PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas....

NEETS-1
05-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Now that we have a good PA system, I am looking for non-racing ideas to make our intermission entertaining for the fans. There are many different people that would love to show their talents in front of an audience.
A singer(s), a 2 or 3 piece acoustical guitar group, a comedian, etc,etc.
Do you have any ideas or know someone who would like to participate in a 10/15 minute show for our loyal fans???
Let me know, and I'll surely look into the ones I think the people will enjoy.

LongIslandJam
05-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Do a season-long Mountain Idol! LOL :lol:

BlingxBling
05-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Please what ever you do...don't bring those people back that were trying to do tricks on their bikes and quads...baking your tires and doing wheelies doesn't require talent. It was just stupidity they didn't have the ability to perform a stunt and instead they just would blow $5000-6000 to beat the piss out of their stuff and the crowd wasn't pleased....

mrc21
05-08-2005, 07:19 PM
hey, I'd like to see you go out there and do wheelies. It's not as easy as it looks. Actually, for your information, they all had problems with their bikes. Before you go bashing somebody, actually know what your talkin about. How about you go out theRE and entertain the 20 people that are gonna be in the stands on Friday nights. They have expensive equipment and they didn't have to drive 105 miles to get bashed by you. Actually, I saw people that enjoyed it. Hey Billy, how about have a burnout competition, but with real street cars. I see them all the time down the shore. The people love it.

Geno
05-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Willie my friend…a little FYI, the music played is for all ages…covering 60’s, 70’s 80’s 90’s & yes, top 40.

NEETS-1
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Ideas please!!! Let's keep it on the subject.

ladydriver
05-08-2005, 09:00 PM
At the old fleminGton days, they used to have a driver of the week. They would let the driver/w car go out back of the grandstands and give out trinkets and candy to the little ones. If you won your feature that night, it was an extra 50 bucks, and if you didn,t win, the 50 bucks would roll over and keep getting bigger and bigger!! I saw one pot that acTually got up to 550 bucks before it was won!!! It kinda gives fans a one on one with a driver. just a thought sue :)

pv18
05-10-2005, 08:53 AM
It would be a good way to get the local "hot shots" to come out to the track. You can run all the cars in the same braket and all you need to do is offer a trophy to the winner.

NJ Chick
05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
How about getting the local fire department to come to the track one night? Maybe they could do a little demonstration, give out tips on fire safety issues, let the kids check out the fire truck, etc.

Here's another idea, how about a hot dog eating contest with volunteers from the audience? :lol: Maybe the concession stand could donate the dogs?

:wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
05-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I like the hot dog thingy...maybe I'll finally get to have my banana eating contest....I'll mc it myself. :lol:

clsangel
05-10-2005, 09:57 PM
How about having the Monster Truck back to do a show that was cool to watch. Like you did that one year. :wave: :)

69racer
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I Think It Would Be Cool To Have Some Drivers To Go Out To The Stands Something Like Ladydriver Said.have A Prize Giveaway For The Kids Of Something From The Driver Logos(hat Pins Shirts Cup Ect.)

Geno
05-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Looks like this Friday we have someone that will sing a two or three song set. The guiney pig is Brant Quick. Even though he's young, he's talented.

Heck, I like most of the ideas, except we need something that will only last 10-15 mintues (that's the tuff part w/Friday's). Bring back the trucks? Hell yeah! Only thing is that it would take too long. Maybe it's something to consider for the fall Sunday shows? :confused:

Also, the idea with the drivers in the stands is great. In my opinion, this whole sport is about kids (young & old). Have the drivers go out & gain a few more fans. :applause:

During intermission, I'm in the booth, plunking #'s into the computer for starting positions for feature line-ups. It kind of 'excludes' me from much of anything. However, I have a suspicion that co-promoter, Billy B. may be on the mic from time-to-time announcing them :-B

Geno :wave:

NEETS-1
05-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I like this...lots of ideas. I have a singer for this week (something different).
I'm gonna do the banana eating contest when I see them on the supermarket shelves....The Monster trucks were cool and I enjoyed them myself but they cost a bag of money ($4,000) for just those two. If we could find one that cost less, I'll look into it for a Sunday show.
Fridays are limited on time so 10/15 minute deals are what we need there....I can open it up more for Sundays. I would like to start a "spectator drag" deal every now and then. They are fun to watch and we get the fans participating.
Does anyone know of any clowns?...kids love clowns. I'd like to have them one night w/ free balloons or something.
Keep the ideas coming...they're great.

ladydriver
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
hey billy, i have a few clowns in my pit crew you know who

sue

NJ Chick
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM
How did my hotdogs turn into bananas? YUCK! Sounds like a bad country western song doesn't it? :applause: :lol:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Bonestock
05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Spectator "BURNOUT''contest.
''LEEPIE''contest(no ft.shocks,lift wheels)
Backwards donut contest (front wheel dr.)
''Bake-em till you Break-em''
I'll race you to the water cooler for a nickle.

Busted Knuckles
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Where's the two seater Late Model? Instead of selling chances to win a ride, charge a flat fee. I'd pay $10-$15 for a three lap ride. Not sure what type of liablity is involved just incase the car smacks the wall and the passanger gets his/her head rung. Hell, that ride my be worth $25!!
Or, what about getting 4 track enduro cars together, come up with a flat price and let the fans go out and see what it is all about for a few laps. I'm sure the fans would be all over it!!

spier racing 93
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I like the enduro idea Knuckles.

ccreyer
05-11-2005, 07:22 PM
how about mini atv races, the little 50 cc ones for the kids.

clsangel
05-11-2005, 09:32 PM
:applause: Thank's for the CLOWN remark thats why you keep us around. :applause:

69racer
05-11-2005, 09:33 PM
You Have To Be A Clown In That Pit Crew

Geno
05-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Is there anyone into magic out there? A 10-15 minute magic show would be something different. :confused:

richardpetey
05-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Good idea G...................................... :cool:
After his/her half-time show, send'em over to the tech area.................. :help:
Then we will see how good of a magician they really are, hehe.............. :eek:
UINCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: