PDA

View Full Version : A question for Billy about getting my new motor.

LM13
05-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok Billy, here goes. I need to know this tonight. Is the motor in the 37 legal or illegal? If it's legal what is it and where do I get one? I can't come back to race until I know the answer. I need a motor and if the rules are being changed then before I make any moves and spend my money I want to know all my options. I have to know how you plan on "choking down" my new fuel injected motor. Does it have Vortex Heads because I have a fab clip and in the rules I'm only allowed Bow tie heads. Can I run my 18 degree tour Mod motor this weekend with a 390 carb on it until my "crate" motor gets here? I guess I'll wait to race again until you make up your mind. So you gained one car and lost one car. You broke even. You see I can't race and spend my money until I know the answers to these questions. I'm not trying to be a hard *** but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here. It costs to much money for me to make the wrong moves and buy the wrong things at this time. Until my options are on paper I'm going to sit this one out. I understand you want to put cars on the track and I want to be there but I'm not going to be able to until I know what I can have and what I can't. Right now it doesn't make sense to me that I have to build a motor according to the rule book when someone else can run what they brung. I have motors laying around that don't fit the rules that will drop into my car today but I've been dq'ed before and I don't understand why you can't change the rules for me to run this weekend but the 37 can. He can spend his money on a motor that fits our rules just like I have to spend my money to fit them. To be very honest about the whole thing, I got to watch the race from lap 8 on in the stands and the 37 didn't really impress me [only talking about motor not driver} but rules are rules. He should have started in the back, only got money to take the green {100 dollars} no matter where he finished and he should have collected last place points. It should be this way for him every time he comes to the track until he has a motor that fits the rules. That way he could still race and nobody feels they are getting cheated. I feel this is the answer to all the bad feeling that are going around. I feel this is the answer to any new car that shows up and wants to run but does fit the rule book. When Wall closes and you want new cars, let them run, pay them last place money and points etc. until they show up with a legal car. That way the track keeps the drivers, fans etc happy and nobody feels cheated. Think about it and get back to my with my answer about my motor. I need to know before the weekend so I can get started working on coming back. :D
Phil
#13 late model