PDA

View Full Version : Here's the deal...

NEETS-1
05-04-2005, 09:46 PM
In talking to Gary, I found that he has allowed this (as is his priviledge, according to the rules). The 37 car has a (no protest needed Rick) 415hp Schwanke fuel inj. motor in it (Tioga rules). He was told to come down and try it with our cars and will be tuned or de-tuned according to his times and finishes. The motor did not win that race...4 sticker tires and a 20+ year veteran of Evergreen speedway won it. If you remember, our drivers went to Tioga with our 2bbl carbs and kicked butt against these motors....so with that thought...would you not have thought they would be pretty even or at a disadvantage? Gary has told me that he will be choked down this week because of his finish and will continue to choke him down until he gets his aspirated motor done to meet our rules. This type of trial has been done in all classes every year that Evergreen Speedway has been in operation. Most drivers did not complain because the "other" cars did not fair well. It looks like when they do, is the only time you will hear any complaints.
Let me ask you this Rick...Do you remember calling us the first time with your truck??? We had no truck divisions and the rules plainly stated..."NO TRUCKS" and no fabricated frames in the Pro-stocks. We bent for you and gave you a place to race and call home. And your finishes were top 5. I thought you wanted to see Mountain not only survive...but flourish???
Here is my personal point of view on subjects as this....Mountain has had 2 bad years in a row. The question is...Do you want our track to close? With all the tracks around us closing, and drivers with cars looking for a place to go...it is either we get them or another track!!!!! We HAVE to do good this year. With this, we have to bend a little. Don't forget...these tracks closed AFTER we set our rules and were not warned that there was no place for them to go until a few weeks before the season. These cars ARE making changes to our rules. Who is to say we cannot make this work...or even allow something like this motor package with some kind of percentage penalty if in fact, it is better. I think a 1 year guaranteed, $8,800 motor you do not touch for 3 years with a $2,000 re-build cost (do the math...10,800 divided by 3 = $3,600 per year) is way better than a $15 or $20,000 initial cost with a $4,000 re-build cost ($27,000 to $32,000). There is also an SS version that costs half as much with the same guarantee.
Not to change the subject, but what do you want me to do when Wall closes at half season??? Do you want more cars or do you want to race 6, 8, or at most, 10 other guys so you know you will qualify??? This was the fans complaint over the last few years. Hopefully they will wait until the season is over to end it....but things do not look good for them, I'm sorry to say.
I tell you I am going to pick everything up....I am going to do it.
The fans deserve a show...I want to give them full fields. Full fields and full pits gives you back more...plus improvements to the track, more advertising, more prestige in the racing community, etc.
Give this a week or two....then we'll take it from there. As for now, let's try and get Mountain on the top of it's game where it belongs.
The only wrong doing here was, I think it should of been announced that they were trying this, but the general thought was it was going to be a backmarker. Please have some faith in our tech area to even things out.
Thanx, BillyB.

NEETS-1
05-08-2005, 12:17 AM
After going around and personally talking to many of the LM drivers, it seems there is no beef w/ this Schwanke motor package (with the exception of 2 people and 1 of them inquired about buying this motor) and all agree that we should be doing something to bring more cars to our speedway. The drivers now have a better understanding of the package after Gary explained it to them in the meeting.
There were other items dicussed in the LM meeting with the result being that fab clip cars $150 max shock rule was done away with.
Pre '05 Pro stock legal cars may run a 650 cfm Holley 4bbl on any aluminum intake.
There will be a change in right side tires to save the drivers money in the next few weeks and will be announced when we can make them available to all. The projected tire will be the 1070 Hoosier.
This information will be made into an amendment in the rules and placed on the tracks website.

LM13
05-08-2005, 01:58 AM
You never talked to me "personally". LOL
Phil

NEETS-1
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I didn't have to...you made your thoughts publicly known on the forum, private message, e-mail, and chat room...besides you told me you were not going to be there. I didn't know you were there until the LM drivers meeting, lol.

NEETS-1
05-08-2005, 08:24 PM
This thread is closed