PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ewanitsko

The Bullfather
05-07-2005, 09:43 AM
This from the Modseries.com message board. Great news if he can come back in 2006!

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank everyone for all the nice compliments about my racing career which I hope is not over. To not have been in a modified for over 3 years and to see that there are still friends talking about things that happened on the track when I was driving makes me feel awesome! Now to my health issues, I have cataracts in both eyes that has made my vision quite cloudy. The easiest way to explain it is that it is almost like looking through a cloudy glass of water.The surgery to correct this problem is quite simple these days and should only take about 20 minutes per eye. The prognosis is also very good as the doctor has said my vision should return to 20/20. I am looking to have the surgery done sometime over this summer. One of the hardest things about this whole situation is how much I miss everyone from the racing community. I'm sure that you can all understand that myself being at the track and not driving would be like bringing a 5 year old into a candy store and telling them they can't have anything! With that said I have set a goal that when I return to the track it will be to strap myself into a MODIFIED and RACE. I am hopefully looking to be back for the 2006 season. Once again thanks to everyone and hope to SEE you all very soon at the track.

Sincerely,
Mike Ewanitsko

maestri fan 1
05-09-2005, 08:48 AM
All I can say is good luck with the surgery and I can't wait to see Mike back on the track.

The Bullfather
05-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Good to see Maestri Fan1 Back on the board.

I hope to see Mike E. back in a modifed. The guy was pure talent on the Long Island and around the Northeast tracks. It would have been awesome if he was around racing when, Charlie J and Richie Evans were hauling in the victories.

Imperialblues
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Mike, good luck with the surgery. I pray that you come through with flying colors. I can't wait for you to get back to driving.

DAN D.
05-10-2005, 01:29 AM
being i raced with mike in quarter midgets and even my dad sold him his first quarter midget , which he still has #79 Offy,(and I still have mine #36 Brunnhoelzl) When i spoke with him this past summer at the turn three picnic table he expressed exactly what he wrote now . Like I have stated before I know Mike since I ws 12(33 years)between him, his dad Lou, and his sister it is a great family that is into racing . cant wait to see him back and I always loved the Mike(Ewanisko) and Mike (stefanik) show .. :)

hmmm? I wonder if ther is any correspondence to the #36 that i drove and the # 36 that he chose?

here a picture attached

allhailunc
05-10-2005, 05:27 AM
.My son&I have always respected you both on&off the track and we both wish you the best.You have always treated my son(Jones44) with the greatest of respect when he used to come into the pits after the races and I appreciate that.Although we may only "know" each other by sight if there is anything we both can do to help or if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ring us here.God bless you and here's to hopefully seeing you back on the track real soon. :wave:

Larry Murdock

Captain History
05-16-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope all turns out well with Mike. I watched him for many years and wish him the best......