PDA

View Full Version : editing again

ladydriver
05-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Why did you edit half of what was said? please warren (who is Warren???)don't take out things that people write. We are all unhappy here and this is where we are supposed to be able to vent!! All I am going to say is, "Billy do the right thing"!!! alot (A LOT-two words) of people are out money that they deserve and points too!!! He shouldn't have been paid and credited for the win. The car was illegal and should not have been allowed to run at all!!! But from what I here (HEAR???), it('S) probally (PROBABLY???) too late to protest!!! Nobody is bashing, we all want what's right!!!! :confused:
rick

(Corrections by Walter J.)

2j Late Model
05-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Sorry Billy, but I have to go with Rick on this one. All of us spend the money to make the cars go as fast as they can, but stay in the rules. As I sit back and think about it, BEcause of him, it kept me out of the top five two weeks ago, and out of second this past week. I have spent a lot of time and money to make my cars much better this year, and it shows. Rules are to keep the cars just about equal right, if not what are rules for? Is all this stuff true? I really hope not,

Jason 2j

W. Johnston
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
One more time: T A K E Y O U R C O M P L A I N T T O T H E T R A C K. I F Y O U N E E D T H E I R E - M A I L O R P H O N E N U M B E R , C H E C K T H E I R W E B S I T E. Is that in plain enough English for you??? :mad:

It's interesting to note that some people feel this has happened 2 weeks in a row, yet no one has put up a protest??? :*-(

2j Late Model
05-04-2005, 10:56 AM
No one knew about it till this past week, but it never should of (HAVE?) been let go for two weeks in my eyes. Rules are rules right. I understand that he built the motor to run in New York, but the track closed and that sucks. That shouldn't mean that Mountain Speedway should change theIR rules to make up for it. I love the speedway and the people there, but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. I did something wrong once that gave me NO advantage on the track and I got my a$$ chewed out by Joe C. I spoke to a few Late Model drivers last night, and they are freakin' out over this whole thing. Well I guess we will have to see what Friday brings right?????

Jason 2j

bs4283
05-04-2005, 01:16 PM
This doesn't go with the complaint about the late model, but I thought the point of having a forum was to get people's opinions...? Why have a message board if people can't ask questions & discuss things?

W. Johnston
05-04-2005, 01:19 PM
There is a big difference between discussion and accusations, which have been pointed at a certain race team.
Look at it this way: would you want anyone to be able to say whatever they want, unchallenged, about you??? That's the criteria to be met. Discussion about race topics, fine. Accusing someone without proof, not fine. If someone protests the team in question at the track, and they are found to be illegal, we'd allow limited discussion about that.
I hope all now understand the difference.

RGeeProductions
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
DAMN WJ !! Was writing this when you posted, LOL.

Opinions, yes. Accusations, NO! To me, the way this was presented should not be here but to track officials. Reasonable discussions are good, but, pointing fingers and claiming things HERE isn't the way to accomplish anything. This site has stated before that there has to be something to back up what's said. I have only seen 1 person post he saw this and was 30' away! I would suggest email at the tracks website first and ask questions or possibly email BillyB, which you can thru here.

2crew
05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Just my opinion, but crew and racers should not have to protest a car to have the tech department do the right thing and say, "Hey, you have EFI and I am sorry, but that is not allowed here at Mountain Speedway. If you still want to race, change it and come back over to get your sticker". Hey, as far as I am concerned, for example, puff every motor on opening day and every so often to show that the tech department is watching.

I understand that we like high car counts, but this is not the way to do it. We are talking about a car that has a drastic advantage over the rest of the field.

Myself, as an official, would have sent the car off the track after he decided that the restarts started when the flagger gave the one to go sign and then when he, from my view, pushed a lapped car into a spin and caused the caution when the lapped car was hugging the bottom and there was no other car anywhere near him.

Again, just my opinion, and if someone wants to defend themselves from anything that was said on the forum, then log on and let the games begin. :D

ladydriver
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
As far as the guy who saw it from 30 ft away, he does have (has???) great vision and he knows what he saw!!! It's hard to complain to the track when know (no???) one will answer the phone!!! Well guess what, RGEEEPRODUCTIONS, I finally got ahold of JOE CALIVINI himself and he said, and I quote, "I know he had it and he was going to straighten it out". So as far as you guys defending him, stop it, we all know he was illegal and as far as a protest, we are all doing it now!!! THE CAR SHOULD NOT HAVE PASSED INITIAL TECH AND, SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO COMPETE!!! PERIOD!!! :mad: THE REASON WHY I AM SO P.O.'ED ABOUT IT IS BECAUSE WE FINISHED 2ND!!! We got screwed out of $400. , points and the win!!!!!!! YOU WOULD BE TOo , RIGHT!!!! :mad:

RGeeProductions
05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
To clarify my position. I am not 'defending' anyone at all. I do not know any officials at Mountain and have only chatted with BillyB a few times about some website graphics. My comment was toward forum posts only and technicalities with the track should be taken up with the track, AND THAT'S ALL...

