PDA

View Full Version : The Name Game

Geno
05-05-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, here we go. Typically, when I can’t pronounce someone’s name, I just go ask him or her. But, with the switch to Friday nights, I’m not sure if I’ll have enough time to get around the pits before warm-ups. So, my idea is to ask you for some pronunciation help!

Here are a few examples:
Makarewicz…pronounced Mack-a-rev-itch
Ostrowski…pronounced O-straw-ski
Grocholski is Grow-hole-ski (took me 6 mos. for this one!)
Brittain is Brit-ane
Bott is Bott :lol:

Get it? Good!

Now, I need help with Sherer, Pecko (Peek-O, or Peck-O?), Labadia and Sitarchyk :eek:

Thanks for your help! Next week I’ll even spell them correctly!

Geno :wave:

2j Late Model
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey Geno,

Those names you have there are pretty easy to say except for "Bott". Don't worry about it, your doing a great job. You walked into a big deal, and your pulling it off just fine. It's nice that your doing different things this year. For example your "Fast Track" I think that is a really good idea. Someday maybe I'll be there. The dame girl bet me at something again. Time for alittle less air pressure next week. LOL

Jason 2j

brittainfan
05-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Actually... Brittain isnt Brit - ane...
Its pronouced just like the overseas country... Britain.
or... Brit - tin.....

I know, I know... just when you thought you had the easy
ones down pat! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

88racer
05-05-2005, 06:29 PM
:wave: :mad: (Jake likes this one and wanted me to use it)

Now onto the important stuff, like our name it's zEIgler, not wait it's zIEgler, or is it................ :help: :confused: :eek: lol

Sorry, couldn't resist! :-B :lol:

Sue ZIEgler

Geno
05-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Now, that's what I'm talkin about! Thanks. :D

WJ-I'll spend 10 minutes, but will also forget who I'm looking for! :-B

richardpetey
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
With that P.A. sytem, the Gettysburg Address would sound like a half-hour stint on Pee-Wee's playhouse.................................. :eek:
Just lip-sync G-note.................. :drool:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
05-05-2005, 10:04 PM
The new PA system is half installed today....he is supposed to come back Friday afternoon to finish.
My next venture is to put on the wig and waders and make the trek up to the grandstand female duty room and see what it needs to make it fit for human consdumption.

Lori/39x
05-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Geno :wave:

Shawn says his last name as: si-TAR-chic.

I always thought our last name was pretty simple too, but those darned telemarketers sure do louse it up. That's ok- when they do that, I'm never home :rolleyes:

Happy Announcing Buddy!
Lori

wishbone#76
05-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Geno, its pronounced like it is spelled...La BAY di a....see ya in the pits