PDA

View Full Version : Wild Maniac

speedracer
05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
:mad: Again on opening night, the 00 proceeded to dump the cars in front of him in order to go to the front. Last year, He dumped the 99 and the 1 on his way to try to get to the front. This year, He dumped the 27 and then the 5. From what I saw, the 5 was a total loss. When are track officials going to do something about this? Will it take the 00 puttin someone in the hospital before they actually act and do something about this? Week after week he proceeds to do the same exact thing! Track officials seem to always be blind against a few certain people. Granted, He has a fast car, but he has to learn the faster car must pass on the outside not to push the other cars in front of him, out of the way.
--Disgusted Racefan :disgusted

Imperialblues
05-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I like the way you signed your name. It says it all. It was pretty much of a wreckfest.

WEEZER
05-15-2005, 05:39 PM
I have to agree with speed racer, the 00 dumped the 27 in turn 3 on the 3rd lap
and because of that, it resulted in a few wrecked race cars, what a shame. It was nice how the 27 drove the 00 up into the wall later in the race but he should have finished the job, not just slow him down. I did'nt see what caused the 5 wreck but that car is in need of a lot of work.

JunkYardRacer34
05-15-2005, 08:30 PM
does anyone know what happened to the 00 at the protest?

MalvertyRacing
05-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Boy, If That Was Me, They Wouldn't Think Twice About Throwing The Black Flag. I Guess Kissing A$$ Helps Out A lot. Even Starting In The Front You Still Need To Dump People, wow You're Worse Than Me........let's See, If He Starts In The Back And Gets To The Front...... Not. Take It From Me, I Know The Peterson's, They Will Get Their Revenge. eugene P.s. At Least They're Not Talking About Me.

allhailunc
05-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Dumpfest was more like it.the 00 entertained a few bumpers in the process of making his way up to the front.strange thing,though,is that from what i've seen of that car it's one of the fastest if not the fastest out there so why use the "chrome"?i do agree with a previous post that the actions of the 00 might eventually land someone in the hospital. :(

originalpoet
05-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Result of protest: 00 legal, team collects an extra $200

art11758
05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Seems to me the 00 is always fast out of the box. The grenade has a short fuse though. (or at least it did last year) A little handicapping should slow him down a bit. And I know the 00 knows where the outside groove is. My favorite BB picture is four wide off of 4 with from the bottom to the top the 23,3,87 and waaaaay up top the 00. I have in the past enjoyed the BB features because they are often the cleanest show of the night. Hopefully that will be the case again soon.

What was the specific protest on the 00 anyways?

BTW Eugene, hows Florida treatin' you? I didn't catch you before you left. RT

chris061
05-17-2005, 09:25 PM
hey artie, do you think that tommy spun your brother ? i heard from friends that he was going around already, i am not taking sides, however i hate to see people always looking for things to complain about, like what they do with jr in the mods. i would like to know one FAST car that can come through the field without pushing someone a bit.
ps. artie give me a call
chris busick

LongIslandJam
05-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Just a FYI: Wrong Artie Chris...

Golf Guy
05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
I guess the weather report must be good for this weekend. So instead of complaining about the weather we will all complain about Tommy?

Rich Johnson
05-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I am not a fan of "take outs" .... It gives racing a dirty look ...
It seemed like the 27 was already way sideways when 00 "sent him"
If Tommy would have "checked up" he might have been "sent" Too.
I hope they get over the punt/protest deal and forget about retaliation.
Scott is getting good and he will do even better if he can keep his eye on the ball...Tommy can win a championship if he stays focused...

Peace out...

RACINRICH

crewman
05-17-2005, 11:48 PM
i'd have to say rich is right. the 27 was way sideways before getting punted. i think the 27 should have put the $250 into his car instead of causing a war

originalpoet
05-18-2005, 07:37 AM
I basically saw the same thing, the 27 was 3/4 sideways when Tommy "helped" him the rest of the way... I wouldn't be surprized to see Tommy take the $250 and protest the 27 with his own money...

crazycabsracing
05-18-2005, 08:05 AM
now i know that every one has some pent up aggression,myself included but every division was a wreck fest.being that it was opening night i know alot of teams had new sponsors probably sitting in the stands wanting to see what thier money is really going for.i had three of them. after the race one came to me and said "i thought you guys raced ,that looked like a demo derby" now i got lucky.....VERY LUCKY i made it through the wrecks. the bottom line is alot of fellow competitors AND friends went home on opening night...OPENING NIGHT NO LESS with completly destroyed cars.all they're hard work all winter long, gone in a matter of a few laps. if this is what the season has in store for us it's gonna be a long season :*-(

