PDA

View Full Version : Caution Laps

Busted Knuckles
05-05-2005, 04:45 PM
After finally having my fingers thaw out, I just wanted to express my thoughts about the 90 or so caution laps in the Modified race this past Sunday. It was very sad. Here's a suggestion - if an incident brings out the caution, causing maintenance to be done on the track, then there really is no control over the amount of laps it may take but if all cars are able to move along on their own power, I feel with the transponder system we have, there should be no reason why cars can not get lined back up within 3 to 4 laps. Have the main flag guy come down on the track and line the cars up as they go by, just like Big Diamond does. If you are rounding the fifth lap of caution and you have a few uncooperative - helmet heads that do not want to get into position, black flag their a$$. I understand Joe C. wants to put time restraint on races and that is just not fair to the drivers and the fans that came to see a night of hair raising action.
I believe this is a very easy solution that could make the night go smoother and not have to watch a 30-35 lap race go 100 laps and take 2 hours. No one can control cautions. Cautions mean drivers are being aggressive or stupid, depending on how you look at it. Fans come to see cars hit the wall and paint being swapped. Give it some thought!!!