PDA

View Full Version : Help A Racer In Need

Jones44
05-13-2005, 05:52 AM
As I'm sure many of you who watch Speed on fridays know, Morgan Shepherd hasn't even attempted qualifying for many of the Nextel Cup races this year. Why? $$$. Without a major sponsor, he's running low on money and has to pick and choose what races to enter, with cost in mind. Morgan is reaching out to the NASCAR fans and asking for their help in getting/keeping his #89 on the track. Check out http://www.morganshepherd.com and look at the "donations" page. He's even sending out personally signed "thank yous" for gifts of $25, with other gifts for higher donation amounts. I sent in my donation yesterday, I hope some of you out there who were (or still are, like me) Morgan Shepherd fans will help get one of the real nice guys of NASCAR back on track. PS- Don't get confused by all the "Victory For Jesus" references on the site, donations go to the race team, not the church. :)

Wheel Racing
05-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Wow Jones, I thought you were starting a campaign for me!LOL Hey all I need is a crew,sponsorhip $$, and a shop to work on the car and I can get back in the swing of things. If Morgan Shephards cause gets a little too expensive for you, then by all means focus your attention to the return of the #16BB. :wave: We welcome and accept all help!

unowho243
05-13-2005, 04:52 PM
hey Im a racer in need also! If anyone is willing to let a young racer race for them to get some seat time let me know! Im willing to drive any division lol!

allhailunc
05-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Maybe so about his time being past but at least he does attempt to run a full race.not like Jeff"take a lap park the car" Fuller or Kirk"take up space" Shelmerdine or the new "DW" in the busch ranks Steve Grissom.When Morgan does qualify he at least tries his best which is all one can ask.How quickly one can remembers the times when a racer was doing well,but the times ,when they are "hard" we want to forget.At least there are some folks out there that do care about those in need, no matter what the situation. :disgusted

RGeeProductions
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Not sure about this year but Jeff Fuller was only hired to gain spots for starting for the team he drove for. I think he is doing the same this year and he is fully aware of his situation. It is a good place to be, to maybe be seen for a FULL TIME ride.

Mortgage Guy
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm sure if Morgan sold some stuff, he could run a Truck or even a Hooters Pro Cup and be very competitive, why hang on and go out looking weak...Move to where you can afford to race, don't ask the fans...It's different if it was for charity, but now he is just like the TV Evangalists. People who support you now have to pay extra??

catfish
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Here, Here, well stated.

RacinRob
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I think Morgan would really do well in the truck series. No use on him trying to hang on for dear life lol.

Jones44
05-19-2005, 05:47 AM
You know what, I agree with you (on one point) Mortage Guy (wow, twice in one season, forecast must be for snow in Hell LOL). Morgan is out of place in Cup and really should be running trucks or ARCA or something similar where he would be more competitive (unless a major sponsor steps up), but wherever he chooses to run, I'm still a fan and will still support him (even if I don't totally agree with the message he's trying to promote).