlike the LI JAM, where I had to get my info on Sunday's racing?

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to get ahold of somebody at the track, so that you would know when the "practice" was ending yesterday, so that I would know if I should drive 50 minutes with my car, get there, and find out that I could only do 10 laps?

Wouldn't it be nice if Riverhead invested in quality pump/drainage system so that when it rains the night before a show, and you know the infield is going to flood, the track can keep up with the amouNt of water and keep on top of it?

oh well!!

LongIslandJam
05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
You make solid points, but you got to remember the following:

1) The office can handle only so much. You are correct. However, from my understanding the Riverhead Raceway website is unable to be updated in a real-time fashion due to their webmaster. However it should be your source for the "official" releases from the track.

2) We at the Jam are continously trying to work with Riverhead officials and management to provide you guys with updated information. Sometimes its not easy for us as we all lead busy lives, but we try our best. We hope to continue growing our relationship with the track to provide you the best information in trying times so that you guys can get quick, accurate, and official info.

3) As far as drainage problems, I'm sure it costs big money to invest in that. I am not aware of any track which has great drainage. Many of these tracks were designed long ago and do not have the technology we have today. To create better drainage would mean a huge undertaking.

Hope this clears up some of your frustrations. I understand that this weekend was frustrating, but hopefully with a better understanding of the whole situation, it can ease your racing fever woes.

debbie33
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I was at the track on Saturday and people were signing in at the back gate and track personel were at the back gate, but if you called the Riverhead number they told you it was called for the day. The back gate staff had no idea it was called for the day.

racing#s
05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
All I have to say is thanks for the jam......its a great information bank,almost instant information when needed.

Bonestock
05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
There is not too much they can do about the drainage because of a creek that runs under the track. It starts north/east of Applebee's, heads South under the track, then runs along the East side of the pits towards the Peconic river.

hollywoodmic
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
The JAM has us. Riverhead Raceway's website does not. They don't have a message board to get the info out. Myself and the Mortgage Guy post things from Bob Finan or Billy D. two minutes after they get the info. I don't call them, they call us. Why?? because they know people can interact and get the info of this site. They do look out for the competitor when it comes to matters like this. Think of how many people must have been calling there, they do the best with what they have. I thank them for having a place for the PARTSGUY to bit*h about. I also thank the JAM for always working with the Head in trying and doing your best to get all the info out that you can.

allhailunc
05-03-2005, 05:34 AM
not to add fuel to this fire but I called at about 11 and got the usual "no one told us we're closed yet". It is great, though, that we do have this forum & guys like Mortgageguy & Hollywood&others that can inform us. :)

Jones44
05-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Might I ask, when did they (Riverhead Officials) decide to amend the Sunday schedule to add the practice for NASCAR divisions? I didn't go anyway, but I didn't find out until after the fact, so I couldn't have gone even if I wanted to. Got no indication of the schedule change from the track's hotline (unless they changed the information on the hotline after we called saturday). People without internet access would have been totally clueless unless a friend passed the info along....

Mortgage Guy
05-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Jones, it was pouring on Sunday morning also if you remember...They were going to scrap the hole day again and then they got a break in the weather so they rushed to put something together and have some kind of practice for the weekly racers...I'm sure there last thought was to worry about the answering machine..Don't forget, warm ups is for the drivers not the fans..Don't you think if it was for the fans they would charge you??? It's free, so I'm sure they were just flying by the seat of their pants. I for one am just glad that some of the guys who didn't make the first warmup got a chance to hit the track before opening night...

LongIslandJam
05-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Jones44,

NASCAR Stock Car Practice for Sunday was announced right after the rain out on Saturday.

Mortgage Guy
05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
That info came directly from Bob Finan as they cancelled the practice...So we have some pull here, LOL

Jones44
05-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Well that explains it LOL. The last time I called the track (around 11 AM) they were still planning on running the show. I knew it was cancelled for saturday when I saw a trailer heading back west on sunrise highway. But thumbs up anyway to management for giving the weekly racers one more shot at getting some hot laps before the season (hopefully) starts on the 7th.