CheckerWon
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Well said Crazy..... Chris, I didn't see the actual incident, I only know 2 facts ....1- Everyone on my brother's crew and others said Tommy dumped him ... 2- It was mentioned to members of the the crew and others that Tommy said to the 28 car that he better go at the start, because he was gonna push thrOUGH him and the 27 to get to the front .... With that being said, people should understand why the car owner and a lot of other people chipped in $ to protest the 00. I spoke to Jimmy, Tommy's crew chief, briefly and he said we should all try to work this out. I feel that Tommy should use his driving abilities to get to the front, not his BUMPER. He was a part of my rearend getting ripped out of my car opening night last year, but we have raced clean together since then. Good luck to all !!! and I hope everyone can win out there this year....The 27 has a good shot this week if all holds together ..............Thanks!!!!!!!!! P.S. I hope Joe Oliver gets back soon, he has had BAD LUCK.... Artie

crazycabsracing
05-19-2005, 07:05 AM
I don't think Joe Oliver will be back. The #5 is for sale in the classifieds...FOR PARTS. Another good competitor gone :mad:

originalpoet
05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
A quick story... A co-worker of mine came out to the track Saturday for opening night... his 12 year old son is a major NASCAR fan...they have never been to Riverhead...when I saw him Monday I asked him how they liked the races...his reply was "Too many commercials". I asked him what he meant and he said it looked to him like toO much intentional wrecking...he thought it was kind of odd that race teams would spend the entire winter getting their cars ready and then trash them fighting for 7th place...if that's the image of us, we won't be getting too many new fans out there...bone head racing hurts all the teams...

Golf Guy
05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm confused with all this talk of accidents. This is short track racing, and the last two Cup races on short tracks produced many accidents and fender benders. I know everyone preaches patience when driving, but you are working with a limited number of laps, compared especially compared to a Cup race. Too much patience can lead to a very comfortable 14 thru 20 place finish. I feel accidents are alway going to be a part of short track racing, when you have very competitve drivers competing for limited space.

CheckerWon
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Golf Guy, accidents do happen....but wrecking somebody intentionally is just plain and simply B.S.!!! We put to much money and time in our cars for people to even think of driving that way ....I hope the fans get to see a lot of close hard racing out there this season and if a wreck happens because it is short track racing, that's understandable. However, if its on purpose, I hope the officials take care of it and the B.S. and retaliations will STOP!!!
Artie P.

crazycabsracing
05-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Couldn't HAVE said it better myself, checkerwon. :wave:

Mortgage Guy
05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I was not there, but I will say this Golf Guy and you know I like you a lot, but we will see if you post the same thing about short track racing when the the 00 gets taken out on any given Saturday. Seems to me, from reading these posts, Tommy was a little rough this week, but I am sure he will work it out with everyone and move on...Good luck to all this week....

Golf Guy
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I was not there last week either. But I have heard probably 10 different sides to this story. Artie, for you to write that Tommy wrecked on purpose I feel is not true. If someone feels as though they have to take revenge, that is their problem. Tommy is a big boy and a very good race car driver, I am sure he can take care of himeself. I am looking forward to some great racing this saturday night, as yes I will be there.

Jim Wichert

Tracy87BB
05-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Just to add my two cents on the topic in general, as I was not there either...
Part of the problem is the fact that you have 25 guys all trying to get to the front in 20 laps. Perhaps someone should suggest to the "powers that be" that they get more laps. I personally feel that there should be a minimum of 5 laps more than there are cars starting the feature (not just for this division, but for all of them). This can be done without changing the time limit, theoretically keeping the night's events from running too long. I would almost guarantee that you would have fewer wrecks, and come closer to - or over - the time limit on fewer occasions!

art11758
05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, I also was not in attendence last week. I will be in attendence this week and see if distance is a good test. In the past, the lesser handling cars in 30 lap events slide backwards pretty quickly. Can't wait to see some good, clean passing.

originalpoet
05-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Ah yes, the epic side by side battles of Gardner/McCort, Lil Henry Cataldo/Ed Bubba Zwickel, Clancy/Domingez, Chirico/Gardner...what happened? Oh yes, those guys dont run BB anymore.