PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with the weather forecast

DriveitinDeep
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
High winds & rain again for Saturday. We need a dome. This really SUCKS

allhailunc
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Either that or snorkels, periscopes & rubbers (lol). weather.com says weather is going to "suck" this Saturday. Foxwoods, here I come.

BBWIFE
05-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Weather channel says wind and rain all day and channel 7 just said at noon that the rain should be ending Saturday am....clearing for the afternoon..... :confused: guess we shall see....... :rolleyes:

racing#s
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
How cool would a Riverhead track-web cam be ? On raceday we could click some buttons and instantly see how the weather is at & on the track. I'm able to look into the DEI fabrication shop, and also watch pit stops at DEI's racecar shop (only if you are a DEI club member though...).

Imperialblues
05-05-2005, 07:53 PM
You don't need a web cam. Just better communication between the track office and the track itself. I would think that they would try like hell to get the show in if they can. It's been so bad that I can't even get out to golf!!

Golf Guy
05-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Did someone say golf?

allhailunc
05-06-2005, 05:31 AM
golf is such a silly sport. think of it. in baseball, you hit the ball as far as you can and make some dumb SOB chase it. In football you run with the ball and make some dumb SOB chase you, but in golf you hit the ball 300 yards and guess who the dumb SOB is that goes after it? :lol: make it more interesting like "full contact golf" or do a hole-drink a beer-something to liven the game up. :applause: all kidding aside, just checked both weather.com & Accuweather and unless you are running the USS Nautilus, looks like it's going to be indoor sports.

Golf Guy
05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
with that analogy then bowlers would have to be the smartest people in all of sports as they have a machine bring back their balls. Now not to knock bowling, but no rocket scientist are hanging out at our local alley's!
Getting back to the weather, it was supposed to rain last friday and it was nice out, you never know with the weather. Hopefully it will move thru the area sooner or delay and come on Monday?

allhailunc
05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
actually the dumbest in sports cause they keep throwing their balls away :lol:

Jones44
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Actually, baseball is the dumbest sport, if you go by what the ancient philosopher Confucius said: "Baseball have it all wrong- man with four balls can not walk" :lol: