PDA

View Full Version : Racin Rich

PARTSGUY
05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey Rich, what's your prediction for grand car counts on the 29th? I know of at least to (TWO??) cars that haven't practiced, but will be there and any info on who was there last week?

gzenduro12
05-04-2005, 08:52 PM
There are 22 grand drivers registered on the Jam's Grand Enduro roster.
I have been to two practice sessions with my car, and out of the 22 registered drivers, I have seen 8 of those cars practicing.
I also practiced with some grand cars that are not registered on the jam:
#55, #17, #28, #42, #21 (Cesar C.) and #15 (Ralph Z). I'm sure Ralph S. will be running, but I did not see him at either practice, and he is not registered on the Jam's Grand Enduro roster. I know Kevin McCarthy is in the final stages of his new Grand car. That brings my count up to 16 cars.
At practice on Sunday, I heard one of the women at the window say there were only 14 Grand cars registered for the race that was supposed to take place on the 1st!?
I wonder if they will determine the length of our Grand race by the # of entrants. Last year, for every grand car registered to race, there were two laps. Our races were always about 60 laps with a 30 car field. There were 5 Grand cars practicing on Sunday.
Greg Z #12

LongIslandJam
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Ralph is on the roster and always has been. He's the #4 this year.

Also keep in mind, the Grand Enduro roster on the Jam is unofficial. We try our best to keep it up-to-date, and we rely on you guys to help us out to do so.

gzenduro12
05-04-2005, 09:48 PM
My mistake, I was looking for Ralph S. as #45. Anyone have more info. on the # of grands we will see this year?

Rich Johnson
05-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I gave Ralph a block to build recently...Unless his engine builder is Superman, I don't think he will be ready in time.
It's hard to say how many will show up next race.
Early races have had a lower car count for a while now.
Hopefully, warmer weather and the smell of racing fuel will draw out the hold outs. I have some extra used tires if that would help anyone.

RACINRICH