PDA

View Full Version : Free.....

racing#s
05-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I know the JAM has classifieds,but there's no section for 'free' items. I have some leftover stuff from my small block days(all Chevy),most off of 350cid's .I have several carburetors(2bbl,4bbl),a few exhaust manifolds a few distributers.I'm probably going to toss them,so if any smallblock dudes want some free stuff let me know.They all came off running but from years ago.Just holla.......

rockandrollcafe
05-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey Racing- I can definitely use a carb or 2. E-mail me and I'll pick them up. Rockandrollcafe@aol.com

stockade racing
05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
hey i can use a carb and distributer let me know how to get them racing my e-mail is stockaderacing (stockaderacing@yahoo.com)

WEEZER
05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Hey stockade, I have one, call me. I lost your number, but the guitar looks cool on the rear quarter panel and where did the forum go on the website mr mail man?? yours truly pickles)))).
by the way, did you hear about the track being sold today for 9 million dollars???

art11758
05-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Sold? Where did that come from?

LongIslandJam
05-13-2005, 10:24 AM
It has NOT been sold, and people have got to stop these vicious rumors. There is no sale on record. I remember 5 years ago everyone thought it was bought by a Home Depot or a Hooters. Only a very ill-informed racefan can think of these rumors, but we can stop the spread of them from damaging the track.

Until there's an actual official word. Don't spread this nonsense. You do more damage by spreading rumors than keeping quiet.

RGeeProductions
05-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I live in Riverhead and news like this would be in local paper or heard through the grapevine WELL before the actual signing of sale. A lot of surveying, which should be easy to tell by new markers, required for a sale of property, would be on bounderies of property. We can ALL check this easily tomorrow. Lowes approached the town awhile ago about the property on the other side of Rt 58. Until this has been officially in the news or Riverhead Raceway makes a statement, I would not believe any of this. Remember, we have had rainouts so far, gets people edgy and then rumors start. Please, unless you have news article, or quoted statement from Cromerty's or Town Board official, refrain from rumors of such magnitude.

UPDATE: I just went to Town Hall, around the corner from my house. Board is in work session so no board member available. Sorry, have to nip this in the butt before it goes haywire.

Richie Grodski

art11758
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks Richie.

Rich Johnson
05-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Every year the rumor mill seems to predict a sale...With only 400 feet of route 58 frontage and many of the "back acres" unbuildable...I could not see 9 mil. being the number. The amount of work going on at the track does not give the appearance of a sale either.

RACINRICH

LongIslandJam
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Just a note about Free Items. We will have a section on the classifieds soon... Normally we just put them with the other classifieds, but if you feel that they should be in a seperate section, then we can do that no problem.

Thanks!