PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Results, 05-13-05

Geno
05-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Modified (30 Laps)
Brian Defebo, Rusty Smith, Jim Long, Donny Hartzell, Alan Decker, Earl Paules, Mike Adams, Cal Snyder, Ryan Preece, Tim Santee, Matt Higgins, Dave Pecko, Wayne Szerencsits, Ernie Dengler, Jason Arthofer
Fast Lap: Brian Defebo, 13.493, lap 5

Late Model (25 Laps)
Larry Fisher, Earl Paules, Chris Whitenight, Jason Makarewicz, Barry Callavini, Jason Arthofer, Billy Balliet, Mike Collins, Mike Rodriguez, Jr., Joe Hoffman
Fast Lap: Joes Hoffman, 14.901, lap 6

Street Stock (20 Laps)
Jim Yamelski, Todd Ahner, Frank Katona, Eric Danyluk, Chip Wanamaker, Paul Frantz, Scott Meckes, Brian Labar, John Labadia, Geary Rinehimer, Wayne Medlin, Dan Casicioli, Brad Kline, Rich Smith, DNS: Dennis Buss
Fast Lap: Jim Yamelski, 15.979, lap 16

Thriller (20 Laps)
Bill Price, Howie Bott, Sue Collins, Speedo Jager, Marissa Nelmes, Josh Oswald, Richard Petey, Steve Hoffman, Steve Shultz, Jim White Jr., TJ Rentschler, Tony Hilliard, Steve Taylor, Pat Verwys, DNS: Mark Paine
Fast Lap: Speedo Jager, 16.334, lap 19

Full press release out Saturday.

Geno
05-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Thanks Shultz,

Brad returned his transponder because of engine troubles before the heats. Therefore, he wasn't scored.

Busted Knuckles
05-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Speedo had the fastest lap at 16.334 in the Thriller Division? Are you sure?? He's a cool guy and a descent driver but he dirt tracks the car.

Geno
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I'll check it out later, once I'm home. It does seem more like a SS time, could be a typo (or not)!

Update:
Well, called home & asked my wife to check the score sheets. 16.334 is what it says. The second fastest time is 17.527 (Bill Price).

Speaking of times, Last week in the 4 cyl’s, Pete Verwys also posted the fastest-ever 4 cyl. thriller time, with an 18.4. That is a full second faster than the pole for opening day.

2j Late Model
05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Geno,

There no way Speedo ran a 16.334. Let me revise that, is it possible for a thriller to run a time like that. There are SS that don't run that fast. I guess computers never lie right. LOL See ya's Friday night.

Jason 2j

Busted Knuckles
05-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the update Geno. I still do not believe it - but O.K. If so, maybe that's why he drove past the scales after finishing 4th and then walked back to ask Gary if he needed to be scaled. Maybe I'm on to something or I just watch to much C.S.I. and Law & Order!!

NEETS-1
05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm gonna say it was a 17.334...no way in heck he did a 16.3

Rich Johnson
05-16-2005, 10:06 PM
We are talkin' Bout' SPEEDO....anything is possible.
That is kinda fast though.

RACINRICH

richardpetey
05-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I guess that transponder couldn't take all that beat'en and bang'en.......................... :help:
Maybe, driving at the Speedo-light allowed the transponder to go through the "time tunnel".................... :eek:
All kidding aside, if the #69 was running that fast he would have won the race by 3 laps...................................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY............................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Geno
05-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Here we go:

I received an email from Donette explaining the situation.

During the Thriller feature, there were 3 transponders not working properly.
The scorers entered Speedo’s laps in the system manually as he was crossing the
line. His transponder was only picking up every other lap or so at best.

Due to the transponders not picking up correctly and the manual insertions,
his lap times ARE INACCURATE. The race ended up being scored by hand.

I was unaware & had a print out, which I posted the laps from.

Come to think of it…a lap around Mountain with Speedo would be ‘timeless’, LOL :)

So, although this has been exciting, let’s move on!

See ya’s Friday & thanks to Donette.