PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Imax

jewels
05-06-2005, 10:12 AM
The NASCAR IMAX movie is coming to the Cradle of Aviation Museum IMAX theatre in Garden City on June 24. The other good news is it can't be rained out.

:)

RGeeProductions
05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

racing#s
05-06-2005, 01:25 PM
It's An Awesome Movie, take Your Kid(s)!!

debbie33
05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
It's a good movie, saw it at the Imax in the Luxor in Vegas.

KickItUp
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
According to the website (IMAX), the Garden City theater is not a 3D theater. Will that really make the *experience* any different? I would like to see it, but would rather see it with all it's features..

broz
05-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I must say KickIt, seeing it in 3D really "adds" to the experience. In fact, I don't understand why they "farm" that picture out to non-3D theatres at all. Movie was intended to be viewed in "3D". Note the title..."NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience" :rolleyes:
Don't drive too far at these ridiculous gas prices. But if you must, you will be entertained to a certain degree. Otherwise just watch the Fox broadcast and "Crank it Up".
Hope that helps :)

racing#s
05-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Broz is right,the 3d imaging adds to the film. For example, in the first 5 minutes, Ryan Newman & passenger (Mike Helton) are on a moonshine run through the woods, being chased by cops in an old coupe. When they're rooster tailing around a turn, the rocks get kicked up at you in 3d, and more than a few people watching in the theatre 'moved' so not to get hit by the rocks & dirt. It looked cool in 3d, but true NASCAR heads will see it anyhow.

debbie33
05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
No doubt it will not be the same if it isn't in 3D. The rocks were cool and so was when a tire comes rolling out at you and you move out of the way so it doesn't hit you.

Jumpingjacswife
05-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to let you know, I bought the Imax Nascar movie. Avon is selling it for $14.99. I havent seen it yet, I'm giving it to my son for his B-day, but it says it has driver profiles, Nascars closest moments, etc. It is digitally re-mastered for TV viewing. Will let you know once we watch it. Cyndi :)