2crew
05-04-2005, 05:44 PM
The track should give every driver the points and money for the next position since they let this person race after they (the track) knowingly let him pass the tech inspection with parts not legal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ladydriver
05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
2 Crew, I have to agree with you, too.

W. Johnston
05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
(Point 1)Just my opinion, but crew and racers should not have to protest a car to have the tech department do the right thing and say, "Hey, you have EFI and I am sorry, but that is not allowed here at Mountain Speedway. If you still want to race, change it and come back over to get your sticker". Hey, as far as I am concerned, for example, puff every motor on opening day and every so often to show that the tech department is watching.

(Point 2) Again, just my opinion, and if someone wants to defend themselves from anything that was said on the forum, then log on and let the games begin. :D

Point 1. You are correct, if it is as blatant as you say, a protest shouldn't be needed to get something done.
However, do you know how much time it would take to do what you propose (puff each car?)? Think that might be the reason it ISN'T done. Every so often is the way most track do it, usually top 3 and random finisher. I don't know Mountains policy, but I'm sure Billy B would gladly answer, if you take the time to ask him.

Point 2. This is exactly what no one needs. Better to do it in person, to a track official, than to sling mud at each other anonymously, and really accomplish nothing. One last time: opinion, YES, accusation NO. We do know the difference.

spier racing 93
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
WARREN! LMAO! :lol: :lol:

RGeeProductions
05-04-2005, 09:56 PM
OFF TOPIC: TY??? Where is your website??? A lot of construction going on, huh???

2crew
05-05-2005, 08:49 AM
WJ, I see your point, but I don't think that the track should let people go because they are on a time restriction. COME ON. I have never done it, but I do think that all you would need to do is pull a spark plug out of one cylinder and attach a gauge. If I am wrong, please correct me. If you need to see if someone has EFI, then just lift the hood. You know the 30 seconds that it takes to do that, I dont even know if they pulled our hoods up when they teched our cars on the first day, but I could be wrong.

LongIslandJam
05-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Read Billy's Statement in the Late Model section. That sums it up.

W. Johnston
05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but bring your hankies for reading the replies, there is much weeping over this going on there. :*-( :*-( :*-(

NJ Chick
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
WJ, You must have stock in Sunoco or something, because you sure do love to add fuel to the fire! :mad: I don't think people who are legitimately upset over something need to hear snide comments from someone who is over 100 miles away and has nothing to do with Mountain Speedway! Stick to grammar and punctuation, go eat a bran muffin and lose the attitude!

LongIslandJam
05-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Ok here's the deal folks...

#1) In regard to the original reason why this topic was posted. We do not post false accusations or allow them to stand. As witnessed from the whole LM fiasco, when you deal with the authorities directly you seem to get a better result don't you? :confused:

#2) If you do not wish to be edited, you can be put on our list of screennames which do not wish to be edited. It's simple as that. To do so e-mail forums@racerhub.com with subject DO NOT EDIT and your screenname. Keep in mind 2 things. Your e-mail must match your screenname and you will not be edited for grammer and spelling. Content wise you still may be edited if need be.

#3) Walter is a member of RacerHub and RacerHub has a vested interest in Mountain Speedway through PoconoThunder.com. His hard work and dedication should be commended and sometimes you guys are not keen on criticism and then it snowballs from a simple attitude to this full onsalught.

On a side note, finding help is not easy. Not many people are willing to volunteer their time to monitor the forums 24/7. Hell it took us at RacerHub 3 years before we got a volunteer to form PoconoThunder.com to help promote you guys. If you would like to volunteer to help, feel free to e-mail me and we will consider you. Please be advised though... We do have high standards for our volunteers. We don't appreciate those who just hang on for the ride. We don't appreciate those that lack responsibility. And we especially don't appreciate those who fail to represent the sport in a postitive manner and deal with people directly.

On that note, this case is closed, any if anyone would like to discuss this with me, e-mail me and you can have my number.